Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . LastLast

Thread: The Mickey Shunick Story

Default Lavergne Sentenced

Brandon Lavergne was just sentenced to two life sentences as the Mickey Shunick family can finally put closure to the questions that surrounded their daughter's death. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Brandon Lavergne was just sentenced to two life sentences as the Mickey Shunick family can finally put closure to the questions that surrounded their daughter's death. Just thought I'd let everyone know.
    Should cut his nuts off while tey are at it. Sick and worthless bastard

Default Re: Lavergne Sentenced today

Why do our tax dollars have to support him for the rest of his life in prison? Do to him what he did to her. He is getting off too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Why do our tax dollars have to support him for the rest of his life in prison? Do to him what he did to her. He is getting off too easy.
    My understanding is he agreed to plead guilty to both murders with two life sentences in exchange for no death penalty & taking them to the body.

Wayyyy too easy! Did anyone read the story about how it all went down? She put up one heck of a fight!

Because the family was able to get the body returned to them along with a true confession about what happened on that night in return for that plea. It is a crap shoot getting the death penalty sentence and if you lose out on that as well as the testimony and the location of the body, nobody is happy. The family was completely behind this plea.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Wayyyy too easy! Did anyone read the story about how it all went down? She put up one heck of a fight!
    Yes, to think that he initially attacked her near Blackham is just strange.

It's actually cheaper to give him life in Angola than pay for a death penalty case and all the appeals that go along with it.

He'll have lots of fun in Angola. I hear rapists are treated real nice there.

9. Default Re: Lavergne Sentenced today

Media is reporting he is already in custody of Louisiana Penitentary officials on his way to Angola.

10. Default Re: Lavergne Sentenced today

----I caught various parts of it and brought tears to my eyes---My next door neighbor's little girl took horse riding lessons from her---This is just about as sad a thing since I have been in the Lafayette area!

Having 3 daughters (13,9,2), stories like this make me sick to my stomach. I imagine I will have hundreds of sleepless nights worrying about the safety of my girls. I can't imagine having to go thru something like the Shunicks.

RIP MICKEY!

Because the family was able to get the body returned to them along with a true confession about what happened on that night in return for that plea. It is a crap shoot getting the death penalty sentence and if you lose out on that as well as the testimony and the location of the body, nobody is happy. The family was completely behind this plea.
    In Lafayette Parish it would have been hard getting a jury to hand out the DP. Justice was served to a lot of people today other than Lavergne. The Shunicks, the Pates, and others that haven't had their story in the news got justice as well. Hopefully a few other families can get closure before this is said and done.

13. Default

He had to go to New Orleans and file a fake incident to get the wounds Mickey inflicted taken care of.

As a general rule, the cost of keeping an inmate in jail for life is the same as capital punishment.

It would be nice if the University would do something for her for the first game of the season against lamar, and maybe even the team wear her intials on their sleave.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . LastLast

Thread Information