Thread: The Book: 2003 Louisiana's Recruiting

UL Football Re: Recruiting: Cajuns ink one from Miami

Originally posted by Turbine

Bruce Taylor
    5'10" 174
    WR runs a 4.4
    S Miami HS
    Miami Florida

He can catch. As a junior Bruce Taylor, had a game with 5 receptions for 145 yards and 3 TDs.

As a senior, Bruce added 14 pounds to his 160 lb frame and was name to the State of Florida's All-State 3rd team offense.

Now he is a Cajun

Can we trade him for an all state Offensive Tackle or Defensive End. Boy we have lots of speed in this class.

Ragin' Cajuns I don't know if I can stand all this GOOD NEWS!!!! ;0)

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER!!!!!

UL Football

Try this Cali,

UL Signees 1998-2003

4. UL Football Recruiting's over???

The big ragoo is getting all misty about the "rook" of the month votes.

Thanks to everyone that got excited, interested and posted about football and recruiting. It was a great group effort.

Hey, no one told the big ragoo that recruiting was over though. The big ragoo would no longer have a purpose in life. All things would end, life would cease to exist. Say it ain't so. We still got a slot left for a LT right? Please don't say recruiting is over.

Wait, did someone say "SPRING FOOTBALL?" March 15th baby!!!!!!!!!! Now the big ragoo has someone to look forward to. Hey we also got a lot of junior recruiting to get done after spring football. Get to work men.

UL Football

I agree Ragoo, recruiting can't be over. Hell, recruiting is NEVER over. GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!!

Ragin' Cajuns

Ragoo's post reminded me of a question I wanted to ask. Are there any schollies being held for possible late JUCO qualifiers? I agree that the Cajun's need help at the OT position. Also, who looks to be the #1 running back for the upcoming year?

Originally posted by evcajun12
    How did he not sign with someone on signing day?
    For some reason, I think that it might be his height. If they don't keep him at WR for his primary position, I see him on special teams for kickoffs and punt returns, ala Michael Lewis for the Saints, although not that short. At that position, his height won't be a disadvantage to him and he definitely has the speed. What do you think?

Geaux Cajuns!!!!
    Hustle up and Bustle up!!!!

I thank you, Turbine, and the rest of you for allowing me to contribute in any way that I can. I know that I don't have the inside scoops that you guys do, but I try to fill a niche. Heck, I didn't even go to UL. I just love the university. You guys are great.

Geaux Cajuns!!!!

If he is really 5-10 then height won't be a problem at WR.

Originally posted by Crowley Cajun
    Heck, I didn't even go to UL. I just love the university. You guys are great.
    That is the BEST kind of fan! UL needs more like you!

Originally posted by SwampFox
    If he is really 5-10 then height won't be a problem at WR.
    I don't know. I'm 5-8 and I consider myself short. I'm no football guru, but I always thought that you'd really like your WR's at least 6'. But I do know one thing for sure. I'm glad he committed to us! I read in today's DA that he should have his paperwork in this week.

Geaux Cajuns!!!!

Ragin' Cajuns HEIGHT DOESN'T MATTER.

.if you can blow past the defenders!!! That's what 4.4 speed does for you.

"Bruce Taylor
    5'10" 174
    WR runs a 4.4
    S Miami HS
    Miami Florida

He can catch. As a junior Bruce Taylor, had a game with 5 receptions for 145 yards and 3 TDs.

As a senior, Bruce added 14 pounds to his 160 lb frame and was name to the State of Florida's All-State 3rd team offense.

Hey guys, add him to the master list!

14. Default Scrambling to sign prospects pays off for Cajuns' coach Bustle

Time Picayune-By Greg LaRose

Time is a valuable commodity in the world of college football recruiting: Coaching staffs usually start to home in on a prospect in advance of his sophomore year of high school. For an idea of how much time is worth, just ask Louisiana-Lafayette football coach Rickey Bustle, who didn't have much of it after taking over the Ragin' Cajuns in December 2001.

Working against the clock, Bustle and his assistants scrambled to sign 14 prospects for his first ULL recruiting class this past February. But as soon as that group was finalized, the staff began looking ahead to 2003 to use its leftover scholarships.

Bustle signed 30 players by signing day. Since eight of those players enrolled at ULL in January, they count against last year's NCAA limit of 25 scholarships.

The rest of the story

UL Football New Cajun Lineman!

The Cajuns Latest Signee is San Francisco CC OL Adrian Limbrick.The 6-4,295 Limbrick was first team All Nor-California JC OL.Limbrick is scheduled to graduate on time and should be here during the summer.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread Information