Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread: The Mickey Shunick Story

Default Re: Mickey Shunick

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    I feel very sorry for the family of this young woman. I can't, however, help but wonder what in God's name she was doing riding around on a bicycle at 2:00 AM by herself? I'm a 6-1 and 205 lb male in pretty good shape. I'm also a concealed handgun permit holder that is well trained in the use of my weapon. Even though I'd be well armed, you'll still never see me riding around by myself on a bicycle at 2:00 AM.
    At the time I thought the very same thing. After hearing all the reports I have come to believe that her family is made up of the sweetest, nicest people on earth and they do not believe people do evil things. I hope no one construes this to mean anything other then utmost sympathy for the family and friends. I cannot image the torture they must live with hour by hour, day by day.

Quote Originally Posted by geo_cajun View Post
    http://texaseqUsearch.org/category/missing/

People go missing everyday; young and old, men and women, white/black/latino. It is tragic, and therefore important for us all to use common sense to be as safe as we can and not be naive to the dangers of the world. Lafayette is not Mayberry. I can only hope that justice prevails a fast as possible for the family.
    That page is heartbreaking.

3. Default Crowley - Prior arrest, prison records show Lavergne's violent nature

EVANGELINE PARISH – As has previously been reported, Brandon Scott Lavergne, the man in custody for the aggravated kidnapping and murder of Michaela ‘Mickey’ Shunick, was a registered sex offender .

4. Default Mickey Shunick's Dad Comments On Arrest

For the first time since Brandon Lavergne was arrested in the disappearance of Mickey Shunick, her family is weighing in on his arrest.

"If he is the one, if he took my daughter and murdered her, I hope he gets what he deserves," said Mickey's Dad, Tom Shunick.

Before justice is served, Shunick and his family say they just want answers. It's been 51 days since anyone has seen Mickey.

5. Default Mickey Shunick Volunteers Seeking Advice from Elizabeth Smart's Family

Mickey Shunick Volunteers Seeking Advice from Elizabeth Smart's Family

The volunteers here work nonstop, and they say they won't stop until Mickey is home. Now, they want to give back to the community with an idea that comes from Elizabeth Smart's family.

Margaret Bearb is hoping to turn this negative into a positive. She wants to make sure what happened to Mickey doesn't happen to anyone else.

"At the beginning we all said the same thing, that couldn't happen here in Lafayette that happens in other towns and other cities, but that did happen here," said Bearb.

Bearb is hoping to give people information on how to protect themselves right here at the mickey Shunick headquarters. The plan is, as people come in to pick up flyers, she wants to give people information on how to protect themselves, through self-defense and being aware of their surroundings.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Z, she was carrying pepper spray.

I'm of the thought that she was taken by surprise and that no form of protection would have deterred this guy. I'm thinking run off the road or hit from behind.
    Yep

7. Default Along the Teche - Eyes on Whiskey Bay

For residents of St. Martin Parish, one of the most intriguing elements of the state’s case against Brandon Scott Lavergne in the Mickey Shunick disappearance is a terse phrase in a Lafayette Police Department release: “Investigators are also able to place Brandon Lavergne in and around the location of where the bicycle was located.”

8. Default Shunick Family On Internet Rumors, Possibility of Change in Venue

Shunick Family On Internet Rumors, Possibility of Change in Venue

The Shunick family is speaking out about on-line rumors of a demonstration outside the Lafayette Parish Courthouse next Wednesday, when Brandon Lavergne goes before a grand jury.

"My family and I and everything from the search efforts would just really appreciate it if people would not go out there or any public venue to protest or speak out against [Lavergne]," said Charlie Shunick.

Should the grand jury indict Lavergne, the Shunicks are hoping the trial would be held here in Lafayette.

"We would like for it to be here, I feel like it's the type of case where a lot of of people know about it but their opinions are still able to be unbiased," she said.

District Attorney Mike Harson also commented on the potential of a change in venue, releasing a statement to KATC which read in part: "I believe that there are more than enough people who in fact do not know enough about this case that they couldn't give a fair trial."

9. Default Eunice - Graves tip in Shunick case turns out to be false lead

SWORDS – A tip that led authorities to a possible grave site here Thursday morning turned out to be a false lead in the search for Mickey Shunik. Investigators and search dogs were sent to the scen.

10. Default Mickey's Family and Friends Relieved Nothing was Found in St. Landry Search

Mickey's Family and Friends Relieved Nothing was Found in St. Landry Search

Emotions ran high when Mickey's family and friends found out authorities were digging up possible graves near Brandon Lavergne's home.

"I'd like to find out how he was involved in this, did he take my daughter is she still alive, if not where's the body?" wondered Tom Shunick, Mickey's father.

Tom Shunick and family and friends say they were relieved when the search turned up nothing, but tom still needs answers.

"Still got a little ray of hope out there. It helps the day go on better, but we certainly need to get some closure on this,' said Shunick.

Mickey Shunick murder suspect treated for stab wounds in Jefferson Parish; deputies called him uncooperative

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/.nick_murd.html

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    Mickey Shunick murder suspect treated for stab wounds in Jefferson Parish; deputies called him uncooperative

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/.nick_murd.html
    Another smoking gun.

Sounds like she went down fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Another smoking gun.

That's what I wondered. Also wondering if they have the route traveled to the Texas truck burning. Hopefully the right person is behind bars and the case is solid. When I first heard this I was curious as to how it would play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Another smoking gun.

Thankfully this guy is an idiot. I can't think of a stupider thing he could have done in that situation. He went into the hospital claiming to be stabbed. This guaranteed that the cops would be by to visit him later to poke around and try to find out what happened.

I wouldn't say it's a smoking gun but it's another big piece of circumstantial evidence that might not have been there if he was a little smarter about it.

15. Default Lavergne suspect already in death of a young woman

CHURCH POINT – Brandon Scott Lavergne’s police files are a contradiction; on the one hand, portraying a violence-prone miscreant and on the other a model rehabilitating inmate. And nothing in the p.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread Information