Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Louisiana's Recruiting

1. UL Football the big ragoo has some friendly advice

Being that the big ragoo himself was just taken behind the woodshed himself for bashing a player, the big ragoo advises you to tread lightly when your first post is a flaming bomb on one of our prized JUCO recruits who is probably working out as we speak for the Cajuns.

Gentlemen, let the beatings begin.

UL Football

Originally posted by texas billy
    First off that ole boy travis from navaro is a good kid.i've seen him in person quite a few times in juco games,I watch all the navvaro games being an alumni, and his actual size is 5-10 215.is he supposed to be some big time fullback at D1 level???
    so your point is that he is not 5'11 and 220. yes i can see a vast difference there. by the way what recruiting service do you run? which universities are paying you for your scouting reports? i just wanted to be sure that we are dealing with a legit talent evaluator is all.

UL Football

I will take a shot at Texas billy,Ragoo.He may be 5-10,215,most of us don't really know since we have not seen him play.I too have been around football all my life and as you probably know,many schools don't usually put a premium on signing FB's to scholarships,when they can move other players to that position.Now regardless of how great or not great of a recruit you may think Cones is,he has the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and has good speed.If he can add on some weight, he can compete just fine.

But I do find it interesting Billy bob,that you chose to talk about Cones,instead of Blappert,Spann,Thomas,Scott and Brown.All ,which recruited by some really good programs and made All-Conference teams.But If you have any further information,please enlighten us oh great one.:o

Nice job, Guru! One and done drive by posters! Gotta love 'em!

Ken Haynes DT 6-4 295 joins the Cajuns

We are kicking _____ in JUCO recruiting

Ragin' Cajuns So he's 215.

Who says the strength coach can't get Cones on a program that'll put anywhere from 5 to 20 pounds of extra muscle mass AND help him take an extra tenth or two off his 40-time?? They do that kind of stuff with kids all the time.

7. Training

Originally posted by NOCajun
    Who says the strength coach can't get Cones on a program that'll put anywhere from 5 to 20 pounds of extra muscle mass AND help him take an extra tenth or two off his 40-time?? They do that kind of stuff with kids all the time.
    I have no doubt that Louisiana strength coach, Brad Ohrt, can do exactly as you say.

8. Default

Advertiser-Dan McDonald

LAFAYETTE — Ken Haynes doesn’t lack for confidence.

The defensive tackle from Southwest Mississippi Community College didn’t hesitate when asked if he liked the defensive scheme utilized by Louisiana's football squad.

“It’s going to give me the opportunity to make big plays,” Haynes said, “and show off in the process. I like to hit somebody and then show off.”

The 6-4, 295-pounder issued a verbal commitment to the Ragin’ Cajun program earlier this week as did another defender, 6-3, 275-pound tackle Chris Cutler of Grand Prairie, Texas and South Grand Prairie High.

The two bring the Cajuns’ commitment total to 14 — 11 high school players and three juco prospects — with just over a week remaining before the Feb. 5 national signing date. The Cajuns already have six junior college players and two prep players enrolled as newcomers for the spring semester.

Both Haynes and Cutler made visits to the UL Lafayette campus last weekend, and both came away impressed.

The rest of the story

I stumbled across this little board.
    That's a good way to introduce yourself to the board. Yeah. That's the ticket. Insult the creator of this board.

.and reading this BS about some of these players just cracks me up.
    Strike two. Insult the posters of the board. Well, if you're going to dig yourself into a hole, use a backhoe, not a shovel.

First off that ole boy travis from navaro is a good kid.i've seen him in person quite a few times in juco games,I watch all the navvaro games being an alumni, and his actual size is 5-10 215.is he supposed to be some big time fullback at D1 level???any johhny no-name can rush for 1500 yards in a texas private school leauge.thats like playing in louisiana 1A ball.
    Strike three. First you say that he's a good kid, then proceed to insult him. Man, you're a piece of work. Oh yeah. Nice shot at D1A ball in Louisiana by comparing Texas high school ball to us. We know that high school football is big in Texas, but like D1A? Ok. I have a cousin that is a football coach in Texas, so I have a general feel how big it is.

I just like to read some accurate information about our recruits.I want to know whats going on I want to be watching that New Orleans bowl this year.
    What makes you think that some of the information, or BS as you stated, isn't accurate? We rely on what is out there, so any misinformation out there is not the fault of the people on this board when they report it. And something else about your post. Never once did you say that you were a Cajun fan. So why the interest? I just find it interesting that you're here.

ULL adds junior college commitment

By WILLIAM WEATHERS
    wweathers@theadvocate.com
    Advocate sportswriter
    The University of Louisiana at Lafayette continued to mine a couple of recruiting nuggets that have been as good as gold -- the state of Texas and the junior college ranks.

ULL added its fifth commitment from a Texas prep prospect when defensive tackle Chris Cutler (6-foot-3, 285 pounds) of Grand Prairie (South Grand Prairie High) chose the Cajuns over Tulsa and North Texas.

"They did a great job of recruiting him," South Grand Prairie coach David Fisher said. "(ULL assistant) Coach (Gary) Bartel is a Grand Prairie graduate and he did a great job with Chris throughout the whole process. They were his first visit and he liked it so much he committed. He's just a great kid . a great role model for others on the team."

The Ragin' Cajuns, who have already signed six junior college players, have reportedly added their third junior college commitment in defensive tackle Ken Haynes (6-4, 275) of Southwest (Miss.) JC.

Cutler, an academic qualifier with a ACT score of 27, started for two years at South Grand Prairie after moving from San Diego. He played defensive end and earned All-District 8-5A honors as a senior with 40 tackles, six sacks and four passes knocked down.

Fisher said Cutler is a rare combination of size, strength and speed. Cutler has benched 300 pounds, power-cleaned 345 and squatted 500.

"There are not many defensive lineman that can do that, run 4.95 in the 40 with a 30-inch vertical leap," Fisher said. "He's quick and has great feet.

"He's played only on the defensive line for us, but he's also capable of playing offensive line as well."

Chalk one up to the underdog

By: Jeremy Crabtree
    Date: January 23, 2003

Arlington (Texas) Sam Houston quarterback Devin Williams had some major offers throughout the recruiting process, so it's time to chalk one up to the underdog.

"Devin's going to Louisiana-Lafayette," said Sam Houston coach Kenny Perry.

"He helped us become a team that has gone from winning just a few games a year to becoming a playoff quality team. They are a program that's trying to rise up to a high level of play.

"Devin sees a lot of the same things there that he saw here at Sam Houston."

"Plus, the Louisiana-Lafayette coaching staff coached Mike Vick at Virginia and they said they see a lot of the same things in Devin as they did in him."

They could be right.

Williams is a 6-foot-4, 210-pound dual-threat prospect that is ranked as the nation's No. 11 ranked player at his position.

UL Football Abdule Levier??

Does anybody have any stats on him?

13. Default

Excellent.

Witness the dismantling of a bogus post like only, Crowley Cajun, can.

UL Football 2003 Signees & commitments

Michael Adams, DB, 6-0, 175, Dallas, Texas-Kimball
    Levi DeJohnnette, WR, 5-10, 175, Bastrop-Bastrop
    Dwain Bannister, QB, 6-1, 200, Marreo-John Ehert
    Paul Eli, DT, 6-4, 240, Natchitoches-Natchitoches Central
    Lamar Morgan, FS, 6-2, 195, Copperas Cove, Texas-Copperas Cove
    Jordan Jackson, WR, 6-6, 200, Bunkie-Bunkie
    Devin Williams, QB, 6-4, 210, Sam Houston, Texas-Arlington
    Abdule Levier, RB, 5-11, 200, Port Barre-Port Barre
    Chad Beck, TE, 6-4, 226, Woodville, Texas-Woodville
    Chris Clark, OL, 6-6, 270, New Orleans-McDonogh 35
    Chris Cutler, DT, 6-3, 275, Grand Prairie, Texas-South Grand Prairie
    Travis Ferguson, DT, 6-2, 280, Dallas, Texas-Skyline
    Tre’ Green, LB, 6-2, 220, Bastrop-Bastrop
    Jason Guidry, DE, 6-3, 220, Port Arthur, Texas-Memorial
    Jarrett Jones, DB, 6-0, 185, New Orleans-Edna Karr
    Fernandez Kingsby, DB-RB, 5-11, 175, Haynesville-Haynesville
    Zack Leger, OL, 6-4, 275, Baton Rouge-Bishop Sullivan
    Mark Risher, DE-LB, 6-2, 215, Lafayette-St. Thomas More
    Will Chance, OT, 6-3, 290, Cecilia-Cecilia
    Brandon Cox, OL, 6-8, 295, Irving, Texas-Nimitz
    Rashon Brown, LB, 6-3, 215, Shreveport-Captain Shreve
    Jarvis Murchison, DB, 5-9, 175, Jasper, Texas-Jasper
    Darryl Blappert, DT, 6-6, 265, Slidell-St. Amant (Pearl River JC)
    Travis Cones, FB, 5-11, 220, Houston, Texas-St. Thomas (Navarro JC)
    Ed Fane, C, 6-3, 275, Orange, Calif.-Mater Dei (Orange Coast JC)
    Kemmie Lewis, WR, 6-2, 190, Collins, Miss.-Collins (Jones JC)
    Joseph Scott, LB, 6-3, 235, Hattiesburg, Miss.- (Pearl River JC)
    Ricky Thomas, DB, 6-0, 200, Junction City, Kan.-Junction City (Butler CC)
    Ceandris Brown, DB, 6-3, 205, Greenwood, Miss.-Greenwood (Miss. Delta JC)
    Antoine Spann, DB, 6-0, 185, Oceanside, Calif.-El Camino (Miss. Gulf Coast JC)
    Ken Haynes, DT, 6-4, 295, Tylertown, Miss.-Dexter (Southwest Miss. CC)
    George Benson, DL, 6-3, 285, Fresno Junior College

32 total new players so far. Blappert, Cones, Fane, Lewis, Scott, Thomas, Cox & Chance count toward last years scholarship totals.

15. Default

Originally posted by SwampFox
    Cutler, an academic qualifier with a ACT score of 27, started for two years at South Grand Prairie after moving from San Diego. He played defensive end and earned All-District 8-5A honors as a senior with 40 tackles, six sacks and four passes knocked down.

Fisher said Cutler is a rare combination of size, strength and speed. Cutler has benched 300 pounds, power-cleaned 345 and squatted 500.

"There are not many defensive lineman that can do that, run 4.95 in the 40 with a 30-inch vertical leap," Fisher said. "He's quick and has great feet.
    KeeeYaaw!!

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread Information