Thread: Previewing the super regionals - USA Today

1. Default Previewing the super regionals - USA Today

Orgeron is the national leader in RBI and spearheads a Ragin Cajuns offense ranked first in scoring (8.09 runs a game, more than a run a game better than second-place Alabama) and third in batting average (.345). … Arizona State is third in ...

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Previewing the super regionals - USA Today

I think Escabedo will pitch. They show the #2 pitcher.

I'm pretty sure Escabedo will pitch

ITS ON !!!!!!

Interesting that only 3 teams in this year's Super Regionals have more appearances than us. Of course, all 3 are from the Pac12, with Cal having 6 more than us (but only 1 Championship!), Arizona 4 more than us, and Arizona State 2 more than us. We are in some elite company!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    Interesting that only 3 teams in this year's Super Regionals have more appearances than us. Of course, all 3 are from the Pac12, with Cal having 6 more than us (but only 1 Championship!), Arizona 4 more than us, and Arizona State 2 more than us. We are in some elite company!
    Now let's go out and win the WCWS this year and really be in elite company.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Now let's go out and win the WCWS this year and really be in elite company.
    Absolutely!!!

8. Default Re: Previewing the super regionals - USA Today

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    I'm pretty sure Escabedo will pitch
    The whole Cajun Nation was hoping she would pitch and she tried, she really tried hard. These Ragin'Cajuns have her number. Her ERA against UL is utterly blown up.

You know some pitchers just cannot pitch well to certain teams. I kow that Campbell girl for USA gives us fits.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You know some pitchers just cannot pitch well to certain teams. I kow that Campbell girl for USA gives us fits.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    I think Escabedo will pitch. They show the #2 pitcher.
    My guess is she DOESN'T pitch game 2.......but I wish she would! :-)

11. Default you are right

this is bump!

12. UL Softball Re: you are right

Coach Lotief already said both were going to pitch. Ashley would probably not get to pitch if Jordan pitched the first game. I like Brignac in the big moment, she will be fine provided some run support. She also needs the work for next week, don't want those competitve juices building up without any release.

Default Re: you are right

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Coach Lotief already said both were going to pitch. Ashley would probably not get to pitch if Jordan pitched the first game. I like Brignac in the big moment, she will be fine provided some run support. She also needs the work for next week, don't want those competitve juices building up without any release.
    I don't see how you start anyone other than Wallace after the dominating, effortless performance last night. Either way I would not want to make that call.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    I don't see how you start anyone other than Wallace after the dominating, effortless performance last night. Either way I would not want to make that call.
    The reason you can be THE #1 Team in the Country and then lose 4 games in conference, is because at a certain point, they find a comfort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Because this team is after the National Championship, not a trip to the party. Brignac needs to pitch against these supposedly great hitters to prepare, because we need both arms to win the National Championship.

If you think these girls aren't seriously eyeing the National title, or don't have a legitimate shot at it, you're not really paying attention.

Edited to add: generic "you," not specifically to Houston Cajun

Thread Information