Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Louisiana's Recruiting

1. Default Re: What type of QB will Bustle recruit?

Originally posted by ISUCajunfan
    Does anyone know how Babb looked throughout the year during practices?
    I saw a few practices, Babb ran the scout team, and each week was asked to do something a little different.

Of course right now we are talking potential. But I think he has the potential to be one of the most exciting players in the SunBelt for the next four years.

Overall he is an outstanding talent with a very good arm. Jerry has a quick release and can get the football to virtually any part of the field. If the pass isn't open he can be equally as dangerous as a runner.

UL Football Football visitors this weekend?

Anybody know of any football players visiting this weekend? While any of the already committed guys be visiting this weekend?

Default Re: Football visitors this weekend?

Originally posted by ISUCajunfan
    Anybody know of any football players visiting this weekend? While any of the already committed guys be visiting this weekend?
    12 visiting coach couldn't wouldn't say who.

4. UL Football Louisiana gets 8th commitment

KATC TV3 Louisiana-La reports that the Ragin Cajuns have recieved an 8th verbal commitment in football.

Joe Scott, a 6'3", 235lb.
    Linebacker
    Pearl River Junior College

According to reports Jon Scott has verbally committed to the Cajuns.

Mr. Scott is deemed one of the best southern U.S. Junior College linebackers available for the early signing period when Junior College players are counted against last years total

UL Football 2003 Football Verbal Commitments

Updated 01/29/03

Paul Eli, DT, 6-4, 240, Natchitoches (Natchitoches Central)

Lamar Morgan, FS, 6-2, 195, Copperas Cove, Texas-Copperas Cove

Jordan Jackson, WR, 6-6, 200, Bunkie-Bunkie

Abdule Levier, RB, 5-11, 200, Port Barre-Port Barre

Devin Williams, QB, 6-4, 210, Sam Houston, Texas-Arlington

Chad Beck, TE, 6-4, 226, Woodville, Texas-Woodville

Chris Clark, OL, 6-6, 270, New Orleans-McDonogh 35

Chris Cutler, DT, 6-3, 275, Grand Prairie, Texas-South Grand Prairie

Travis Ferguson, DT, 6-2, 280, Dallas, Texas-Skyline

Tre’ Green, LB, 6-2, 220, Bastrop-Bastrop

Jason Guidry, DE, 6-3, 220, Port Arthur, Texas-Memorial

Jarrett Jones, DB, 6-0, 185, New Orleans-Edna Karr

Fernandez Kingsby, DB-RB, 5-11, 175, Haynesville-Haynesville

Zack Leger, OL, 6-4, 275, Baton Rouge-Bishop Sullivan

Mark Risher, DE-LB, 6-2, 215, Lafayette-St. Thomas More

High school commitments already enrolled

Will Chance, OT, 6-3, 290, Cecilia-Cecilia

Brandon Cox, OL, 6-8, 295, Irving, Texas-Nimitz

Previously-signed players (Eligible Fall)

Rashon Brown, LB, 6-3, 215, Shreveport-Captain Shreve

Jarvis Murchison, DB, 5-9, 175, Jasper, Texas-Jasper

uNfReAkIng BELIEVABLE coach Bustle is AWESOME !!!!

Eddie McCray. tell us all what you know about him

then again also looking for things like of all the guys rickey brought in this year in the first semester.the average gpa is 2.2 and the average hours passed amongst them was 13 hours and yes the sunbelt first team "scout team" player led the way in the classroom also

UL Football I'll try this again, Visitors this weekend?

Anybody know of any visitors this weekend? Seems like Bustle has it rolling as far as recruiting is concerned? Any idea of who's coming in this weekend? On a side note, does anyone know who his top Juco prospects are? I see Joseph Scott committed does anyone have any info about him?

9. Default

Originally posted by snote
    of all the guys rickey brought in this year in the first semester.the average gpa is 2.5 and the average hours passed amongst them was 13 hours and yes the sunbelt first team "scout team" player led the way in the classroom also
    Jerry Babb's mom is an educator I am not surprised, that he led the way in the classroom.

I overheard a conversation between coach Bustle and Ross Brupbacher the elder. With recruits grades are the first thing he looks at.

This would be the initial crop you are speaking of:
    Jerry Babb, QB
    Rashon Brown, LB
    Brandon Cox, OL
    Mack Fair, LB
    Johnny Felders, DB
    Terryl Fenton, DB
    Josh Harrison, WR
    Chester Johnson, RB
    Anthony Hills, DE
    Jarvis Murchisson, DB
    Michael Peterson, LB
    Eric Rekieta, QB (JC Transfer)
    Ross Rix, RB
    Tyler Wheeler, WR

Eddie McCray.
    DE 6' 3" 224 lbs
    Baytown, Tx
    Robert E Lee (Ganders) High School

11. Default

Yahoo Eddie McCray is UL's latest committment.

6-3,225 DE

Robert E. Lee's head coach Dick Olin’s loves the passing attack but in the article linked above he singled out Eddie McCray for his fine play at defensive end.

12. Default McCray becomes Cajuns' ninth commitment

Advertisers-Dan McDonald / Staff Writer

LAFAYETTE - Eddie McCray made only one trip to the Louisiana campus this year, but that was enough to convince him to become part of the Ragin' Cajun football program.

The product of Baytown, Texas, and Lee High School gave the Cajun squad a verbal commitment to sign with UL Lafayette this week, becoming the Cajuns' ninth commitment of the recruiting period.

McCray, a 6-foot-3, 225-pound defensive end, visited the campus on Nov. 2 when UL hosted Idaho for Homecoming and took a rain-marred last-second 31-28 win.

"I really liked it," McCray said of that trip. "I took a tour of the area, and it seemed like the people were really nice. I talked to some of the players, and it felt like an environment that I'd be comfortable in."

The rest of the story

Looks like my Cajun's beat out my Cyclones for one. Congrats!

UL Football Why So Many Out Of State Recruits?

I know everyone is excited that Bustle has gotten a lot of early verbal commitments. What concerns me is that most are from out of state. In my opinion to build a good program the large majority of the recruits should be from in state. Out of state players seem to leave the program faster than in state players. In state players seem to stay and develop in their Soph., Jr. And sr. Years. If you remember when Archer and Hallman were recruiting a lot of out of state players LSU went downhill. I am interested in hearing what you think about UL's recruiting.

If I had to say a reason, with La Tech, LSU, and Tulane all in the state, it makes recruiting battles in a state with a population like ours that much tougher, when we can recruit players away from the likes of SMU and Houston. UL may not have had a great program over the years, but you cant really say in all honesty that SMU and Houston have had better histories then ours. Besides, recruiting out of other states proves you arent just focusing on the small area of your state. thats my take on it.

Tuffguy

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information