Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Louisiana's Recruiting

Will the freshmen be redshirted or are some needed to play?

Originally posted by Chuck
    Thats a lot of first year players. The monster has a lot of teaching to do.
    Not as much as you would think with JUCOs. And considering it was a new system for EVERYBODY last year, I'd say his teaching load has greatly diminished!

UL Football Recruiting News

USM has offered STM QB Jeff Tadford and would allow him to play baseball.It's now down the UL or USM.Copperas Cove DB Lamar Morgan is supposed to announce his choice today.It is between Georgia Tech,Houston and UL.Glenn Sins coached verified today that he is still committed to ULM,becareful what you read.Euless Trinity DL Ryan McBean is still looking at Colorado St.,UL and Kansas.Still no word on WR James Jordan other then Tech has offered him.Should be interesting to see the visit list for this weekend.

Great info Guru, keep it coming.

UL Football

Looks like a lot of players. Any opinion of how this class stacks up against classes of the past? Could this possibly be the absolute best in the history of UL??

based on potential, yes I would say the best to date. However, we all know only time will tell.

7. People

Originally posted by RedBug58
    Any opinion of how this class stacks up against classes of the past? Could this possibly be the absolute best in the history of UL??
    Thanks to some excellent detective work by SwampFox I can direct you to some source material to help find the answer.

Louisiana's last 5 recruiting classes

Default Wow

39, thats what i counted, 39 people overall that signed with UL and didnt play, Jerry Baldwin really took this program in the right way.YEA RIGHT!!

Tuffguy

So far Coach Bustle has 2, Michael Peterson the LB from West Monroe who went home before the fall drills were over and I just learned that Tyler Wheeler has transfered to Southeastern Louisiana. Also, we are waiting to see if Rashon Brown & Jarvis Murchisson can keep their grades in good enough shape to play in the fall. 39 for Baldwin, I think that speaks for itself

Default when the trial comes

When the trial comes, Id use that as evidence. If thats his idea of putting a program in a place to win, then i wonder what the losers do?

Tuffguy

Actually after taking a look I think the numbers are 28 out of 71 of Baldwin's recruits (years 1999, 2000, 2001) did not finish their time with the program. I think there are about 5 more but this is (28) is about right. Just today I learned that Baldwin recruits Trey Randall, Tenel Curtis and Kerone Dixon have transfered.

UL Football

Actually,if you count the athletes that never made it into school,it's over 40.Atrition has a bad effect on a program.

I'd rather not harp on Baldwin, there is too much good going on to waste time on that. What I see is a large number of recruits and a lot of excitement. I have never been this interested in recruiting. Having said that, how does this class compare in quality to say.some of Stokley's best classes??

USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998)

In 1988 Stokley had a good one based on potential, 27 of 28 were high schoolers…
    · Louis Age, a very huge offensive lineman from St Aug in NO who went on to start in the NFL [drafted by Chicago]
    · James Atkins, 6’6” defensive end, who was an all state basketball player in high school in Amite… He played 7 seasons in the NFL on offense.
    · Reggie Austin, a RB from Opelousas that was honorable-mention all-state, and an all American in Track.
    · Wayde Butler a former quarterback from Beaumont, brought in to play defensive back, finished his career with the Cajuns owning just about every important receiving record there was… earned a Grey Cup with Edminton in Canada.
    · Donald Collins, a running back from Houma, became an opportunistic DB and earned the name “THE HIT MAN.”
    · James Freeman, quarterback and safety from Ville Platte, all district and all parish at both positions… threw for 1700 yards and 20 his senior season.
    · Jeff Elmore a RB/WR from STM who ran a 4.2 40.
    · Terrance Ross, an all-state linebacker from Houma, had an excellent career as a Cajun.
    · Curtis Spears, a rare All-State selection on offense and defense from Amite, likely the big prize of the class on signing day.
    · Troy Tauriac, whose career ended suddenly on the field, came in as a RB with a resume that included 2500 yards and 42 touchdowns. He was an academic all state honoree and at his high school in New Iberia, he was the student council president.
    · Keenan Thomas was an honorable mention all state running back from Thibodaux.
    · Roderick Tripp was a first team all-state OL from Greensboro, GA.
    Other recruits included:
    Scott Crecelius OL Spring TX, Allen Delaune OL LaRose, LA, Tim Delhomme WR Breaux Bridge LA, Rodney Duhon DB Lake Charles LA, Sam Eager FB Mobile AL, Peter Hypolite CB Breaux Bridge LA, Adam Johnson OL BR LA, Jeff Keene DL Houston TX, Terrance Mathews NG Houma, LA, Anthony McDonald CB Houston, Bobby Mitchell DB Franklin, LA, Carter Shults TE DL Hammond, Eric Thomas LB Houston TX, Terry Washington NO LA, John Wolfe DB NO LA, Keith Zimmerman OL JUCO,

pirogue with that kind of information I wish you would post here more often.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 . LastLast

Thread Information