Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Louisiana's Recruiting

heard on katc tonight that jarret jones (I think that is right) committed to us today.

2. Default

That is great news, but I heard it first from SwampFox

3. What a Downer Karr’s Jones opts for Cajuns

Advertiser-Dan McDonald

LAFAYETTE — It only took one visit for Jarrett Jones to make up his mind about his football future.

The defensive back from Edna Karr in New Orleans issued a verbal commitment to UL Lafayette on Tuesday, giving coach Rickey Bustle his 12th prep commitment of the recruiting season.

“They expressed a lot of interest in me right from the start,” said the six-foot, 185-pounder. “But I made my main decision during my visit. Everybody there talked about what was upcoming in the program, and it seemed like it fit me really well.”

The rest of the story

Originally posted by California Cajun
    I just want to please everybody
    I wouldn't worry about that, because it'll never happen.

Just stick with what you've got. If it gets boring, change it every now and then. Most people rarely look at the center of the start page anyway, they just click one of the message threads on the left.

Default Re: Not picking but .

Originally posted by the big ragoo
    He can say whatever he likes about McNeese vs UL, but it's probably all sour grapes on his part.
    Thank you for making the distinction because the news probably made the propagandists to the east and west very happy.

Ain't facts a bee-otch?

UL Football

Hey thanks Ragoo,I don't know why I thought his name was CC Davis.I knew he was from Miss.Delta JC.Anyway,I stand corrected.As for James Jordan,I think his comments are an indication of what many kids feel about the UL program.Until we start winning,the preception of UL in Louisiana will be of a losing program.I agree about McNeese's pressbox,I don't agree about their stadium.While it maybe full,it's not as nice as Cajun Field.Also,Tech has gone to two bowls recently,and their facilities are not any better then ours.The first step is to get scholarships endowed,that way you don't use funds out of your Athletic Budget.The second step is to get the multi-sports complex built,with offices,weightroom and locker-rooms.The third step is to build in indoor practice facility for football,baseball and softball.If we can get theses projects completed in the next few years,it will be a good start.

7. UL Football Guru da man

Guru,

You're surpising the big ragoo every day with all these tidbits. Now you're speaking the big ragoo's language with endowed scholarships. The big ragoo didn't think that many people knew what those were around here. You know in the Ivy League even the coaches salaries are paid for by endowments. It's funny to see the "James E. Thornhardt III family fund head football coach Joe Blow". That would be cool.

UL Football Re: Guru da man

Originally posted by the big ragoo
    Guru,

You're surpising the big ragoo every day with all these tidbits. Now you're speaking the big ragoo's language with endowed scholarships. The big ragoo didn't think that many people knew what those were around here. You know in the Ivy League even the coaches salaries are paid for by endowments. It's funny to see the "James E. Thornhardt III family fund head football coach Joe Blow". That would be cool.
    Ragoo, this was a big priority when Bustle came in, Jake Delhomne was at the recruiting party last year and kicked off the big pursh for those endowed scholarships. Our goal is 25 million, I chiped in my share last year. First coach wants the summers endowed so we can have the kids in school getting their hours, and grades along with the summer weight programs.

9. UL Football How can I put my $$$ where my big fat mouth is?

Guru,

Bustle does not joke around with that summer school money. The big ragoo has heard stories about guys who have screwed around during the Fall and Spring with their grades, not getting their summer school paid for. Bustle has forced some of these guys to pay their own way through summer school if they've screwed around during the academic year. Bustle will only let you go to summer school on his nickel if you've made some progress through the year. That way we're holding guys accountable for going to class and getting their hours.

How can people donate to this endowed scholarship fund?

Default Cutler Commits to Cajuns

The Cajun staff recieved another commitment in S.Grand Prairie High DT Chris Cutler.The 6-3,280 Cutler was second team 8-5A All District in Texas.

11. UL Football You sneaky .

Guru,

You're sliding them by the big ragoo left and right now.

You and Turbine keep the big ragoo's head spinning. Fight the power baby!

12. Default

Thanks, SwampFox, you have the best ongoing compilation of Louisiana commitments on the web.

with alot of help from my friends

Ragin' Cajuns

"You can also sign "midyear replacements" (JUCO kids or eary graduating high schools seniors) which count towards your next academic year counters."
    I believe the mid year JC signees count on the current years class (2002) providing they graduate from JC.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Ragoo, Guru, anyone????? Do we still have the McCray kid from Baytown??

The UH board says he committed to the Cougs on the 19th.

Any word?

Thanks, Z.:confused:

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread Information