Thread: Warhawks damage UL's hopes for tournament

1. Default Warhawks damage UL's hopes for tournament

"We've got to try to flush this," Cajuns coach Tony Robichaux said. And fast. Only eight teams will make it to the WKU-hosted conference tourney in Bowling Green, Ky., and Thursday's loss made an already tall task that much tougher for a 23-28 ...

Default Re: Warhawks damage UL's hopes for tournament

So...our backs were against the wall...an inch away from staying home at tourney time...getting a chance to make a statement on our OWN field in front of our OWN fans...against an instate rival we see as beneath us. And what do we do? We peepee all over ourselves.

What a disappointment.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    So...our backs were against the wall...an inch away from staying home at tourney time...getting a chance to make a statement on our OWN field in front of our OWN fans...against an instate rival we see as beneath us. And what do we do? We peepee all over ourselves.

What a disappointment.
    It's early in the season and we're young.

That was a very pitiful performance at the plate for a team that desperately needs to win. I was very disappointed last night

And I took baseball over going see my grand daughter receive six awards for excellance in school because of a 4.0 avg.

The truly sad part is that there was "excitement" about being locked with an intrastate rival for a spot in the conference tournament, not a regional mind you, but a freaking conference tournament, in what has turned out to be a ______ poor baseball conference this year. Just goes to show you how far this program has fallen. And by the way, for all the Robe apologists out there, he did use youth as an excuse in yesterday's pre game interview with Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    The truly sad part is that there was "excitement" about being locked with an intrastate rival for a spot in the conference tournament, not a regional mind you, but a freaking conference tournament, in what has turned out to be a ______ poor baseball conference this year. Just goes to show you how far this program has fallen. And by the way, for all the Robe apologists out there, he did use youth as an excuse in yesterday's pre game interview with Walker.
    Time to clean house....

Doesn't matter what we did 12 years ago. That isn't now. This is bad baseball and should not be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Time to clean house....

Doesn't matter what we did 12 years ago. That isn't now. This is bad baseball and should not be tolerated.
    I dunno about all that.... but it is getting close. Everyone was excited about this freshman class... I say give him at least 1 more year... These guys can be special....

Any word on recruiting?

Baseball is in the same position as the football team was against ULM. Only a few minutes left and down by 2 touchdowns. We all know how that turned out.

No matter who got blamed after every game in the post game interviews, and someone always did, the blame has to rest on the guy at the top. The program and its movement, in either direction, is a direct reflection of the guy steering the ship.

11. Default Re: Warhawks damage UL's hopes for tournament

Time to clean house....

1st off a clearing of the pitching staff would be a foolish mistake because the pitching staff did lead the conference in era.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
    1st off a clearing of the pitching staff would be a foolish mistake because the pitching staff did lead the conference in era.
    A lot of good leading the conference in ERA did for us. Stats are for losers. Bottom line is we didn't make the tournament in a one bid league. Embarrassing.

13. Default

Stats are for losers.
    True Dat.

Still, time tested true phrases are there so we don't have to think of new ones.

Here are a couple more where it concerns overall pitching. "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water" and "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    I dunno about all that.... but it is getting close. Everyone was excited about this freshman class... I say give him at least 1 more year... These guys can be special....

Any word on recruiting?
    We do have SOME talent on this team. Not enough...but SOME. But I don't see anyone I'd label as "special".

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    We do have SOME talent on this team. Not enough...but SOME. But I don't see anyone I'd label as "special".

come on Red, that's bull ____, unless you weren't at park this year.

Thread Information