Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: The Book CC Track & Field 2006-07

1. Endurance Training Re: Lady Cajuns #1 in 2006 Ragin’ Cajuns Invitational (slide show)

I wish I was in Louisiana to watch the lady Cajuns run.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns claim 2nd in 2006 Ragin’ Cajuns Invitational (slide show)

Yes we ran well at Acadiana Park Friday night. We have a lot of room for improvement as a team overall though. We have the guys and the guts to go all the way. Thanks for all the fan support. We hope to see more out there to motivate and cheer us on next time. Thanks for taking the pics Turbine. We appreciate it.

3. Endurance Training Ragin Cajun Cross Country shows up at LSU

BATON ROUGE - The University of Louisiana's men's cross country team took a third-place finish Saturday in a six-team field and the women's squad finished fourth out of 10 teams in the LSU Tiger Cross Country Festival.

The Cajun men finished with 66 points, paced by Philip Guidry's individual performance, to finish behind winning LSU (22) and Grambling State (62). Guidry had a team-best 28:37.55 over the 8,000-meter course to finish seven among scoring runners, while Daniel Hebert was ninth among the scorers at 28:49.36.

UL's women had 105 points in the meet, finishing behind LSU (30), Tulane (44) and Southeastern La. (94) and ahead of Sun Belt rival South Alabama (147) in fifth place. Jasmine Collins finished 14th for the Cajuns over a 6,000-meter course in 24:30.66 and Callie Picou was 17th among scoring runners in 25:10.71.

The source of the story

4. Endurance Training Next up: UL Cross Country Teams headed to NSU Invitational

NATCHITOCHES – A late afternoon trek awaits both Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns men’s and women’s cross country teams here Monday as they participate in the NSU Invitational hosted by Northwestern State.

The meet is being held on the hilly terrain path of the Demon Hills golf course at the Robert W. Wilson Recreation Complex located on the Highway 1 Bypass.

Competition begins with the women’s 5K race at 4:30 p.m. The men will follow at 5:15 p.m., in an 8K race.

Joining the Ragin’ Cajuns and host Northwestern State will be Louisiana-Monroe, Louisiana Tech, Grambling State, Centenary, East Texas Baptist, Lamar, McNeese State, Nicholls State and Louisiana College.

Monday’s outing will be the third team race of the season for both the UL men and women. The teams last ran on Saturday, Sept. 23 in the Louisiana State Tiger Cross Country Festival.

Philip Guidry and Jasmine Collins are looking for the trifecta. Both have led the Ragin’ Cajuns men and women, respectively, in the squads’ first two team races.

5. When: Monday, Oct. 2, 2006
  6. Where: Natchitoches, La.
  7. Venue: Demon Hills golf course
  8. Race Times: Women’s 5K @ 4:30 p.m.; Men’s 8K @ 5:15 p.m.

LOUISIANA SI

9. Endurance Training Ragin' Cajuns and Lady Cajuns Finish 2nd at NSU Invitational

NATCHITOCHES – Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns men’s and women’s cross country teams both turned in second place finishes here Monday evening in the NSU Cross Country Invitational at Demon Hills Golf Course.

For the men it was the second time the squad finished second this season. The squad tallied 72 points in Monday’s 8K race, beating Grambling State (79 points) by seven points for second.

The women’s team scored 65 points in its second 5K meet of the season. Aided by five Top 20 finishes the squad was able to distance itself from the rest of the pack – third-place finisher Northwestern State trailed UL by 48 points (113 points).

Philip Guidry was the top finisher for the UL men for the third straight meet. His time of 27:33.18 earned him a sixth-place finish and was his best time of the season. Guidry collected his second Top 10 outing (finished 4th in the Ragin’ Cajuns Invitational).

D.J. Hebert followed Guidry once again. Hebert ran the 8K event in 28:02.74 which was also a season-best.

Also counting toward the points total for the Cajuns’ men were Joby Gisclair (14th, 28:49.65), Peter Stelly (21st, 29:35.05) and Brandon Orso (23rd, 30:04.76). Gisclair and Stelly each recorded season-best times with Stelly besting his previous high by over one minute.

The Cajuns women had a different leader this time.

New Iberia native Alix Stelly completed the 5K course in 20:29.32 for a 10th-place finish. It was a marked improvement for Stelly who timed in at 22:00.30 in the 5K Ragin’ Cajuns Invitational.

Jasmine Collins was the women’s teams’ top runner in the previous two meets. Collins, who finished fourth in the Ragin’ Cajuns Invitational 5K, slipped down to 12th running Monday’s meet in 20:40.16 – 36 seconds off her RCI effort.

Starting with Stelly at 10th place, the UL women added Casey Brown in 11th (20:32.50), Collins in 12th, Suzanne Boudreaux in 13th (, 20:48.85) and Callie Picou in 19th (21:30.44) to give the squad all of its point scorers in the Top 20.

Monday’s performance marked the second time this season that the Cajuns’ women had five runners in the Top 20. UL also had five Top 20 runners in the Ragin’ Cajuns Invitational.

Lamar took home the championship in both the men’s and women’s races. The Cardinals had the top three individual finishers on both sides.

The Ragin’ Cajuns cross country team takes the weekend off and won’t return to action until Friday, Oct. 13 when a delegation heads back to Natchitoches for the Demon Invitational.

LOUISIANA SI

Default How Was My Editorial?

Did ya'll read/enjoy my op/ed in today's Advertiser?

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb.ON02/610260334

Default Re: How Was My Editorial?

From Cajunrunner's Article:

"The UL football program is finally rebounding, and this is good for the whole university, especially the rest of the athletics program. As a former Ragin' Cajun track and field athlete, I have seen how revenue brought in by the football and basketball teams affects funds for the spring sports, such as baseball, softball and track.
    I know all the typical rhetoric from those who enjoy putting down the Cajuns. The fact is our Cajun football players work just as hard as any in the nation, and the results are beginning to show.

Now is certainly the best time for all SLI, USL and UL alumni to really show support for the football team that represents Lafayette. If you graduated from SLI/USL/UL, there is hardly any reason for you not to attend Saturday's game at Cajun Field. Even if you swear you're the biggest Tiger fan, LSU is off.

About one out of every four players on the Cajun roster played high school football right here in Acadiana, therefore sporting a great representation of the area and giving local fans some good local guys to cheer for. So remember, not only is supporting your candidate for the upcoming election important, but so is supporting our UL Ragin' Cajun football team.

In the end, these guys, with their class and hard work, will always represent Acadiana and Lafayette better than the politicians."

Nicely put and a great tie in to try to help boost attendance. Thanks.

By the way, are you a native iotian?

Good read. Nice work.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner

Nice. I am glad you posted that here so we can all see it. I usually read the advertiser online and I'm not sure if I'd have noticed it. Well done.

Do it every week. but, next time, see if you can work in some subliminal messages or something and try to hypnotize them to the game.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

First class!

Thanks,

Z.

Kal:

I'm from Lafayette. My wife is a native Iotian, Gott's Cove to be exact.

Rhineaux:

I'm part of that new guest editorial staff for the Daily Advertiser. It's a rotation where my op/eds appear once every three weeks, and I wasn't scheduled to appear until next Thursday. However, I begged the lady who was scheduled for today to switch with me so I could have this one in print for Homecoming. She was happy to, but be warned. The reason she wanted to switch is because her upcoming editorial is about the need for UL (to not) play LSU!!

The rest of my stuff, with the exception of a New Orleans Bowl op/ed if we make it, will be on Louisiana politicis.

Kal:

I'm from Lafayette. My wife is a native Iotian, Gott's Cove to be exact.

Rhineaux:

I'm part of that new guest editorial staff for the Daily Advertiser. It's a rotation where my op/eds appear once every three weeks, and I wasn't scheduled to appear until next Thursday. However, I begged the lady who was scheduled for today to switch with me so I could have this one in print for Homecoming. She was happy to, but be warned. The reason she wanted to switch is because her upcoming editorial is about the need for UL (to not) play LSU!!

The rest of my stuff, with the exception of a New Orleans Bowl op/ed if we make it, will be on Louisiana politicis.
    She'll have to be real savvy to go down that trail and not step in her own poop.

17. Default Re: How Was My Editorial?

That was a great piece, Nick! Very enjoyable. Keep up the good work. Hopefully, you can take a break from the political stuff to address the Cajuns' achievements again in the near future.maybe something they're doing say. in New Orleans?

Nice job Nick. Keep pushing our Cajuns.

We've missed you the last couple of years in our Erath 4th of July Run. Try to make it back next year.

Your race director and fellow alum.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Very nice article. Thank you for taking (making) the opportunity to reach out thru the Advertiser to gain added support for UL athletics, and in particular this weeks homecoming football contest.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information