Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Louisiana's Recruiting

Thanks for that update, great information.

Below is a photo of UL signee Ed Fane, #63

Ragin' Cajuns

If there are any scholarships left over for mid year junior college transfers, will they be rolled over to the 2003 recruiting class? If they are how many scholarships are their left to give out?

3. Default

Originally posted by ISUCajunfan
    If there are any scholarships left over for mid year junior college transfers, will they be rolled over to the 2003 recruiting class? If they are how many scholarships are their left to give out?
    Can't

The reason there are 8 or so available for JC transfers is that Bustle only signed 17 (I think) last year.

Schools are limited to 25 recruits (I think) per year. So There are about 8 mid year JC scholarships to hand out. Actually it may be less than that since several of the walkons have been awarded scholarships.

I imagine the walkons could be given either the 2002 or the 2003 scholarship, but the JC is limited to the 2002 scholarship. Other than that there are 25, 2003 scholarships to give out.

UL Football Cajun recruits from Texas earn Post Season Honors

Ragin' Cajun recruit Josh Lancaster (6-2, 210) from Heritage High in Colleyville, TX was named the Defensive MVP for District 5-5A Texas All-District Team. Lancaster was also named to the first district team defense at the safety position. Fellow Cajun recruits DE Jason Guidry (6-3, 230, Memorial High, Port Arthur) and DE Eddie McCray (6-3, 225, Robert E. Lee, Baytown) were named 1st team All-District 22-5A. TE Chad Beck (6-4, 225, Woodville) was also named first team All-District 20-3A. Cajun recruit Marcus Ross (6-0, 170, Sterling High, Houston) played in District 22-4A which has not yet released their All-District Team.

UL Football Louisiana Player rankings

For those who enjoy reading this type of thing, below is each in-state recruit we have as a Verbal Commitment so far. The first number beside their name is their ranking on Zems Gems the second number is their ranking by Dandy Don. If you see NR, that means they were not ranked by that particular person. Please remember to take these rankings with a grain of salt.

Zack Leger, OL, 48, 58
    Mark Risher, LB, 74, 78
    Will Chance, OL, 104, 142
    Chris Clark, OL, 128, NR
    Trey Green, DB, NR, NR

Turbine,

Which walk-ons were given scholarships?

7. Default

Originally posted by SwampFox
    Which walk-ons were given scholarships?
    The one of which I am sure of, is Sean Comiskey, the freshman kicker. There may be more I just don't know.

I can't remember their names but you posted pictures before the season started of a QB (not Babb), Babb and a center doing some drills Bordelon? may have been his name. Thought those 2 may have been who you were talking about. I forgot about Comiskey.

NCAA

Chad Bordelon was a walk on at center from Terlings last year, I believe he was hurt during practice, but should be OK now. Anyone know anything about the Peterson kid (from I believe West Monroe) who was red shirted last year? I heard he was awsome. I think he was the last one to sign and Bustle was really pumped when he did.

10. Default

Correct me if I am wrong RedBug58 (or anyone) but if you sign you were given a scholarship right? I also don't know if Bordelon was given a scholarship?

If there is one thing I know it is that Bordelon is a walk on and will probally never see a scholarship, he is maybe 6' and is barley 260. I hear he is a good kid but will never really play he is just undersized, he will be a scout team player at D1. Peterson never even played for the CAJUNS he went home in the summer because of a girl so he will not be at UL.

GEAUX CAJUNS

12. Default

Originally posted by USLfan88
    Bordelon is a walk on and will probally never see a scholarship, he is maybe 6' and is barley 260.
    That is size enough for several positions. I wonder is he slow as well? Otherwise a lot of hard work can do wnders . . .

Originally posted by Turbine
    The one of which I am sure of, is Sean Comiskey, the freshman kicker. There may be more I just don't know.
    gw rudick (still no mention of kimmy lewis smiling)

Louisiana

Does anyone know how G. W. Rudick is currently doing??? I haven't heard much in the last few weeks.

That is a good question, last I heard was several weeks ago when he was still in the hospital. Surely he is out by now and hopefully doing well.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread Information