Thread: Hornets win lottery, land No. 1 overall pick

1. Default Hornets win lottery, land No. 1 overall pick

The New Orleans Hornets won the NBA draft lottery Wednesday night and secured the top overall pick in the 2012 draft.

Default Re: Hornets win lottery, land No. 1 overall pick

The Hornets won about 500 games tonight

3. Default Re: Hornets win lottery, land No. 1 overall pick

There are a ton of things this does. One it makes the Hornets a much better club. It makes the 10th pick an interesting one, use it, trade it? If you use it who will likely be there.

Gives Scott Prather a lot of topics until June 28th.

Takes a little glare off Bounty Gate, and Saints failure to land Brees to date.

Interesting take on Brees, is this his second franchise tag, or the Saints first franchise tag on him. The difference is huge and gives the club or Brees the maximum leverage. It would have to be decided by an arbitrator.

Back to Hornets? Love this player, but is he what the Hornets need in 2012-13? Had some problems with more physical players, and he needs to add about 20 pounds to be a typical power forward. Of course he can create problems for his heavier opponents with speed, quickness, and range.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    There are a ton of things this does. One it makes the Hornets a much better club. It makes the 10th pick an interesting one, use it, trade it? If you use it who will likely be there.

Gives Scott Prather a lot of topics until June 28th.

Takes a little glare off Bounty Gate, and Saints failure to land Brees to date.

Interesting take on Brees, is this his second franchise tag, or the Saints first franchise tag on him. The difference is huge and gives the club or Brees the maximum leverage. It would have to be decided by an arbitrator.

Back to Hornets? Love this player, but is he what the Hornets need in 2012-13? Had some problems with more physical players, and he needs to add about 20 pounds to be a typical power forward. Of course he can create problems for his heavier opponents with speed, quickness, and range.
    Two words.Greg Oden.

Davis will be a beast, he grew 8 inches in 18 months in high school, the weight will come. He is only 19. He is a good kid, smart, hard worker and has a 7'4" wing span. Managed to dominate the national championship while scoring 2 points.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Two words.Greg Oden.
    this guy will be way better!

I dont think he is a franchise changer, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    I dont think he is a franchise changer, IMO.

Then you haven't been paying attention. He's going to be an immediate impact defensive player, he also handles the ball like a guard so he'll be able to pull out opposing centers. He has also shown a nice jumper although he didn't have to use it much at Kentucky. He reminds a lot of Kevin Garnett but his offense is still raw, he does have better handles than KG though.

Eric Gordon and Davis make a great nucleus for the future of the Hornets.

Dwight Howard only weighed 240 when he got in the league, this kid will be really good, not saying he will be Dwight Howard but he is a defensive beast and can knock down the 15 footer

Question? Although I am from New Orleans, I really don't follow NBA basketball - New Orleans or otherwise. My focus has always been on the Cajuns in basketball. So, am I crazy or does it seem that that National News Media is very upset (insert your favorite adjective) because the Hornets got the No. 1 pick???? I mean, it seems like articles and comments in the media about a "conspiracy" to give the Hornets the No. 1 pick??? I don't get it. I never heard anyone complain about who got the No 1 pick last year or the year before. Is it me and my lack of knowledge about NBA stuff or are the other media markets just jealous?

Not a big deal but if anyone has an intelligent thought I'd liked to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by wgwillis View Post
    Question? Although I am from New Orleans, I really don't follow NBA basketball - New Orleans or otherwise. My focus has always been on the Cajuns in basketball. So, am I crazy or does it seem that that National News Media is very upset (insert your favorite adjective) because the Hornets got the No. 1 pick???? I mean, it seems like articles and comments in the media about a "conspiracy" to give the Hornets the No. 1 pick??? I don't get it. I never heard anyone complain about who got the No 1 pick last year or the year before. Is it me and my lack of knowledge about NBA stuff or are the other media markets just jealous?

Not a big deal but if anyone has an intelligent thought I'd liked to hear it!
    People are saying it's a conspiracy bc technically the NBA still owns the team, not Tom Benson. Also, idiots are saying David Stern may have offered Benson #1 pick if he purchased team.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Two words.Greg Oden.
    Seven Words.Oden and Davis have nothing in common.

Six Words.You know very little about basketball.

Thread Information