Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Louisiana's Recruiting

Hey Ragoo, who do we throw the ball at next season other than Fred Stamps? Thinking about it, it seems like our receivers dropped a lot of passes. I saw one of our littlist WRs drop a wide open TD pass. In all fairness he did come back in that same game and get a big reception over the middle. I'm wondering if the coaching staff has a cure for this dropittis? The Destin will volunteer to hit golf balls at the receivers, if they learn to catch them they can surely catch footballs. :o

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The Destin will volunteer to hit golf balls at the receivers, if they learn to catch them they can surely catch footballs. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After all it's only a pitching wedge punch from goal line to goal line, right Des?

Z.

Maybe Destin didn't have such a good idea. While distance is no problem, direction is. The receivers might have to go after balls in the parking lot, the press box, concession stands, etc.

Ragin' Cajuns

Originally posted by DestinCajun
    Maybe Destin didn't have such a good idea. While distance is no problem, direction is. The receivers might have to go after balls in the parking lot, the press box, concession stands, etc.
    The Big Des is still shankin' 'em, heh!??

UL Football

"The big ragoo has not heard anything about Tatford even visiting UL with the football team. The big ragoo has heard that Tatford has been offered basically a full ride in baseball at UL, and will be given the opportunity to play football if he desires."

Ragoo,Tadford has taken several unofficial visits already,as has Broussard.Neither really need to take an official visit.Tadford has been offered, the decision is his to make.As for Bannister,he and Holmes are much alike and can ply either WR or DB.They both have good speed and the Cajuns are short on WR's at this point.Morel is a good kid,but I think he is a level below either of those kid in ability.Just my opinion.How did Lamar Morgans visit go?

UL Football Williams Named All-Star MVP

Sam Houston star leads West to all-star win
    01/26/2003

By RICK KRETZSCHMAR / Special Contributor to The Dallas Morning News

NORTH RICHLAND HILLS – Devin Williams said he wanted to run more in the Coca-Cola High School Football All-Star Game on Saturday. Instead, Williams was asked to pass more.

Williams did that better than anyone.

Williams, an Arlington Sam Houston product, had 154 total yards in leading the West over the East, 17-7, before 500 spectators at the Birdville Fine Arts and Athletic Complex. Williams had 132 yards passing, including a 46-yard strike to Mansfield's Toney Coleman. This set up an 8-yard touchdown run by Williams that put the West up for good at 14-7 with 2:43 left in the third quarter.

Keller's Rob Park also had a good game, throwing for 116 yards, including a second-quarter 10-yard touchdown pass to Grand Prairie's Devin Lowery for the game's first points. Williams won Most Valuable Player honors, capping a big week for him. Williams orally committed to Louisiana-Lafayette on Wednesday.

Milton Hinnant / DMN
    Charlie Jefferson, a wide receiver for Denton Ryan, has the ball knocked away by Tommy Devereaux (right) of Duncanville.
    "Our plan was to throw because their defensive backs weren't that good," Williams said. "This is the best week of my life. I was relaxed. I wasn't trying to pick a school."

Both teams had to pass because neither ground game was effective. The West held the East to 10 rushing yards, while the West was held to 13 yards.

The West stymied the East's passing game in the second half with four interceptions. Denton's Lonzo Brice and Denton Ryan's Rashid Washington each had two interceptions.

"They were running slants and deep posts. We were ready for the deep posts each time," Brice said. "I've played with Rashid since we were in Pee Wee football. It's like family."

Duncanville's Erick Jackson and Plano East's Terrence Wheatley had interceptions for the East. This was the first time a winner was decided in this game, after last season's inaugural game ended in a 14-14 tie. Proceeds from the game benefit Big Brothers and Big Sisters of North Texas.

GAME SUMMARY

West—Devin Lowery 10 pass from Rob Park (Chris Manfredini kick)

East—Alex Woodley 3 run (Tristan Blagg kick)

West—Devin Williams 8 run (Manfredini kick)

West—Manfredini 22 FG

INDIVIDUAL LEADERS

Rushing: West—Devin Williams 10-22, Omarr Johnson 2-14, Kevin Lenford 2-6, Charlie Jefferson 1-5, Jordan Spence 2-4, Allan Stone 2-2, Phillip Daugherty 4-(-15), Rob Park 2-(-25). East—Vince Chukwukelu 4-11, Zach Paul 4-9, Damon Carruthers 1-8, Taylor Carter 9-3, Tommy Devereaux 1-(-1), Alex Woodley 4-(-2), Arnel Rolfe 7-(-18).

Passing: West—Devin Williams 6-11-0-132, Rob Park 10-14-0-116, Phillip Daugherty 1-9-2-12. East—Taylor Carter 7-22-3-103, Arnel Rolfe 4-10-1-51.

Receiving: West—Andrew Hansen 3-66, Toney Coleman 3-63, Devin Lowery 3-31, Anthony Alexander 2-56, Lonzo Brice 2-11, Charlie Jefferson 1-18, Jordan Spence 1-12, Victor Franco 1-8, Omarr Johnson 1-(-5). East—Tommy Devereaux 3-54, Bobby Chase 3-54, Ryan Gregg 2-18, Zach Paul 2-17, Derron Black 1-11.

7. UL Football What's left out there

The big ragoo thinks you will see Connor Morel commit to UL. With the commitment of Devin Williams, you will probably see a lot of kids (QBs) get scared off, or have second thoughts. The big ragoo doesn't know the 40 times of all these guys, most of which are bogus anyway and are hard to compare to one another, but supposedly Morel is a little bit shorter version of Jerry Babb, with decent burst and athleticism.

Broussard did make an official visit this weekend to UL, and will probably sign with LSU. UL might be back in on him if he is still a prop in May. Chances are you will see him not get eligible and LSU won't be able to take him. Then he'll enroll at UL and sit out his prop year. LSU will get their Top 10 recruiting class and we will get a great running back. Fair trade.

Tatford has not made an official football visit as of yet to UL. Again, the only word the big ragoo hears about him is the baseball deal. Not sure that the Cajuns will offer him a football scholarship, but he will be allowed by baseball to come out for football. The big ragoo could be wrong there, but that's what is being thrown around.

Bannister is supposedly coming in this next weekend. Not sure if there will be another scholarship for him if Morel commits though. Bannister wants to be a QB and he's getting action from some other I-A schools so he won't be around for long if we waver.

Holmes will be a prop and you might see the same deal with him as Broussard. Both will probably end up at UL, along with Jordan Jackson, and Paul Eli.

The Cajuns still need to sign a high school WR or two. We will be alright for the upcoming season with Stamps, Sampy and Bartel all having considerable game experience. Kemmie Lewis and Jarvis Murchisson add instant speed along with Lewis' experience. BJ Crist and Lanel Randolph also add quality back up. We seem to be okay there right now, but we really need to get some young WRs in the program for 2 years down the road.

8. Default Abdule Levier commits to Louisiana

I have it from a very good source that Abdule Levier has committed to coach Bustle to be a Ragin' Cajun.

Louisiana

Great news

UL Football posted by Turbine in another thread

(1/26/03)

Abdule Levier commits to Louisiana

I have it from a very good source that Abdule Levier has committed to coach Bustle to be a Ragin' Cajun.

That puts our total to 18 (scholarships) for this year's class. Only 7 left, who will get them

great find on the article Guru. Hope Williams plays as well for us

12. Default Re: Williams Named All-Star MVP

Original quote by Devin Williams
    "This is the best week of my life. I was relaxed. I wasn't trying to pick a school."

Default Acctually

You think of recruiting as getting our alotted 25, but in all acctuallity, bustle went over and out of his way. he already has 26 if you think about it, including the 8 that enrolled in the spring. He could possibly end up recruiting 33 players in one recruiting season. how much of a worker is he?

Tuffguy

Ragin' Cajuns

Originally posted by Tuffguy
    He could possibly end up recruiting 33 players in one recruiting season. how much of a worker is he?
    I call him a MONSTER recruiter!!!

It's official, as far as verbally committing to the Cajuns. Here's the link. Welcome aboard Abdule Levier!

http://www.theadvertiser.com/sports/.D834575D.shtml

Geaux Cajuns!!!!
    Hustle up and Bustle up!!!!

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . LastLast

Thread Information