Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread: The Mickey Shunick Story

Default Re: Special K9's Return to Acadiana to Search for Mickey Shunick

May have found Mickey Shunick's body.

http://www.klfy.com/story/19218560/s.angline-parish

GEAUX UL! RIP MICKEY!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Mickey Shunick

Looks like they found her body in Evangeline Parish. RIP

Good for the family, they can finally have some closure.

KATC is saying it was a man's body found

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

wow.

6. Default Re: Special K9's Return to Acadiana to Search for Mickey Shunick

Mike is a STATE FARM agent in St Landry Parish and we have contributed to the cause to help defray expenses for the dogs' upkeep. When he asked for this help in the past I thought it was a waste of time but now I see what a valuable thing this group of folks have done----RIP Mickey!!!!!

Default Re: Mickey Shunick

Sources close to Mickey Shunick's family say they have not been notified by authorities of any new developments in the case today. Rumors are running rampant that Mickey's body has been found in Evangeline Parish. Family says they're also hearing rumors. Evangeline Parish Sheriff's Office spokesperson Capt. Shawn Eckhart says a man's body has been found in Evangeline Parish, and he died of natural causes.

Channel 10, they found the body, can't confirm it 100 percent.Channel 3, they found a mans bodywill it rain or not.

There was discussions with Lavergne about giving up the location of the body for a plead to not be given the death penalty.

10. Default Eunice - Authorities believe they've recovered missing Shunick's remains; lab te

MAMOU – Law enforcement officials believe they recovered the remains of Mickey Shunick in a makeshift grave near a cemetery west of here Tuesday afternoon. Acting on a confidential tip, officers sa.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    There was discussions with Lavergne about giving up the location of the body for a plead to not be given the death penalty.
    That would always be the first choice for prosecutors but I don't think he's been willing to cooperate. The funny thing is that I wonder if he could truly get the death penalty here even if they shoot for it.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    That would always be the first choice for prosecutors but I don't think he's been willing to cooperate. The funny thing is that I wonder if he could truly get the death penalty here even if they shoot for it.
    Definitely. I've talked to the DA and if he isn't offering. I am. I'm far less humane.

13. Default BODY FOUND: Police chief says, 'We believed these remains are Mickey Shunick's'

VIDRINE — Human remains believed to be those of missing Lafayette resident Mickey Shunick were recovered Tuesday near a cemetery in Evangeline Parish.

Advertiser (sub)
    The rest of the story
    desktop

14. Default Family, friends, community now wait

Her family and friends — as well as the entire Acadiana community — have taken a deep breath upon hearing that officials have recovered the remains thought to belong to Mickey Shunick. They now wait for the official confirmation to exhale.

Advertiser (sub)
    The rest of the story
    desktop

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Definitely. I've talked to the DA and if he isn't offering. I am. I'm far less humane.
    Its not a matter of offering the death penalty, its a matter of whether you can get a judge to hand down that sentence in this area which is a pretty conservative area by nature. The last death penalty was handed down 27 years ago here and this area is far more conservative than others around the state in that regard. A change of venue may not be a terrrible thing if going for the death penalty

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread Information