View Poll Results: What mascot would you like to see Louisiana use?

Voters
178. This poll is closed
  • Louisiana Red Bull Gator

96 53.93%
  • English Bulldog

17 9.55%
  • Catahoula Leopard Hound

24 13.48%
  • Cayenne the Pepper

17 9.55%
  • Bud Man

4 2.25%
  • Cajun Chicken

20 11.24%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Poll - BullGator Mascot/Spirit Leader

Default Re: Vote for UL Mascot!!

I like the Red Gator, but I think it just isn't quite original for us. No matter what though I think the pepper mascot should be tossed. It is fine to use the pepper to accent logos, but NOT DANCING AROUND AT ANY UL ATHLETIC EVENT!

If a live mascot is what you guys are pushing for. why not go with a combination of the pelican/catahoula idea and get two cataloulas and name them Louis & Anna. They could come and sit at the games just as the bulldog once did. I think they would be splendid. It's our state dog and that makes it the most original. It would not in any since label us as something other than the Ragin' Cajuns because it is a dog. It is seen as just that. I think a gator would be misleading, people would be trying to put it on shirts and all. and even if we get a gator to the game it will be green, not red.

Let's decide on simplistic and original, something that can stay around for a while and be loved. I think the dog gives us that for sure

my two cents

2. Default Re: Vote for UL Mascot!!

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    If a live mascot is what you guys are pushing for. why not go with a combination of the pelican/catahoula idea and get two cataloulas and name them Louis & Anna. They could come and sit at the games just as the bulldog once did. I think they would be splendid. It's our state dog and that makes it the most original. It would not in any since label us as something other than the Ragin' Cajuns because it is a dog. It is seen as just that. I think a gator would be misleading, people would be trying to put it on shirts and all. and even if we get a gator to the game it will be green, not red.
    I like the Louis and Anna angle but I don't like the idea of using animals that have rarely set foot on a UL campus, though I wouldn't mind the school having one for a football T fetch monster.

Before UL was ever formed the historic Buffalo Wallow we know as Cypress Swamp/Lake was frequented by Bull Gators. Yes it was drained in the 1920's and 30's but for the majority of the years since Cypress Swamp was re-flooded in the 40's Bull Gator's have been found on UL's campus.

It is a 100% natural pick. As far as LOUISIANA RED, well, costumed mascots are supposed to take an unreal imaginary form; they do not represent total reality. For a real Bull Gator we could try to get a Leucistic Bull Gator (they are all males) all white and then with LOUISIANA RED we would have a Vermilion and White combo.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Fideaux ate the Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by AboveAverage
    "Fideaux ate the Pepper "

I hope he ate the whole plant. No more peppers!!!
    Wait, no, we have to have the pepper's just not as a spirit leader!! Fideaux, I like best when he is not showing as many teeth, I for one still have little ones and I don't want them to start off scared of anything UL!

DaddyCajun

4. Default Re: Vote for UL Mascot!!

Why can't we have the pepper logo AND a Raging Red Bull Kicking Gator?

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    What is a Bud Man? Or do I not want to know?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Fideaux ate the Pepper

Hearing Twilight Zone theme song

Hmmmmm, there seem to be a couple of absent posts in this thread.

Fideaux looks like a horney toad on some of Palmeiro's steroids.

7. Default Re: Fideaux ate the Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun
    Hearing Twilight Zone theme song

Hmmmmm, there seem to be a couple of absent posts in this thread.
    Not sure what you are looking for but you might want to check the poll thread. (same subject)

I assure you, nothing is missing. :confused:

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Fideaux ate the Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Not sure what you are looking for but you might want to check the poll thread. (same subject)

Can you work on his feet some smooth them out some as they look sort of like some sort of T-Rex feet.

They look good but could look better.

DaddyCajun

9. Default Re: Fideaux ate the Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Can you work on his feet some smooth them out some
    You looking for shoes, or a look that would fit human feet inside?

If I have time I might be able to give it a shot this weekend.

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: LOUISIANA RED (Fideaux) ate the Pepper

CajunFan64 gave me permission to play around with his "Mascot idea" Fideaux

All I did was feed him the Pepper . . .
    That gator has been in the weight room and taken roids.

11. This is Upsetting Re: LOUISIANA RED (Fideaux) ate the Pepper

No Offense but I do not like the Alligator!
    The Louisiana logo for one, automatically reminded me of Univ of Miami, the gator itself reminded me of the Florida Gators, and I'm just sick and tired of UL constantly playing with the idea of a new mascot. When I was at USL we were the Ragin Cajuns, with a "Cajun Man" mascot, "Chicken Man" mascot, but the school voted later to change it to a bull dog mascot. Since then we have this goofy pepper thing! We even appeased the political correct crowd by dressing a guy up in a pepper suit!!!!! Please, that looks so stupid. We are the Cajuns and although we can use countless icons to represent us, let's go with one and stick with it!
    I'll be at the UL-lsu game this weekend. Hope to see a lot of you there!
    Allons Cajuns!
    CajunStuckInBR

Default Re: Fideaux ate the Pepper

Turb,
    But you see that's the thing about the Twilight Zone, you never really know. Was it there or was it not? Did I hear that or didn't I. Was it a corndog or a twinkee on a stick? It's a weird, strange place and you always have to watch your step.

Default Re: LOUISIANA RED (Fideaux) ate the Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    That gator has been in the weight room and taken roids.

Change the (Miami) "U" to Louisiana and have him taking a bite out of a Red Pepper, hence the "red" gator. The Red Pepper would still be used, just not as an on-field mascot.

I'm not worried about the similarity with Florida. I don't know of any other school called the Gators. We would be in elite company. Sort of like using ULA (like Virginia - UVA or Georgia - UGA) that would distinguish us from Louisville.

With so many teams called Tigers, Bulldogs, Cowboys, Aggies, etc., only two called the Gators wouldn't be too bad. We need a clear mascot along with Ragin Cajuns. The Bulldog no longer fits, Mr. Cajun didn't work, and the Pepper is rediculous (as an on-field mascot).

I kinda like the whole thing with the Catahoula Hounds. I like the statement of using Louis and Anna as thier names. I think that would be something that would work really well as a live mascott plus we would not have to spend thousands of dollars to replace one should one die. Nor would we have to build some ungodly pen to keep them in. It is just a thought.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I didn't want to know.

It almost looks like Turbine dressed in that get-up, at least according to that little picture by his name.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information