Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: The Mickey Shunick Story

1. Default Eunice - Lavergne wants guilty plea tossed, says he was pressured

If confessed killer Brandon Scott Lavergne is going to be a jailhouse lawyer he has to follow proper court procedure. Because the admitted killer of Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate did not file the ri.

2. Default Lavergne recants confessions

Convicted killer Brandon Scott Lavergne maintained throughout his talks with police — including his taped confession — that he accidentally struck university coed Mickey Shunick's bicycle and never intended to kill her, according to recordings obtained by The Daily Advertiser.

3. Default Shunick's mother responds to killer's request

The mother of a slain university coed has responded via Facebook to a courthouse plea from her daughter's killer's that his case be thrown out of court.

4. Default Shunick's story to be featured on NBC's 'Dateline'

NBC's Dateline will air a special report tonight on the murder of University of Louisiana at Lafayette student Mickey Shunick, whose May 19 disappearance shook Acadiana to its core.

5. Default Mickey Shunick special on Dateline NBC last night

Did anyone see the Mickey Shunick Dateline NBC episode last night. It was great, what a tough little girl. Gotta love that family. The university should erect a perminant memorial for her. In her horrific death and short life, she embodied everything about the Cajun culture. Too sad of a story to think such a smart funny and sweet girl was taken way too early by a horrible man, who showed no remorse for the terrible act he committed.

Talked well about Lafayette and UL as well. In fact called us UL once in the piece. Showed dr. Saviou once.

Default Re: The Mickey Shunick Story

And we learned that BSL is tiger fan.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    And we learned that BSL is tiger fan.
    Who is BSL?

Sorry, you must be talking about Lavergne my apologies

Z

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Did anyone see the Mickey Shunick Dateline NBC episode last night. It was great, what a tough little girl. Gotta love that family. The university should erect a perminant memorial for her. In her horrific death and short life, she embodied everything about the Cajun culture. Too sad of a story to think such a smart funny and sweet girl was taken way too early by a horrible man, who showed no remorse for the terrible act he committed.

Talked well about Lafayette and UL as well. In fact called us UL once in the piece. Showed dr. Saviou once.
    There is a memorial near Blackham coliseum (dont know street name) where Lavergne hit her.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    There is a memorial near Blackham coliseum (dont know street name) where Lavergne hit her.
    St. Landry near where it enters the Blackham Coliseum parking area.

10. Default Re: The Mickey Shunick Story

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    St. Landry near where it enters the Blackhan Coliseum parking area.
    Awesome. I live in North Carolina now and have not been back since the Troy game 2 years ago. Next football season when I come back, i will make sure I stop and visit the memorial.

Thank you NBC for the nice peice on the Shunick family!

What intersection is the surveillance video from? Where the dateline guy was walking? I've seen the video numerous times and never figured out where it was.

St Landry and University. By the Circle K. Video taken from city hall

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    nm
    Last edited by BeauCajun; January 30th, 2013 at 09:29 am. Reason: Slappy answered

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    St. Landry near where it enters the Blackham Coliseum parking area.
    Yup. Right where the houses end and the open field begins. On the left if your coming from old Lourdes to Blackham. I make a point to pass by it every time I go on a bike ride.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post

I didn't realize that there was also another video from a traffic camera showing the license plate, with a large post and an ice chest in the back of the truck. The camera at city hall showed the large post & ice chest which matched the same truck tied to BSL. So Lafayette's traffic cameras played a huge part in solving the case and getting the conviction. Sad story and I really feel for the family.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information