Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: The Mickey Shunick Story

1. Default Along the Teche - Lake Martin yields no clue to Mickey Shunick's disappearance

Lake Martin – Four days after pretty, petite Mickey Shunick vanished from a Lafayette street in the middle of the night, peace officers and volunteers convened at Lake Martin in St. Martin Parish to search for her body.

2. Default More volunteers needed in Find Mickey Shunick effort - The Daily Advertiser

More volunteers are needed this morning as the search for missing Lafayette woman Mickey Shunick continues. “We are short handed this morning and need as many volunteers as we can get, as early as possible! We stop searches early so that no .

3. Default Vermilion Parish Sheriff's Office ready to assist in finding missing Micky Shuni

The Vermilion Parish Sheriff’s Office is ready and waiting to assist in the search of Micky Shunick, who vanished from a Lafayette street last week. Major Darryl LeBlanc of the Sheriff’s Office s.

4. Default Re: Community Rallies Together to Search for Mickey Shunick

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Weird and it might be nothing, but in an interview this morning on KTDY, the last person to see her alive was being interviewed and towards the end said pretty much the same thing except, "what a special person she was."
    I am glad they found the video of here riding the bike, this validates the last person to see her alive and his story.

I am sad they found her bike off of I-10

Default Re: Community Rallies Together to Search for Mickey Shunick

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I am glad they found the video of here riding the bike, this validates the last person to see her alive and his story.

I am sad they found her bike off of I-10
    I was not aware they found her bike. When and where on I-10? This is not good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I was not aware they found her bike. When and where on I-10? This is not good at all.
    Just found recently, Whiskey Bay exit off of I-10.

Lafayette Police are confirming that Mickey Shunick's bike has been found beneath the Whiskey Bay I-10 Bridge at Exit #127. Some local fisherman located the bike and notified police through the tips line. The entire area and the river are being searched for clues and evidence. Police are asking the public to remain out of the area so that law enforcement officials can search. The case remains under investigation.

8. Default Family Remains Hopeful After New Clues Released

Family Remains Hopeful After New Clues Released

For friends and family of Mickey it's a step forward in the investigation they waited an agonizing week for.

The family is doing as well as can be expected and over the past week they've relied on the community's support, but now, it's the prospect of the investigation moving forward that's sustaining them.

"That's all we've been waiting for is a place to start from to start looking instead of looking everywhere," said Charlie Shunick, Mickey's sister.

For the first time in days the Shunick family and investigators have something to go on.

"Now we at least know she got past university a little bit. I mean, it is awesome," said Shunick.

For the family and hundreds of volunteers these images are providing strength into a search that's so far come up empty handed.

"We're trying to think positively, we are trying to think effectively, rationally, and quickly. Even if it is minute, it is huge at this point," said Mickey's friend Josh Coen.

The next step is to find someone who may have seen what outside the frame of this surveillance video. Police released photos of three vehicles they say were in the area. Now, they want to talk to those drivers.

"We just want to speak to the people or the person in that vehicle that night to gather any new clues or any information that they may have to further this investigation," said Corporal Paul Mouton with the Lafayette Police Department.

Josh Coen says, "until we have clear, hard evidence, we are completely staying positive each and every day. Our motto every morning is we are bringing her home tonight."

Still no sign of Mickey. Both police and the family are still encouraging all businesses in the area to check their surveillance systems for any sign of Mickey.
    Corporal Paul Mouton says one of the reasons why it took some time to find these images is because there are so many different instruments for recording video. Some systems allow you to fast forward or slow down, and once they found what is believed to be Mickey, the department had to send the video to be enhanced to a better quality.

Chris Welty
    cwelty@katctv.com

Permalink| Comments

9. Default The Vermilion: Mickey Shunick’s bike found at Whiskey Bay exit

By: Ashley Hinson
    Lafayette police have confirmed that the bike found May 27 at the Whiskey Bay exit off Interstate 10 is the bike of UL Lafayette student Mickey Shunick, who has not been seen since the early morni.

10. Default TIMELINE: The disappearance of Mickey Shunick

This timeline was created based on information from the Lafayette Police Department, as well as interviews with Shunick’s family and friends conducted throughout the week. All times are approximate: 10:13 p.m. May 18: Shunick and friends are .

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    Just found recently, Whiskey Bay exit off of I-10.
    There should be several camera's around that area unless the governor cut back on camera use.

This is a link to the LADOTD web site with the traffic cameras.

http://hb.511la.org/main.jsf?minLat=.Lon=-91.799011

Unfortunately you can't see too much at night. If her body has been out there for over a week, I don't think they will find much undisturbed evidence considering all the animal activity out there. The KATC time line said her cell phone was turned off early last Saturday morning. I think she was dead when her phone was turned off. Criminals watch the First 48 too.

13. Default Volunteers React to New Developments in Shunick Case

Volunteers React to New Developments in Shunick Case

From the get-go,the search for Mickey Shunick has been a community effort.

A sign of that Sunday night in Downtown Lafayette, where a benefit concert was held. Over the past week we've seen nearly two-thousand volunteers join in the search effort, many of them we also saw out there Sunday at Parc International, still hopeful as investigators make big steps forward in the case.

As hundreds packed Parc International there was a somber mood as headliners took to the stage. Many couldn't help but think of the news from early Sunday morning when Mickey's bike was found.

14. Default Police continue search of area where Mickey Shunick's bike was found, find no ne

Police began their search of the Whiskey Bay Bridge area this morning, but the investigation was called off around Noon after a thorough search of the area turned up no new evidence.

Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft says in a missing persons case it is assumed there may be some foul play involved.

"The longer the case goes on without her being located the slimmer the chances are of finding her ok, but we're still hopeful."

Craft says yesterday's efforts focused on processing the crime scene before today's search could begin. Multiple agencies have come out on this Memorial Day holiday leaving no stone unturned.

"The response, especially on a holiday weekend has been overwhelming. We have not been refused one resource we have requested."

Everything from ATV's, horses, air craft and water craft are being used in this search effort. Lafayette PD has even enlisted the help of departments as far south as Houma.

"All of those jurisdictions that the river travels through are cooperating and getting their vessels out on the water in search of any sign of Mickey."

Craft says so far they don't know if Mickey was ever in the area where her bike was found.

Police will continue to investigate as long as tips are coming in. Due to the high number of calls to the tip line, especially since the vehicle of interest was released, police are allowing trained volunteers to man the phones.

Permalink| Comments

15. Default Re: Help!! Mickey Shunick Missing, . Bike Found

Mickey is getting lots of regional and national exposure as New Orleans televison and the NBC Today show both giving her coverage. We can only pray for and support the family intil she is found.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information