Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: The Mickey Shunick Story

Default Re: Help!! Mickey Shunick Missing, . Bike Found

Lafayette Police schedule 330pm CST News Conference on 5/29/12.

May be nothing substantive, but none the less a presser has been called.

GEAUX UL!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Mickey is getting lots of regional and national exposure as New Orleans televison and the NBC Today show both giving her coverage. We can only pray for and support the family intil she is found.
    Yesterday morning, Fox News had an in-depth segment with a detective correspondent on the set.

3. Default Re: Help!! Mickey Shunick Missing, . Bike Found

The 3:30 telecast was not breaking news. The LPD was simply telling us a lot of what is already known, and that they are getting help form multiple regional, state, and federal agencies. Still asking for leads.

4. Default Re: Help!! Mickey Shunick Missing, . Bike Found

I like the fact that they do this just to keep people informed and not trying to sensationalize this tragic event!!!

5. Default Questions about where money raised by Find Mickey Now Campaign is going

Questions about where money raised by Find Mickey Now Campaign is going

Since volunteer searches are suspended, the Find Mickey Now Campaign is no longer asking for donations like food, drinks and materials.

Benefits already scheduled will still take place. Some donors have asked where the money is going. We asked that question today.

According to Mickey's sister, Charlene "Charlie" Shunick monetary donations are for expenses that arise for the family. They have not worked since Mickey went missing. Money also is used for search efforts like helicopter and fuel costs.

On the Find Mickey Now Facebook page, Charlie says the Community Foundation of Acadiana account "is used solely for the overtime of police officers, and additional search resources."

6. Default The Vermilion: Police share details on Mickey Shunick's bike; volunteer search s

Police have yet to identify the operators or occupants of the three vehicles of interest that were briefly following Shunick, which were all seen on the surveillance footage from the early morning of May 19. This is the only footage of Shunick found thus far.

I just heard on TV3 that police have released some info on the bike. It was found in water and slightly damaged at the rear wheel. That sounds like that they stopped and threw the bike over the bridge rail.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    I just heard on TV3 that police have released some info on the bike. It was found in water and slightly damaged at the rear wheel. That sounds like that they stopped and threw the bike over the bridge rail.
    According to Corporal Paul Mouton, the damage was more than "slight." The tire was dislodged from the rim itself, and the rim was bent. Police also believe the bike was placed where it was found the morning Mickey disappeared, and not simply thrown from the side of the bridge.

http://kpel965.com/mickey-shunick-pr.-being-sought/

9. Default Re: Help!! Mickey Shunick Missing, . Bike Found

Sounds like a "Hit-coverup-n-Run"

10. Default Re: Help!! Mickey Shunick Missing, . Bike Found

Turb, I don't think so. Predators in order to gain access often stage accidents with their victims. I fear the worst possible outcome.

Yea the hit n run logic makes no sense. Only incentive a person would have to cover up him/her hitting mickey is if he/she was drunk.which i guess is a decent possibility.

Police rule out two vehicles of interest in Mickey Shunick case

05/30/2012 - 12:38 PM
    Lafayette police have ruled out two vehicles of interest in Mickey Shunick's disappearance, but detectives still need information on the newer model white Z71 pickup truck. Detectives have identified the drivers and passengers in both the older 4-door car and the white 4-door pickup truck with the bed cover. "Investigators have ruled out any involvement by these individuals and they offered no additional clues for the investigation. Investigators continue to seek information on the newer model white Z71 pickup truck," said Cpl. Paul Mouton. The Z-71 truck is the first picture of a vehicle Lafayette police released on Friday, May 25._ The picture shows a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street. The truck and Shunick were captured on surveillance video. A picture of that truck is included in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Camz View Post
    Yea the hit n run logic makes no sense. Only incentive a person would have to cover up him/her hitting mickey is if he/she was drunk.which i guess is a decent possibility.
    2am on a friday night? decent possibility? really? driving at 2am you are either leaving the bar or going to work, not many poeple have to be at work at 3am on saturday morning.

meh i just think hit n run is out of the question. I think it'd take a premeditated scenario for someone to do this. Besides, i doubt someone inebriated to the point of hitting someone on a bike and deciding the best action is to get rid of said person and bike would be efficient enough to properly pick up bike and girl, ensure girl is dead and properly dispose of her and bike without raising an eyebrow.

15. Default Re: Help!! Mickey Shunick Missing, . Bike Found

Fellow inspectors/detectives-------I think that the lab will come up with the source of the damage to the vehicle---Was it in fact struck by a vehicle or how was the damage on the bike done???? The bike and the lady were moved---the bike seems to have had the damage done where the girl was taken dead or alive----Would really think that the damage occurred before the abduction----Why Whiskey Bay---Why go East???? maybe some car paint on the bike that can be matched to the vehicle and ergo IDed as to the Year and make----I am having my '71 wedding gift from my parents redone (2 bikes) over the years they have some banged up fenders from falls----She could have possibly fallen by her own accidental riding---maybe knocked out and picked up along with the bike!!!!!! Who knows???/ Guess what--they still haven't found the Jeff Davis Parish killer of the 7-8 ladies!!!!PRAY!!!!

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information