Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 100 College Football Previews: No. 93 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Only us and ASU remain unaccounted for in the Sun Belt [South Alabama is in transition and not rated]. On our schedule Tulane is in at # 116, Lamar and USA are unrated and OSU and UF are likely quite a few notches up the ladder from #70. So far this poll [assuming we beat everyone rated below us] is predicting at least a 9 win season. I'll take it.
    I have been a UL Ragin Cajun fan all my life. I have waited for the day we would be in a bowl game, winning season, and for it to continue. Fellas I think we are on to something great!!! I will enjoy this ride!!!!! Geaux Cajuns!!!

Default Re: 100 in 100 College Football Previews: No. 93 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Awesome picture. They have our VP crew all over that pic.
    Dang! The writer chose the best crowd shot he could find.

Default Re: 100 in 100 College Football Previews: No. 93 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    As unspectacular as the teams ranked less the 80 generally are, I would have thought our record, bowl appearance and win, and Hudspeth's popularity that followed, would allow even a football sports media guy that doesn't do much research to conclude we're in the 70s as far as our next season potential. If you research it a little harder, you see that we just turned a program around, with a first year coach and staff, the support of a lot of true freshman and a rigorous strength and conditioning program. Your strength was your offence, of which you return a lot of the key people. You transfer in former SEC recruits to fortify your DL. and you get ranked "93"? I think this guy incorrectly fell back on the old perception of our old program.

I do agree with you that the only way we'll get the kind of respect that moves us up is to be a consistent winner, get to bowls, and have a nationally reported upset or two in the process. I'm definitely happy that we aren't "fighting" a bunch of other programs for the last 5 spots in the FBS. again.
    I agree with this assessment & think another repeat of a successfule year like last year will bring this program up at least another 20-30 notches on next year's reviews. For UL to get above that they will have to beat some quality out of conference opponents. This will alsofurther help national perception of the SBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I knew it! I just ordered 500 pitch forks and torches. We'll gather at sunset (the time of day, not the town), raid the castle, and take Scott (the AD, not the town) and string him up to the nearest tree branch (the part of the tree, not the town) and then waterboard (the torchure technique, not the fun sport) him until he admits he's a communist (the new American brand, not the old Russian/Chinese type).

Now that you mention Scott. the town not the AD. can we stop and get some boudin and cracklin for our trip?

5. UL Football Re: 100 in 100 College Football Previews: No. 93 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I agree with this assessment & think another repeat of a successfule year like last year will bring this program up at least another 20-30 notches on next year's reviews. For UL to get above that they will have to beat some quality out of conference opponents. This will alsofurther help national perception of the SBC.
    Troy got that love, rank, and wins for a while and it lasted about a month. We will have to do this every year like softball, and like USM does.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Now that you mention Scott. the town not the AD. can we stop and get some boudin and cracklin for our trip?
    Mais yeah. it's the official Boudin Capital of the World!!!

There's nothin like puttin a pop knot on a AD's head while you eatin some boudin!!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Troy got that love, rank, and wins for a while and it lasted about a month. We will have to do this every year like softball, and like USM does.
    True. true. One step at a time. There is no doubt that a mid major can have a few banner seasons and get noticed. but you slip back to the bottom of the pack. and all that buzz is basically forgotten by the outside world. Most larger school fans and the national media are chomping at the bit to see mid majors "go back to their rightful place".

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Like the Hornets draft lottery the Cajuns keep moving up the power chart in the Orlando Sentinental reviews. Still in the hunt, and can be no worst than number 70.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo.llege-football
    And today's is Tech at #69
    Keep on climbing

9. Default Re: 100 College Football Previews: No. 93 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

JUXTAPOSITION-----Can't wait to see the list compared~~~~ Interesting to see why any school to where!!!

Default Re: 100 College Football Previews: No. 93 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

I dont care what the article says. See you guys in New Orleans Dec 20th.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information