Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Louisiana's Recruiting

Ragin' Cajuns

"I have no doubt that Louisiana strength coach, Brad Ohrt, can do exactly as you say."

DITTO!!!!

Originally posted by SwampFox

Fisher said Cutler is a rare combination of size, strength and speed. Cutler has benched 300 pounds, power-cleaned 345 and squatted 500.
    What's the big deal? Even I can do that!

Oh! I see! They mean in one rep. Yowzah!

I hope the Cajuns still have a legitimate chance to sign Jeffries Tatford, because it is my understanding that he wants to play Baseball as much, if not more, than he does Football! If that is the case, what better place could he choose to sign? By choosing to attend UL, Tatford could help build the Cajun Football program under Coach Bustle in the fall, and then play for best Baseball program and Coach in the country during the spring!

It doesn't sound like a very tough decision to me!!!!

UL Football Is this true?

I just ran across a message from someone on the La Tech message board that indicated Tre' Green (LB from Bastrop) is wavering on his commitment to the Cajuns and is now considering Tech. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this, or is it just a rumor that has been started?

Guru, still on for the basketball game. Will call you tomorrow afternoon.

I have not heard anything. Guru? Ragoo? Turbine?

7. Default

Originally posted by CajunDave1
    I just ran across a message from someone on the La Tech message board that indicated Tre' Green (LB from Bastrop) is wavering on his commitment to the Cajuns and is now considering Tech. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this, or is it just a rumor that has been started?
    Originally posted by SwampFox
    I have not heard anything. Guru? Ragoo? Turbine?

No I have not been privy, although I did see the post that CajunDave1 mentioned. Basically the poster was asking if anyone had heard this rumor.

Frankly I am not surprised at a recruit mulling over decisions-even if true-since coach Bustle said something on the SportsNote to the effect that once a recruit gives a verbal the opponents "Let the Dogs out" (pun)

I suspect that the Bastrop area might be pro LA Tech, and would not find it unexpected that he might be pressured. Now while I am not worried, I will not view any indecision-or change of heart-by athletes, as a strike against UL.

Coach Bustle pretty much predicted this possibility.

UL Football

"I just ran across a message from someone on the La Tech message board that indicated Tre' Green (LB from Bastrop) is wavering on his commitment to the Cajuns and is now considering Tech. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this, or is it just a rumor that has been started?"

Yes,I did read it earlier today on Tech's board.I believe it's more wishful thinking, then fact.I've not found anyone that can verify that poster's statement and the Tech board is the only mention of this rumor.If you look at his post,he clearly is asking someone to verify his rumor in hopes that it is true.Green did have Tech as one of the schools he was interested in,but clearly enjoyed his visit here.The Tech fan is assuming that if it is between the Cajuns and Tech,Green would automatically choose Tech.Wrong!!

Don't be surprised to hear more of these rumors now that signning day is close and some of the big schools are coming back on our recruits.Do you think Williams will not get any calls now that he has committed?Most of the kids that have committed are solid,let's wait and see what happens.:o

I agree Guru, it seems people all of sudden have gotten interested in some of our people like Clark & Green. It seems they have been on McCray for a while.
    You have to admire a kid like Leger who committed to us early and (to our knowledge) has never wavered. I think it would be great to have a kid with Ally Broussard's talent play for us but Broussard committed to LSU a long time ago and that was his 1st choice. I don't think we should be jumping up and down to be his 2nd or 3rd choice if that happens.
    Wish Levier would go public with his choice if we are still his choice.

Ragin' Cajuns Keep 'em coming Coach Bustle!!!!

This is great!! We're finally going to have a D-line with some real size that can push some people around and stuff the run!!! Excellent!!!

Originally posted by CDeb
    What's the big deal? Even I can do that!

Oh! I see! They mean in one rep. Yowzah!
    I can do that in 10maybe.

Geaux Cajuns!!!!
    Hustle up and Bustle up!!!!

12. UL Football Tre Green is solid

That's just wishful thinking on their part. Tre Green is solid on his commitment to UL. He was already committed before his visit. While he was here, he took care of things he needed to for the Fall. Don't be surprised to see UL get more kids out of Bastrop.

Default Texas quarterback commits to ULL

By WILLIAM WEATHERS
    wweathers@theadvocate.com
    Advocate sportswriter
    The junior college signatures have been plentiful and commitments bountiful.

But the University of Louisiana at Lafayette’s 2003 recruiting class received its biggest addition to date with a pledge from quarterback Devin Williams of Sam Houston High in Arlington, Texas.

Williams, a 6-foot-4, 215-pounder, is rated among the nation’s top 11 dual-threat (run and throw) quarterbacks by Rivals.com.

“He’s probably one of the biggest recruits they’ve gotten,” Sam Houston coach Kenny Perry said. “But they really did a good of recruiting him. When this thing started, they were with him from the start and that meant a lot to him.”

Williams is rated the No. 4 quarterback in Texas by the Houston Chronicle. The Dallas Morning News lists Williams as its No. 18 prospect on its Area Top 100 list and No. 50 among the state’s Top 100.

Williams, who projects to be an academic qualifier, selected UL over Kansas State and Utah. He also received interest from Michigan State, Arkansas, Missouri and Oklahoma.

“Oklahoma offered him as a wide receiver,” Perry said. “He liked (UL) coach (Rickey) Bustle — the fact that he coached (Atlanta Falcons’ QB) Michael Vick in college weighed on him pretty heavy.”

Williams, one of 70 players selected to play in today’s 2nd Annual Coca-Cola High All-Star game in Grand Prairie, was a three-year starter for Sam Houston.

He was voted the District 6-5A most valuable player on offense after throwing for more than 1,500 yards and 14 touchdowns and rushing for an additional 750 yards and 12 scores as a junior.

Perry said Williams passed for close to 2,000 yards and rushed for more than 850 last season, leading Sam Houston to a 6-6 record and the second round of the state playoffs.

UL HOSTING 10: With current commitments Zach Leger of Bishop Sullivan and Mark Risher of St. Thomas More set to visit, UL will host approximately 10 prospects this weekend.

Acadiana-Scott running back Alley Broussard, an LSU commitment who is not yet academically qualified, will visit this weekend his mother Calesia Broussard said. He made an official visit to Louisiana Tech two weeks ago.

Default Cajuns receive Williams pledge

The Daily Advertiser
    Dan McDonald
    January 25, 2003

LAFAYETTE — Every school’s football recruiting class needs a bell cow . a player whose accolades and abilities stand out and whose presence creates a swell of interest in the team’s future prospects.

UL’s coaching staff may now have that bell-cow player.

Quarterback Devin Williams of Arlington, Texas and Sam Houston High, one of the nation’s most highly-regarded dual-threat performers, issued a verbal commitment to the Ragin’ Cajun program this week, becoming the 15th commitment to the squad.

And, the 6-foot-4, 210-pounder may be the most impressive of the group.

“He’s big, he can run and he’s got a strong arm,” said Sam Houston head coach Kenny Perry of Williams. “He certainly changed our program. He’s pretty special.”

Williams passed for 1,840 yards and 13 scores as a senior and rushed for 859 more yards and eight TDs.

Over the past two years, he has accounted for 4,949 yards and 46 touchdowns.

FULL STORY

This thread and the JC Recruiting thread have almost 2000 views a piece. How popular is football

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread Information