Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Softball announcers are really dumb

Default Softball announcers are really dumb

They just explained to us all why Dallas Escobedo isn't efficient in her motion and doesn't get the power she should out of her pitches. WOW. Must suck to be the (soon) 2-time national champion like that. Terrible existence, I tell ya. Poor her.

Default Re: Softball announcers are really dumb

They are teribble because they only show up for the Super Regionals and World Series and think they are experts. If it weren't for Kyle Peterson they would be just as bad for baseball. ESPN tries to control everything, but doesn't help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    They are teribble because they only show up for the Super Regionals and World Series and think they are experts. If it weren't for Kyle Peterson they would be just as bad for baseball. ESPN tries to control everything, but doesn't help at all.
    I give my props to Hollie Rowe, though. She announced our Super vs. UCLA. She made it a point to be very knowledgeable about our team BEFORE game 1. She didn't call us "UL-L" and she knew the players, the pronounciations, and little details that I kept shaking my head about. She really did her homework.

I heard a couple of her sideline reports, and she's better than most men (who provide useless information or state the obvious from the sidelines/dugout).

Hollie Rowe should be in the booth. She's the class of the field, by far.

I really am amazed how lacking in knowledge each and every one of these announcers are.

To be fair, I didn't think Adam Amin was bad last weekend for UL vs. ASU, either. He kept saying Orgeron's name over and over, so Jennie Finch would know how to pronounce it. Jennie, he's trying to help you out without embarrassing you. It was hilarious. Of course, that was Thursday, when i was still in a good mood about all that stuff.

I just heard "over the white part of the plate" literally 10 times in a half inning. Is there another color part of the plate I'm just not seeing? The whole plate looks white to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    I just heard "over the white part of the plate" literally 10 times in a half inning. Is there another color part of the plate I'm just not seeing? The whole plate looks white to me.
    Technically the edges are black . Well at least when I was a catcher some 30+ years ago. I do understand your frustration.

6. Default Re: Softball announcers are really dumb

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Technically the edges are black . Well at least when I was a catcher some 30+ years ago.
    Which is why there is the phrase . "painting the black".

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Technically the edges are black . Well at least when I was a catcher some 30+ years ago. I do understand your frustration.
    Oh! Well never mind, then :-)

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Which is why there is the phrase . "painting the black".

Brian
    If she would've mixed in a few "painting the black" references with the 50,000 "white part of the plate" references, maybe the half of the audience that are as dumb as me would have understood what she was saying. :-)

9. Default Re: Softball announcers are really dumb

If she would've mixed in a few "painting the black" references with the 50,000 "white part of the plate" references, maybe the half of the audience that are as dumb as me would have understood what she was saying. :-)
    I hear ya. I also thought the verbiage was a bit strange.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I hear ya. I also thought the verbiage was a bit strange.

Brian
    Is she trying to say "over the middle of the plate?" Only took me about 10 games to figure that out.

Was wondering where you disappeared to, Mr. Gammons.

11. Default Re: Softball announcers are really dumb

Is she trying to say "over the middle of the plate?" Only took me about 10 games to figure that out.

Was wondering where you disappeared to, Mr. Gammons.
    Yes, she is trying to say the pitcher is getting too much of the plate.

Who is Mr. Gammons?

Brian

12. Default Re: Softball announcers are really dumb

"And here is the Mr. Gammons of college baseball". Does that ring a bell?

Quote Originally Posted by Square Head View Post
    Winner winner chicken dinner

Posted in wrong thread… Please ignore

15. Default Re: Softball announcers are really dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Square Head View Post
    I am coming up with nothing.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information