Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2003 Louisiana's Recruiting

1. Default Travis Cones

Originally posted by ISUCajunfan
    http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=8.c=1&nid=457637
    Here's a little info on Travis Cones. This prospect database seems to think pretty highly of him. Sounds like a great get!

Travis Cones (5-11, 225, 4.44) of Navarro College, Texas is a brusing fullback who can play fullback, tailback, or tight end. He played high school football at Houston St Thomas. As a senior, he rushed for 1,263-yards and scored 9 touchdowns. He has a lot of tremendous upside potential.

4th fastest time at the Texas combines.

also the TE Pete Putnam who went home after a few days last year.

3. UL Football Recruits visiting this weekend (17th)

The big ragoo was wrong on one of the names of the recruits visiting this weekend. The following recruits showed up on Friday and will be at the basketball game tonight (the big ragoo will make an appearance as well, wearing something to show off my girlish figure).

QB-Devin Williams
    DB-Torres Kingsby (committed today)
    RB-Adbule LeVier
    LB-Tre Green (already committed)
    DT-Ken Hayes (SW Miss JUCO)
    DT-Chris Cutler
    WR-Jordan Jackson
    DB-Jarret Jones (not Derrick Jones, the WR/DB from Texas)

4. UL Football JUCO DBs

I haven't heard of any more commitments out of Navarro, but that doesn't mean there aren't any. We'll have to see on those guys. I do know that the Cajuns will sign CC Brown, a DB from one of the Mississippi JUCOs. I don't know if people are counting him as a commitment or not, but he is committed to the Cajuns. He visited the same week as Blappert, Scott, Fane, Lewis, Spann and the rest of those guys.

5. UL Football Paul Eli

He's a DL from a local school, I forget the name.

6. Default

A mistake? Just when I was beginning to think you weren't human.

Thanks for the great info.

Default Re: Recruits visiting this weekend (17th)

Originally posted by the big ragoo
    DB-Torres Kingsby (committed today)
    committed to us? is so tell us about him.

8. People Recruiting weekend

Louisiana has at least 2 commitments from this weekend. The can't recall the names but I am sure they are on some of the other treads as recruits that are visiting.

9. A Defensive Back from Haynesville HS.
  10. A Running Back from Port Barre.

Does anyone know who these might be?

11. UL Football commitments

The big ragoo will keep his ear to the ground. It has been pretty quiet on Reinhardt Drive this weekend.

If you are right with the schools it sounds like Levier and Kingsby. I heard that Kingsby was committing, I will try to find out definitely.

UL Football

You are correct Ragoo,if they have committed.Abdule Levier is from Port Barre High and Kingsby is from Haynesville High.If those are the schools,then they are the athletes.

Ragoo,what are the other schools recruiting Cutler and Ryan McBean?I hope we can land both those kids or at least one and another DL from La.

Also,most of the DB's from Texas are CB types,are there any other safety type backs beside Lamar Morgan that we are recruiting in Texas?

I am hearing that Kingsby & Levier did commit and that Jones (the DB from Karr HS) was close to committing. Willams & Haynes had great visits and that Haynes is expected to commit sometime this week

You guys amaze me, so thanks. Compared to Baldwin having coach Bustle is like going from papyrus scrolls to mainframe computers in the Library of Congress.

Originally posted by CajunCall
    Compared to Baldwin having coach Bustle is like going from papyrus scrolls to mainframe computers in the Library of Congress.
    Well said and true.

16. People Clark still getting calls, still committed to Cajuns

Advertiser-Dan McDonald

LAFAYETTE - Chris Clark's phone still rings regularly.

Even though the 6-foot-5, 255-pounder from New Orleans issued a verbal commitment to Louisiana in December, other schools have continued to call the McDonogh 35 standout.

"LSU wants me to play defensive end," Clark said. "Southern Miss wanted me to play offensive tackle. Nevada recruited me as a defensive tackle. Tulane, La. Tech and San Jose State recruited me for defense, but a couple of them said that I could also play offense."

The calls and the position options say something for the talents of Clark, who started both ways for the Roneagles. He played more offense than defense as a senior, but even on offense he was a versatile performer.

"I played tackle on passing plays because I had quick feet," Clark said, "but on running plays I'd play guard. I just played where the coaches told me to."

Clark, one of 11 prep commitments to the Ragin' Cajuns and academically qualified with a 3.8 GPA and a 17 ACT score, played offense in the Orleans-Jefferson All-Star Game, but was an All-District 8-5A selection on defense for the 3-7 McDonogh 35 squad of first-year coach Wayne Reese.

The rest of the story

Originally posted by CajunCall
    With JVC retiring is there an extra scholarship to give?
    There will be an extra one available, however, we can't give any more this year than the normal 25.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread Information