Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: The Book CC Track & Field 2006-07

1. Default Re: UL Track- It's SO sad!

Those were the days my friend I thought they'd never end!!!! Obviously they have!!!!

Default Re: UL Track- It's SO sad!

Quote Originally Posted by No_Namer
    . . . I hope that the UL athletic department reads this.
    Well I am glad to see that you got that off of your chest. But this university is not embaressed by the results of the meet and if you think they are your mistaken. Nothing will change in the near future either. if you are so passionate about that particular program then why dont you go out and raise 10 million for an endowment specificaly for track. So they would have a budget that would allow them to recruit and pay other coaches because we do have the lowest paid and lowest staffed coaching crew of any team in the sunbelt. A State has 9 fulltime coaches while we have 2. the sad part of that is about 6 of those makes more than Lance. So before you go out and start calling for peoples heads you need to take a closer look into the whole situation. I am not deffending the coaches here but they could both leave and make more monoey teaching and coaching in high school than they can at UL.

Default Re: Arceneaux a bright spot in poor Cajun outing

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4ever
    I was done when Lancon and Badon were here in the early 90's!!!
    Lancon and Badon were both field event coaches. We do not have 9 javelin throwers on the roster, or do we have 9 shot putters, or discus guys. We do not have 9 hurdlers nor do we have any really good jumpers. that is how they won. They did not win with speed on the track, never. They took a huge lead coming out of the field and just held on. Badon coached the jumps and Lancon coached the throws. that is how it was done.

Default Re: Arceneaux a bright spot in poor Cajun outing

Quote Originally Posted by cajun nation
    Lancon and Badon were both field event coaches. We do not have 9 javelin throwers on the roster, or do we have 9 shot putters, or discus guys. We do not have 9 hurdlers nor do we have any really good jumpers. that is how they won. They did not win with speed on the track, never. They took a huge lead coming out of the field and just held on. Badon coached the jumps and Lancon coached the throws. that is how it was done.
    They did not win with speed on the track, never.

Wrong. Badon coached some jumps but also sprints. Boo coached jumps in the mid 90's. And we did win with speed and field events. You have to have speed to win the 4X100 4X200 and the 4X400 at the Drake Relays. Two hurdlers in the top three of most meets. Two 200 meter men qualified to the NCAA championships. It was a team effort. No team was even close because of the points scored in the field. Which half were football guys. The sprints finished it off and no one else had a chance. It was done and can be again, but not with this staff.

this university is not embaressed by the results of the meet and if you think they are your mistaken. if you are so passionate about that particular program then why dont you go out and raise 10 million for an endowment specificaly for track. So they would have a budget that would allow them to recruit and pay other coaches because we do have the lowest paid and lowest staffed coaching crew of any team in the sunbelt.
    If this university is not embarrassed by the results of the past few conference track meets then there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with this university! I feel like "Cajun Nation" is Lance Veazey himself, you sure do share some common personality traits! Both of you accept last place not only as ok, but it's like you think it's good or something?!?!?!?!

And I didn't mention anything about there not being enough money. Past coaches recruited athletes with the SAME crappy budget! Why can't Veazey? I'll tell you whybecause he is a lazy BUM! So don't give me that crap!

And about fund raising. I happen to know that there have been MANY different people go to Veazey with fund raising ideas and he has shot the idea down. One person even offered to donate money to the program and Veazey told them "it's no big deal" and turned down the money.WHY????

Even if Lance had a budget of $6 million he STILL WOULD NOT RECRUIT. He'd still be in his office surfing myspace and facebook looking a pictures of young college girls when he should be out calling kids or out coaching his current athletes.

Like someone said on the thread about Justin Arceneaux (the only person that got a medal at the indoor conference meet), NOTHING will change until Veazey is GONE!

The University of Louisiana Lafayette should be embarrassed of itself for allowing Lance Veazey to continue his role as head coach. Maybe it's because he's buddy buddy with the acting AD. Either way, it's pretty sad that 99% of his current athletes would like for him to be fired! That's just down right SAD!

E.M.

Arkansas State has 4 paid coaches. Only 2 full time (only one of which makes more than Lance), 2 part time. We do have a relatively good budget for recruiting, travel and equipment though along with a full complement of scholarships considering how big our school is.

If this university is not embarrassed by the results of the past few conference track meets then there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with this university! I feel like "Cajun Nation" is Lance Veazey himself, you sure do share some common personality traits! Both of you accept last place not only as ok, but it's like you think it's good or something?!?!?!?!

And I didn't mention anything about there not being enough money. Past coaches recruited athletes with the SAME crappy budget! Why can't Veazey? I'll tell you whybecause he is a lazy BUM! So don't give me that crap!

And about fund raising. I happen to know that there have been MANY different people go to Veazey with fund raising ideas and he has shot the idea down. One person even offered to donate money to the program and Veazey told them "it's no big deal" and turned down the money.WHY????

Even if Lance had a budget of $6 million he STILL WOULD NOT RECRUIT. He'd still be in his office surfing myspace and facebook looking a pictures of young college girls when he should be out calling kids or out coaching his current athletes.

Like someone said on the thread about Justin Arceneaux (the only person that got a medal at the indoor conference meet), NOTHING will change until Veazey is GONE!

The University of Louisiana Lafayette should be embarrassed of itself for allowing Lance Veazey to continue his role as head coach. Maybe it's because he's buddy buddy with the acting AD. Either way, it's pretty sad that 99% of his current athletes would like for him to be fired! That's just down right SAD!

E.M.
    Wow. Your first two posts on the board ever and you come out swinging an axe. Slow down and take some breaths, otherwise you'll be at the doctor's office trying to explain to him that UL track and field is the cause of your high blood pressure.

E.M.
    No I am not Lance Veasey but I do know that the current state of the track program will not change and the University does not care. Look they had an oppertunity to hire Boo Schexsnider when Lancon died but they would not meet his contract demands. If i remember correctly he only asked for a fairly small recruiting budget and a 50-60 grand a year salary. They would not budge even though he is regarded as one of the best track coaches in the south. So you think it is all Veasey's fault we suck so bad, we will have to disagree on that, partially his fault yes for not having the ball to tell the University to go F themselves for not funding the program.

Quote Originally Posted by lonpvh
    Arkansas State has 4 paid coaches. Only 2 full time (only one of which makes more than Lance), 2 part time. We do have a relatively good budget for recruiting, travel and equipment though along with a full complement of scholarships considering how big our school is.
    Why don't you come and take over Lon you were a Cajun great. But I am assuming that leaving all those great facility's and the pay cut, oh yeah and the fact that Ark State takes pride in all of their programs is enough to keep you away. lol

Track & Field Re: UL Track- It's SO sad!

Why don't you come and take over Lon you were a Cajun great. But I am assuming that leaving all those great facility's and the pay cut, oh yeah and the fact that Ark State takes pride in all of their programs is enough to keep you away. lol

Yeh, but you still have to live in NE Arkansas, and that is a bitter fruit to eat.

You guys don't have to rub it in about where I live. Trust me, I know how painful it is. I'm sure they will figure things out down there. I kind of liked some of the young athletes they have. Lon

It seems to me that you don't have a life. It also seems that you are a person that runs their mouth too much about stuff that you don't know anything about. How can you ridicule a program that has no money!!!!GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by missy1
    It seems to me that you don't have a life. It also seems that you are a person that runs their mouth too much about stuff that you don't know anything about. How can you ridicule a program that has no money!!!!GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!
    I do run my mouth. I think that is pretty obvious. BUT, I run my mouth about things I DO know about. If you can't se from my earlier post that I know many facts about what has gone on in the program in the past and what is currently going on then try going back and reading my post again. I stated many facts.

Missy1, you need to realize something. Years ago, the team had NO MONEY, just as it does now, but they were a VERY GOOD TEAM back then, with the SAME budget!!!! If money is the problem, WHY NOT FUND RAISE?????? I'll tell you why, it's because Veazey is too damn lazy!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, FIRE LANCE VEAZEY!

E.M.

This is so COOL Re: UL Track- It's SO sad!

I do run my mouth. I think that is pretty obvious. BUT, I run my mouth about things I DO know about. If you can't se from my earlier post that I know many facts about what has gone on in the program in the past and what is currently going on then try going back and reading my post again. I stated many facts.

Missy1, you need to realize something. Years ago, the team had NO MONEY, just as it does now, but they were a VERY GOOD TEAM back then, with the SAME budget!!!! If money is the problem, WHY NOT FUND RAISE?????? I'll tell you why, it's because Veazey is too damn lazy!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, FIRE LANCE VEAZEY!

E.M.
    Tubine how long you gonna let some people defy the board rules?
    This guy has broken several I know of:

The following rules are in place as a guideline to posters and administrators alike. Posts that exceed the guidelines will be deleted and aware posters who do not honor the guidelines will be banned.

:The rules are as follows:

Use of profanity or posting obscene content, or links to such, is not allowed.
    Personal insults of players, coaches, or fellow posters are not allowed.
    Settling of personal vendettas on the board is not allowed.
    Calling for the firing of a coach during their season or during recruiting season is not allowed."

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    Tubine how long you gonna let some people defy the board rules?
    This guy has broken several I know of:

The following rules are in place as a guideline to posters and administrators alike. Posts that exceed the guidelines will be deleted and aware posters who do not honor the guidelines will be banned.

:The rules are as follows:

Use of profanity or posting obscene content, or links to such, is not allowed.
    Personal insults of players, coaches, or fellow posters are not allowed.
    Settling of personal vendettas on the board is not allowed.
    Calling for the firing of a coach during their season or during recruiting season is not allowed."

See, this is the problem with some of you people. It's like you don't care that the track team is terrible, which the blame should be placed largely on the coaching staff.

Perhaps the reason Turbine hasn't deleted the thread yet is because he agree's with what is being said? A LOT of people have been calling for the firing of Lance Veazey for well over a year now. It's time to step up and take action and stop worrying about hurting someone's feelings etc. If you aren't doing your job, you should be fired, plain and simple! And I think we can all agree that Veazey hasn't been doing his job for nearly 3 years now!!!!

I pray at night that someone (who has power) will grow the balls to actually do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E.M.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information