Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Louisiana's Recruiting

Blappert appears to be a great pickup in a desperately needed area. Way to geaux.

2. Default

Travis Ferguson

height 6-foot-1
    weight 275 pounds
    40-yd 5.09 seconds

Default Re: 2003 Football Verbal Commitments

Originally posted by SwampFox
    Zack Leger (OL 6-4, 280), Bishop Sullivan (Baton Rouge)

Marcus Ross (DB 5-11, 170), Sterling (Houston, TX)

Chad Beck (TE 6-4, 225), Woodville (Woodville, TX)

Mark Risher (LB 6-2, 215), St. Thomas More (Lafayette)

Jason Guidry (DE, 6-3, 230), Memorial (Port Arthur, TX)

Will Chance (OL, 6-3, 285), Cecilia (Cecilia, LA)

Trey Green, (SS/LB, 6-1, 215), Bastrop (Bastrop, LA)

Josh Lancaster, (LB, 6-2, 210), Heritage (Colleyville, TX)

Eddie McCray, (DE, 6-3, 225), Robert E. Lee (Baytown, TX)

Chris Clark, (OL, 6-6, 265), McDonough #35 (New Orleans, LA)

Antoine Spann, (DB, 6-0, 185), Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College

Darryl Blappert, (DT, 6-7, 275), Pearl River Junior College (Mississippi)

Joe Scott, (LB, 6-3, 235), Pearl River Junior College (Mississippi)

Travis Cones, (FB, 5'11 220), Navarro Junior College (Texas)

Ed Fann, (C, 6'3 275), Orange Coast Junior College (California)
    When do we get these guys to sign on the dotted line??

4. Default Re: Re: 2003 Football Verbal Commitments

Originally posted by NOCajun
    When do we get these guys to sign on the dotted line??

Ahh "National Signing Day," the first day that a high school recruit can actually sign their letter of intent. This year it is February 5th

Historically (for schools used to this type of thing) some guys get last minute gitters and change their mind from their non-binding oral committments. For others it is the formality that seals the deal from a handshake that may have taken place way back when UAB was in town.

5. What a Downer UL still piling up pledges

WILLIAM WEATHERS
    wweathers@theadvocate.com
    Advocate sportswriter

Louisiana, which has already signed five junior college prospects that will be a part of the team in the spring, received commitments from New Orleans-McDonogh 35 offensive guard Chris Clark (6-foot-5, 250) and Dallas-Skyline High's defensive tackle Travis Ferguson (6-2, 285).

Clark, a first-team All-District 8-5A selection as a senior, also received interest from San Jose State, UL-Monroe and McNeese State. His high school coach said he is academically qualified with a 3.9 grade point average.

"He likes computer science and they have what he wants," McDonogh 35 coach Wayne Reese said. "With what he wants out of school, they had the thing he wanted and he was happy."

Clark was a two-year starter for McDonogh 35 at guard and could project to play tackle in college because of his long arms and ability to add weight. He was also the district's shot put champion as a junior and also participated in the javelin and discus.

Ferguson's stock dropped in the eyes of some schools such as Texas A&M, TCU and Baylor after he suffered a broken ankle in Skyline's opening game of the season.

But Ferguson, his team's leader in tackles for loss and caused fumbles as a junior, repaid the loyalty shown to him by UL-Lafayette with his commitment after a weekend visit, Skyline assistant Derick Roberson said.

"They were the first one to offer him," Roberson said of Ferguson, who, according to Roberson, is academically qualified and ranks 44th in his senior class of more than 800 students. "And after the injury they stayed with him, while others schools dropped off of him. That left a lasting impression that they were committed to him regardless. In my opinion, they got a steal because the kids never takes a play off and is always going 100 percent."

The rest of the story

Do the JUCO's sign on the same day??

Originally posted by NOCajun
    Do the JUCO's sign on the same day??
    i feel very safe in guessing "no" i believe the thought process is that they sign ( right now) and start school this next semester and practice this spring, which then allows their "scholarships" (sp?) to be counted in last year's total (2002)

ps. this "rage page" should be the "linked" on the official "gumbo page" if any "fan's" web pages should be.

pss. just a guess, although i am thinking this site will "constantly" have the "newest" cajun football news on the internet.

UL Football OL 2003 Recruits

Zack Leger (OL 6-4, 280), Bishop Sullivan (Baton Rouge)

Will Chance (OL, 6-3, 285), Cecilia (Cecilia, LA)

Chris Clark, (OL, 6-6, 265), McDonough #35 (New Orleans, LA)

Ed Fann, (C, 6'3 275), Orange Coast Junior College (California)

4 out of our 6 signees/commitments on offense so far are on the OL. We will run the ball better next season.

P.S. Add in Brandon Cox from last year's class, 6'7" 300 plus pounds

The series of posts on where each recruit fits in is the best I have seen in a while. Thanks SwampFox. Counting the redshirt that is an average of 281 pounds where UL needs it most, the Offensive Line

Chuck, if these numbers are not too inflated (which they sometimes are) then all these guys have a realistic shot at weighing 300lbs or better before next season. It will take a lot of work in the weight room but that is where they need to be anyway.

11. Default

Junior College players are a must when you have so many seniors.

The JC players will have the biggest impact on whether or not we have a successful season in 2003.

jmo

Ragin' Cajuns

I see Bustle brought in a FB. How important is the fullback position in Bustle's offense? Also, what kind of defense do you think Bustle will use next year, and how do you see these new recruits fitting in? Any freshman that redshirted last year poised to make an impact?

UL Football Some info on Travis Cones

http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=8.c=1&nid=457637
    Here's a little info on Travis Cones. This prospect database seems to think pretty highly of him. Sounds like a great get!

Ragin' Cajuns YO TURBINE!!

MAN!!! I set up the picture of Cypress Swamp on my laptop, and it looks AWESOME!!! Thanks for putting that picture up!! Cypress Swamp has always been one of my favorite places on campus. Now, even though I'm not living in Lafayette anymore, I can check out the Swamp anytime I want!! THANKS AGAIN!!

There are some players that were RS, that will be able to help out the team in 2003. LB Mack Fair 6'1 215 is going to be a big help in the backer position because of his good speed. DE Tony Hills 6'4 225 will be able to add depth a Dline, he had some very good develpoment take place in the weight room. QB Jerry Babb 6'2 215 will be competing for the job with Jon VanCheese in the spring. FB Anthony Prater 6'1 225 who from what I hear could have started as a True FR, he is a big athltic kid. S David Prater 5'11 205 who is a transfer from last spring that had to RS, is suppose to be a a very good athlete. RB Ross Rix 5'9 205 should push for some competition at the RB spothe hs very good power. Last but not least WR/DB Jarvis Murchinson who is suppose to be the fastest guy on the team 4.2 will be eligable to compete in 2003. These are some of the guys that I hav head of that the coaches are expecting big things out of. If anyone knows anything else on any of them feel free to respond. GEAUX CAJUNS 2003

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information