Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 100 College Football Previews: No. 93 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

Default Re: 100 in 100 College Football Previews: No. 93 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Every single one of these "preview" rankings is BS and not worth your time to read.
    Of course it's BS, but it's better than talking about uniforms or a band thread! Plus, we want to be perceived as "good". It's absolutely more important to "be good" but there is something to be said about how your team is seen. I would think most would agree to that. It's the expectation, and that builds excitement.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: 100 in 100 College Football Previews: No. 93 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Surprised no one caught this little gem:

"Early games against the Troy Trojans and Florida International are also winnable– while Tulane may present a challenge–and should help the Cajuns hit the ground running in preparation for their Sun Belt Conference opener in Denton."

^ This should tell you all you need to know about how much effort was put into our ranking. They didn't even bother to look up who was in our conference.
    No doubt. I just figured that since we were a bowl participant that actually won the game, some of these guys would try a little harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    No doubt. I just figured that since we were a bowl participant that actually won the game, some of these guys would try a little harder.
    It's the damn liberal news media. ;-)

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Of course it's BS, but it's better than talking about uniforms or a band thread! Plus, we want to be perceived as "good". It's absolutely more important to "be good" but there is something to be said about how your team is seen. I would think most would agree to that. It's the expectation, and that builds excitement.
    I'm with you. it isn't a "huge deal". but it is important that we get better pub than this. I also agree that with so little Cajun athletics to be cackling about, we might as well start the preseason football cackle. before we slide into slamming the band, slamming the colors, the hotwheel logo, the pepper, the name game, the concessions stands, the tailgate issues, the student section, Cayenne, the scoreboard, the condition of the Tigue, the horse farm sale, our management press miscues, the dirty bathrooms, the guy wearing the LSU gear, the uniform font, the tailgaters that don't go inside, the kids in the grass endzones, the PA announcer, the PA system, the people that stand during games, the people that sit during games, BandwagonKing, weekday home games for TV, the schedule, the missing plaque, the missing renditions of the modernized Cajun Field, not allowing someone on here on the track to jog anymore, the crummy fence around Cajun Field, the dust from the gravel. did I mention the band. well. you know. the other stuff we beeyotch about.

When are you inviting me over to christen your new swimming pool? I'll need to drink a lot of beer first. naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    It's the damn liberal news media. ;-)
    I knew you'd see it the way of the irrational juvenile detestables. you're just too dang intelligent not to.

I'm with you. it isn't a "huge deal". but it is important that we get better pub than this. I also agree that with so little Cajun athletics to be cackling about, we might as well start the preseason football cackle. before we slide into slamming the band, slamming the colors, the hotwheel logo, the pepper, the name game, the concessions stands, the tailgate issues, the student section, Cayenne, the scoreboard, the condition of the Tigue, the horse farm sale, our management press miscues, the dirty bathrooms, the guy wearing the LSU gear, the uniform font, the tailgaters that don't go inside, the kids in the grass endzones, the PA announcer, the PA system, the people that stand during games, the people that sit during games, BandwagonKing, weekday home games for TV, the schedule, the missing plaque, the missing renditions of the modernized Cajun Field, not allowing someone on here on the track to jog anymore, the crummy fence around Cajun Field, the dust from the gravel. did I mention the band. well. you know. the other stuff we beeyotch about.

When are you inviting me over to christen your new swimming pool? I'll need to drink a lot of beer first. naturally.
    The red trimming on the shoulder pads of the new uniforms looks pink from far away

Quote Originally Posted by Hooj_Cajun_Fan View Post
    The red trimming on the shoulder pads of the new uniforms looks pink from far away
    Ha. even though up close it's kind of a cool design pattern. it definitely looks like a faded red working toward pink from a distance. I think they should take them all in for a vermillion dye dip.

Damn, J1M! You just gutted our list of "summer talk" topics! Now what'll we talk about???

This is good stuff J1M. For the record though. The guy was very complimentary of UL. He just has very little knowledge of the SBC & even less respect for it in general. The only way to change this perception is to go out & beat a percieved BIG fish on your schedule. I would think OSU or Florida would be about right. Until then, UL fans should enjoy the praise in spite of the perception. It's sure as hell better than being picked to be dead last in the country, isn't it?

10. UL Football Re: 100 in 100 College Football Previews: No. 93 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

Like the Hornets draft lottery the Cajuns keep moving up the power chart in the Orlando Sentinental reviews. Still in the hunt, and can be no worst than number 70.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo.llege-football

I contacted "rant sports" about our low ranking. They said it is Scott Farmers fault.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    I contacted "rant sports" about our low ranking. They said it is Scott Farmers fault.
    I knew it! I just ordered 500 pitch forks and torches. We'll gather at sunset (the time of day, not the town), raid the castle, and take Scott (the AD, not the town) and string him up to the nearest tree branch (the part of the tree, not the town) and then waterboard (the torchure technique, not the fun sport) him until he admits he's a communist (the new American brand, not the old Russian/Chinese type).

I am interested to find out what Phil Steele has to say about us.the man picked us to tank last year if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    This is good stuff J1M. For the record though. The guy was very complimentary of UL. He just has very little knowledge of the SBC & even less respect for it in general. The only way to change this perception is to go out & beat a percieved BIG fish on your schedule. I would think OSU or Florida would be about right. Until then, UL fans should enjoy the praise in spite of the perception. It's sure as hell better than being picked to be dead last in the country, isn't it?
    As unspectacular as the teams ranked less the 80 generally are, I would have thought our record, bowl appearance and win, and Hudspeth's popularity that followed, would allow even a football sports media guy that doesn't do much research to conclude we're in the 70s as far as our next season potential. If you research it a little harder, you see that we just turned a program around, with a first year coach and staff, the support of a lot of true freshman and a rigorous strength and conditioning program. Your strength was your offence, of which you return a lot of the key people. You transfer in former SEC recruits to fortify your DL. and you get ranked "93"? I think this guy incorrectly fell back on the old perception of our old program.

I do agree with you that the only way we'll get the kind of respect that moves us up is to be a consistent winner, get to bowls, and have a nationally reported upset or two in the process. I'm definitely happy that we aren't "fighting" a bunch of other programs for the last 5 spots in the FBS. again.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 100 in 100 College Football Previews: No. 93 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Like the Hornets draft lottery the Cajuns keep moving up the power chart in the Orlando Sentinental reviews. Still in the hunt, and can be no worst than number 70.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo.llege-football
    Only us and ASU remain unaccounted for in the Sun Belt [South Alabama is in transition and not rated]. On our schedule Tulane is in at # 116, Lamar and USA are unrated and OSU and UF are likely quite a few notches up the ladder from #70. So far this poll [assuming we beat everyone rated below us] is predicting at least a 9 win season. I'll take it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information