Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Louisiana's Recruiting

1. Default

G.W. must be doing well if he was awarded a scholarship. Or at least the prognosis must be good.

UL Football Jefferies Tatford?

height 6-foot-4
    weight 212 pounds
    40-yard dash 4.63 seconds

Has anyone heard anything on Tatford? Dandy Don has him as a lean toward us and I read his father played here as well. If he does play for us where would he most likely play, QB? WR? SS? I would love to see him in vermilion & white, we need that type of size & speed.

Default Speaking of STM.

are we recruiting this kid?

Chris Thompson WR

height 6-foot-2
    weight 190 pounds
    40-yard dash 4.47 seconds

4. Default Re: Jefferies Tatford?

Originally posted by SwampFox
    . I read his father played here as well.
    AthleticNetwork (Link found on UL History) shows a Leander "Lee" Tatford playing at/for Louisiana from 1973-1976

5. UL Football

Tatford "Lee" Leandor

Tackle 1973-1976

UL Football

I have been told that Brandon Cox will attend UL in January and will count towards this year's signing class. He re-took the test during the Fall and passed it, so he is a full qualifier and a true freshman for the Spring. The same source also said that 2003 OL recruit Will Chance will enroll & attend UL in this spring and to look for 4 or 5 more JC transfers in May, although I do not think he meant OL transfers. This is great news on Cox and Chance because they will get to go through spring practice and have a full summer in the weight room.

UL Football Zem's Gems on Cajun Recruiting so far

ULL is off to a fast start with double digit commitments up to this point. I see a trend in Ricky Bustle’s recruiting class. It appears the Cajuns are looking for immediate help in the offensive and defensive lines. I believe ULL has already signed at least four junior college players. I also think Bustle has expanded his recruiting base and will appear to lean heavily on players from Texas. I know I have seen ULL’s name associated with more Texas kids than usual. The Cajuns have not made a big splash in Louisiana as of yet, focusing more on good student-athletes who might stick with the program for four or five years and contribute after maturing. I believe in building the foundation with guys you know will be with you for four years, and then rolling the dice on a few difference makers. My opinion in the past has been the Cajuns had the philosophy backwards. It appears there is a new sheriff in town.

8. Default Re: Zem's Gems on Cajun Recruiting so far

My opinion in the past has been the Cajuns had the philosophy backwards. It appears there is a new sheriff in town.

I concur

It appears there is a new sheriff in town.

and I'am glad

another walk on that deserves to be on scholarship is Dwight Lindon, did he get one?

Kemmie Lewis WR
    6'0 180lbs
    Collins High School (MS)
    Jones County Junior College (MS)

New Cajun DT Darryl Blappert from Slidell is kneeling bottom left, former Cajun and new Ole Miss WR Donovan Morgan is kneeling bottom right. Picture taken after at the annual MACJC All-Star Game played at Northeast Mississippi JC in Booneville this year.
    Blappert (6-foot-7, 275 pounds) finished this past season with 59 total tackles sixth-best on the team including 16 solo stops and 43 assists. He also returned one of his two fumble recoveries for an 80-yard touchdown. He earned All-Region XXIII and All-State honors and was the recipient of his team's Defensive Lineman Award.

Originally posted by snote
    oh what the heck (sshh not wanting to scare away the red stick wr)
    kimmy lewis juco wr
    raginpagin.com .take your self a bow (smiles)

14. Default

Awesome finds there SwampFox.

Here is Kimmie Lewis after deciding on Louisiana (jk)

15. Default

Originally posted by snote
    raginpagin.com .take your self a bow (smiles)
    A bow in the snote direction of course. Hot on the trail since the middle of December.

Thanks to SwampFox who found the picture.

Kemmie Lewis WR
    6'0 180lbs
    Collins High School (MS)
    Jones County Junior College (MS)

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread Information