Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28

Thread: The Book: 2003 Louisiana's Recruiting

That's GURATE!

I agree Chuck!

3. Default

If it starts in the trenches-as they say-then Louisiana is fortified with another trench monster.

It's looking good.

Can you say 1000 yard rusher?

4. Default Cajuns sign lineman

LAFAYETTE — Make that 32 signees for Louisiana’s football program.

The Cajuns have added another junior college signee in 6-foot-4, 295-pound offensive lineman Adrian Limbrick of City College of San Francisco, giving the Cajuns five offensive line signees.

Limbrick also is the Cajuns’ 12th junior college signee, a number the San Diego, Calif., native was excited about.

“That means we’re going to have an impact immediately,” said Limbrick, who helped lead City College to a national junior college crown as a freshman in 2001. “My whole goal is to win at whatever I’m doing, and that’s what we’re going to do. If we’ve got a lot of juco players, we’ll have a lot of players ready to come in and play.”

Limbrick was a two-year starter for the San Francisco squad of coach George Rush, and his team compiled a 9-2 record this year and lost in the Northern California Conference championship game to Butte. His team had won the league title in his freshman season en route to a national title.

Limbrick visited Louisiana's campus three days after national signing day.

“Talking to the coaches was what convinced me,” he said. “If I never took a visit and just talked to the coaches, I still would have signed. They were honest with me, kept it up front and showed interest in me as a player and as a person.”

The Cajuns have 20 high school signees and the 12 juco signees for next season. However, eight of the signees — two prep and six juco — are already enrolled for the spring semester and count against last year’s total. That leaves Louisiana with 24 signees counting this year, one under the NCAA maximum 25 per year.

The source of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@lafayette.gannett.com

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28

Thread Information