View Poll Results: Will Fenroy Break the Career Rushing Record at UL?

Voters
60. This poll is closed
  • Yes, he will break the record.

41 68.33%
  • No, he'll fall just short

5 8.33%
  • No, he won't come close.

1 1.67%
  • No, cause he'll leave early for NFL.

2 3.33%
  • No, falls short due to a long term injury.

2 3.33%
  • No, splitting time with other RB's will prevent him from breaking the record.

9 15.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can Fenroy break Mitchell's record?

Default Can Fenroy break Mitchell's record?

After coming off a 1000+ yd freshman season, what do you think Fenroy's chances are to break the career rushing record at UL? (Brian Mitchell=3,335)

Default Re: Can Fenroy break Mitchell's record?

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    After coming off a 1000 yd+ season, what do you think Fenroy's chances are to break the career rushing record at UL? (Brian Mitchell=3,335)
    If Fenroy stays healthy, yes I do see him breaking the rushing record. Look at what he did last year just in the last 5 games. If he stays consistent I think he should be looking at a couple 1,300+ seasons, easy.

Remember, it's conference games where he's gonna stack up. And that wont be hard for him

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    If Fenroy stays healthy, yes I do see him breaking the rushing record. Look at what he did last year just in the last 5 games. If he stays consistent I think he should be looking at a couple 1,300+ seasons, easy.

Remember, it's conference games where he's gonna stack up. And that wont be hard for him

My only worry is that he may fall into a sophomore slump. I'd hate to see that happen.

My only worry is that he may fall into a sophomore slump. I'd hate to see that happen.
    im thinkin that if this new guy Wallace makes a signicant impact at RB then fenroys numbers will be down, but should still be enough to break the record barring injury

UL Football Re: Can Fenroy break Mitchell's record?

Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    im thinkin that if this new guy Wallace makes a signicant impact at RB then fenroys numbers will be down, but should still be enough to break the record barring injury
    I need to change my vote as I thought Brian Mitchell ran for over 2,000 yrds in a season.

I think both Wallace and Fenroy have a chance to break Mitchell's record but will need to stay healthy, share the attack, and pray the The Bustle Bouy's continue to bring in the B I G MEN!!!

DaddyCajun

If Fenroy stays healthy I think he has the ability to break a lot of records around here.

Does anyone know what the TD record is?

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    If Fenroy stays healthy I think he has the ability to break a lot of records around here.

He has to get 2500 or so yards in three seasons, not a terrible feat. But, there are many factors that have to be realized in order to keep him on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    The career record for a running back is 25 by Kenyon Cotton.

The overall career record is 47 by Brian Mitchell.

Fenroy had 12 last year, so he'd have to keep up that pace to pass Mitchell (no small feat). Barring injury or leaving early, he should be able to pass Cotton.

UL Football Re: Can Fenroy break Mitchell's record?

listening to Jay's show today I may have to change my vote as well. It seems with the new NCAA clock start\stop rule, Fenroy may be getting a few less carries each game. Never the less, it is still very much an attainable record.

I guess I'm just pestimistic about athletes staying in school these days, I'm the only one who voted NO due to him leaving early for the pros. I think Fenroy is one hell of a runner, and he reached 1000 yards as a freshman despite the Cajuns still being unable to recruit good sized run blocking hogs for the O-line.

Before Fenroy, I had been saying that UL needs to try the LA Tech method. Before LA Tech could recruit big run blockers for their line, they would grab a good QB and a few good receivers, line up 4 and 5 wideouts, and lead the nation in passing and win 6-8 games along the way, which eventually helped boost their recruiting. However, after seeing Fenroy run last year, maybe our running game does have a good chance at succeeding.

I will have to vote a cautious yes, but for good reasons. I think having Wallace will bring down Fenroy's numbers a little bit. However, I think Fenroy is such a talented runner that if he stays here all 4 years, he can definitely break the record. Will he? I dunno.

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

listening to Jay's show today I may have to change my vote as well. It seems with the new NCAA clock start\stop rule, Fenroy may be getting a few less carries each game. Never the less, it is still very much an attainable record.
    That isn't going to hinder his carries as much as other backs. If it reduces the game by 10 plays, 5 offense 5 defense, 3 or 4 offensive plays are runs. If his production lacks this year, I don't think I would look to that for blame. Remember, this is mainly going to occur after kicks and turnovers and such, as i understand it.

He was the feature back for the cajuns during the last five games last year, splitting minimal carries with Harrison and a couple others. this year, Wallace will also be looking for carries and if he performs like all of you think he will (and he does have a lot of hype to live up to), then that will have a much greater impact on TF's carries

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner
    I guess I'm just pestimistic about athletes staying in school these days, I'm the only one who voted NO due to him leaving early for the pros. I think Fenroy is one hell of a runner, and he reached 1000 yards as a freshman despite the Cajuns still being unable to recruit good sized run blocking hogs for the O-line.

Before Fenroy, I had been saying that UL needs to try the LA Tech method. Before LA Tech could recruit big run blockers for their line, they would grab a good QB and a few good receivers, line up 4 and 5 wideouts, and lead the nation in passing and win 6-8 games along the way, which eventually helped boost their recruiting. However, after seeing Fenroy run last year, maybe our running game does have a good chance at succeeding.
    Fenroy isn't going anywhere early, and if he does, it most likely won't work out for him. It is going to take a lot more than 3-1000yd seasons for him to leave early. And even if he has 4-1000 yd seasons at the end of his eligibility, the chances of him getting drafted are still minimal. He is a super runner, don't misinterpret me, but, he did most of his damage agaisnt the Sun Belt last year. Obviously this year is a totally different animal. The offense is more refined, he knows the team and the chemistry is set, he has 11 games under his belt, all things he didn't have at the beginning of last year. So, the point is that if he doesn't get on track until game five or six, but still rushes for 1000+, he is a good back just not a great back. If he is on track, rushing for 60, 80, 100+ yards against our tougher opponents, which might push him closer to 1500 yds than 100yds, then we can start talking about his potential greatness.

Not to mention, its just like in college basketball and how the mid-majors are catching up to the larger schools. Really good players in big time programs are more likely to leave early, which hurts the big programs because of the high turnover. Those same players in the smaller schools don't get the pub and usually stay all four years, which provides leadership, cohesiveness, etc. I expect a similar thing to happen with Fenroy and other future star Cajuns. players

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner

Your actually reversed what you would need. In pass blocking you need bigger guys than in run blocking. Look at the Denver Broncos they have made a living off of smaller quicker linemen. Also Air Force and Navy. For run blocking you want guys who can get underneath the defense and drive them back, in pass blocking you need guys with long arms who can keep the defense from being able to make moves to get into the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    That isn't going to hinder his carries as much as other backs. If it reduces the game by 10 plays, 5 offense 5 defense, 3 or 4 offensive plays are runs. If his production lacks this year, I don't think I would look to that for blame. Remember, this is mainly going to occur after kicks and turnovers and such, as i understand it.

He was the feature back for the cajuns during the last five games last year, splitting minimal carries with Harrison and a couple others. this year, Wallace will also be looking for carries and if he performs like all of you think he will (and he does have a lot of hype to live up to), then that will have a much greater impact on TF's carries

True True. But if you take a look at the numbers: If those 3 or four less plays per game would've resulted in say only 10 yards extra per game for Fenroy, multiply that times 12 that gives you 120 yards less per season. Multiply that by 3 years and it comes out to 360 less yards. What if it is those 300 + yards that he needs to break the record? I'm not disagreeing with you, I still think he'll break the record. I am just putting a possibility out there. And if this situation is the case, then I think it's awful that Fenroy wouldn't break the record all because the officials changed the rule so that more BCS teams' tv games can start on time. I hate this stinking rule.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information