View Poll Results: What mascot would you like to see Louisiana use?

Voters
178. This poll is closed
  • Louisiana Red Bull Gator

96 53.93%
  • English Bulldog

17 9.55%
  • Catahoula Leopard Hound

24 13.48%
  • Cayenne the Pepper

17 9.55%
  • Bud Man

4 2.25%
  • Cajun Chicken

20 11.24%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Poll - BullGator Mascot/Spirit Leader

1. Ragin' Cajuns Poll - BullGator Mascot/Spirit Leader

CajunFan64 gave me permission to play around with his "Mascot idea" Fideaux

All I did was feed him the Pepper . . .

Default Re: Fideaux ate the Pepper

I like it.

I like it, i think we should adopt him

I really like it!!!

5. Default Re: Fideaux ate the Pepper

Fideaux on best behavior.

Attached Images Attached Images  

"Fideaux ate the Pepper "

I hope he ate the whole plant. No more peppers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AboveAverage
    "Fideaux ate the Pepper "

I hope he ate the whole plant. No more peppers!!!
    I've said it once and I'll say it again. The pepper is awesome as a logo, but not as a mascot. Put the pepper on the gators shirt or just the Ragin' Cajuns logo and I say we bring it straight to a vote. I love the idea of a red alligator. A mascot that cool would definately be featured in EA Sports 08 version of NCAA football.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Fideaux on best behavior.
    Fideaux looks like he is enjoying a meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    I've said it once and I'll say it again. The pepper is awesome as a logo, but not as a mascot. Put the pepper on the gators shirt or just the Ragin' Cajuns logo and I say we bring it straight to a vote. I love the idea of a red alligator.
    I agree

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Fideaux ate the Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    I've said it once and I'll say it again. The pepper is awesome as a logo, but not as a mascot. Put the pepper on the gators shirt or just the Ragin' Cajuns logo and I say we bring it straight to a vote. I love the idea of a red alligator. A mascot that cool would definately be featured in EA Sports 08 version of NCAA football.
    So bring it to a vote we shall!!!

I too vote for the Gator as Mascot, pepper accent on hats/logo's, bulldog is History!!!

DaddyCajun

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Vote for UL Mascot!!

Lets put this to a strong vote to give to the Alumni Board. If your vote it in, I will present it and whom ever wants to come is more than welcome!

DaddyCajun

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    So bring it to a vote we shall!!!

I too vote for the Gator as Mascot, pepper accent on hats/logo's, bulldog is History!!!

DaddyCajun
    If we're going to copy the alligator from Florida U. then I'm submitting a "write in" candidate -

A little Ragin' Cajun guy copied from the Fightin' Irish leprechaun. Set him up with a big pot of gumbo at the end of the rainbow (a 2006 bowl victory).

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Vote for UL Mascot!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Lets put this to a strong vote to give to the Alumni Board. If your vote it in, I will present it and whom ever wants to come is more than welcome!

DaddyCajun
    What is a Bud Man? Or do I not want to know?

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun
    If we're going to copy the alligator from Florida U. then I'm submitting a "write in" candidate -

A little Ragin' Cajun guy copied from the Fightin' Irish leprechaun. Set him up with a big pot of gumbo at the end of the rainbow (a 2006 bowl victory).

If any of you feel that the pepper is a good thing in any sort of the word, or even if you don't, check out the site below. It is a myspace.com site devoted to the Ragin Cajuns. look towards the bottom right and read all of the comments. there are a fair amount of them, mostly from current students and/or recent grads (the main demographic on myspace), dogging the pepper and requesting other mascots like the chicken or bringing back Mr. Ragin Cajun, for which there is also a myspace.com page (look for him in the list of friends). I think it would be a pretty cool thing to bring back Mr. RC.

http://www.myspace.com/cajunathletics

Default Re: Vote for UL Mascot!!

I voted for the the state dog, the Catahoula.

We are THE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA.

1) If we will not market the nickname CAJUNS with the now defunct CAJUN Man, we need a mascot that furthers our identity as THE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA.

2) The Gator does not do that and would be seen as a copy of Florida.

3) The Bulldog was finished the moment we changed our nickname to Cajuns, and already has a large presence in-state for Louisiana Tech. Would be seen as a copy of Tech.

4) The chicken was very entertaining; not a mascot worthy of THE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA.

5) The pepper is not entertaining, not a mascot worthy of THE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA, not recognizable for what it is, a vegetable. Better suited for minor league baseball.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information