Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Louisiana's Recruiting

UL Football Devin Williams

According to a report on Rivals, Devin Williams has committed to the Cajuns!

2. UL Football Bustle, staff hit final recruiting stretch

Advertiser-Dan McDonald

Louisiana coach Rickey Bustle and staff have put together an impressive recruiting class.

LAFAYETTE — Louisiana's football coaching staff has no intention of ending its recruiting season early.

But if the Cajun staff called a halt to its efforts right now — almost two weeks before the Feb. 5 national signing day — it would still be considered a successful recruiting season.

The season has already paid tangible benefits to the Ragin’ Cajun program, with eight new faces already enrolled for the university’s spring semester and slated to take part in spring drills with the returning members of the Louisiana squad.

That group includes six junior college players who were Cajun mid-term signees, and two high school players who, because of special circumstances, could enroll immediately and get a jump on their prep brethren.

“It’s a huge advantage for guys to be here in the spring,” said Cajun head coach Rickey Bustle earlier this month. “They get a chance to learn the system, and they get to know their teammates and start building chemistry with each other.”

The rest of the story

UL Football

Rivals100.com
    Rating
    Rivals100.com
    Position Rankings
    current: 11
    Devin Williams
    Arlington (TX)
    Sam Houston
    height 6-foot-4
    weight 210 pounds
    40-yard dash 4.6 seconds
    Bio Notes and Stats: Williams threw for more than 1,500 yards and 14 touchdowns as a junior. He also rushed for another 750 yards and 12 touchdowns Sam Houston’s wide opene spread offense.
    Has committed to Louisiana.

Anyone with a rivals subscription please copy and paste the article titled "Chalk one up for the underdog" on Devin Williams page

http://rivals100.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=9734

Brown must be a saftey at 6-3 205

Z,

It seems alot of schools are after McCray so if he has not changed his mind (and I have not heard anything saying he has) it will still be tough to keep him on board but I think we can. I seem to remember hearing he is visiting this weekend but could be wrong.

On a different note, it was good to see that

Rashon Brown, LB, 6-3, 215, Shreveport-Captain Shreve
    Jarvis Murchison, DB, 5-9, 175, Jasper, Texas-Jasper

are enrolled and may be eligible this fall. According to many, these two (along with Babb) were our best recruits last year.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Geeze, I hate losing these guys. Once we improve, I'm sure this will happen much less.

Good news about Murchison and Brown.

Thanks, Z.

From Zems Gems 1/23/03

ULL has found their quarterback.Devin Williams of Arlington Sam Houston has committed to the Cajuns.The 6'4 220 Williams commitment will fill a pressing need for backup quarterback help.

8. Default

According to HuskerConnection.com these schools showed interest in Delvin Williams.

9. Louisiana La
  10. Arkansas
  11. LSU
  12. Michigan State
  13. Missouri

HuskerConnection.com also stated:

"Delvin Williams of Arlington Sam Houston, Texas is one of the most athletic quarterbacks in the country. He has a gun for an arm and he can run on any play. He is a tremendous athlete, but he will be heavily recruited to play quarterback."

Delvin Williams of Arlington Sam Houston, Texas is one of the most athletic quarterbacks in the country. He has a gun for an arm and he can run on any play. He is a tremendous athlete, but he will be heavily recruited to play quarterback.

14. People

According to Dallas Morning News Devin is the 4th best quarterback in the State of Texas in a year where they are quarterback rich.

Considering all posititons combined he is ranked as the 51st best player overall in their "State Top 100"

15. UL Football Devin Williams, awesome baby

Devin Williams was also recruited by Kansas State and Utah super hard. The kid had a great visit here and is good enough to be our #2 QB if Rekeita can't come back.

Supposedly, Ken Haynes the JUCO DT might have committed as well.

UL Football

Devin Williams. Come on down! Man! I wish it was signing day today!

Geaux Cajuns!!!!
    Hustle up and Bustle up!!!!

Coach Bustle's staff deserves a round of applause. Here it is, 01/23/03, and we are excited about the upcoming season as if it will start tomorrow. Comparing this staff to the previous regime is like night and day. From secrecy to EXCITEMENT! In Bustle's first year, I was looking for an attitude change in the team. I saw it. This year, I was looking at what kids, that major programs would go after, would even consider us. I've seen it. If they sign and we have a good year, it surpasses this year's expectations for me. Man! it's great to be a Cajun!

Oh, by the way
    The Superbowl is this weekend. Just a note.

Geaux Cajuns!!!!
    Hustle up and Bustle up!!!!

Originally posted by Crowley Cajun
    I wish it was signing day today!

ME TOO

Originally posted by Crowley Cajun
    Oh, by the wayThe Superbowl is this weekend. Just a note.
    it's called a "sportsnote" (smiles)
    radio

20. Ragin' Cajuns

I stumbled across this little board because I follow the ragin cajuns over here in Texas.I've been around football my whole life, and reading this BS about some of these players just cracks me up. First off that ole boy travis from navaro is a good kid.i've seen him in person quite a few times in juco games,I watch all the navvaro games being an alumni, and his actual size is 5-10 215.is he supposed to be some big time fullback at D1 level???any johhny no-name can rush for 1500 yards in a texas private school leauge.thats like playing in louisiana 1A ball.I just like to read some accurate information about our recruits.I want to know whats going on I want to be watching that New Orleans bowl this year.

Geaux Cajuns

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread Information