Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nikita Johnson leaves Marlin's staff

1. Default Nikita Johnson leaves Marlin's staff

UL is expected to announce later today that men's basketball assistant coach Nikita Johnson, who recently completed his second season on the Ragin' Cajuns staff of head coach Bob Marlin, will not be retained. A former NCAA Division assistant ...

Default Re: Nikita Johnson leaves Marlin's staff

That took some time in being announced.

3. Default Re: Nikita Johnson leaves Marlin's staff

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    That took some time in being announced.
    I was told Nikita would be paid through the end of May, but that was before this news was made public by the school. I would hope that is still the case. He was informed he was out a week ago.

4. Default Re: Nikita Johnson leaves Marlin's staff

In the past I recall coaches who were terminated (I want to say) in January were paid through May.

In other words UL has always honored the (annual) contract.

Title is pretty misleading. Did he leave or did he get canned??

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Title is pretty misleading. Did he leave or did he get canned??
    Not his choice.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Not his choice.
    Due to what? This is not making much sense to me........

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Due to what? This is not making much sense to me........
    Just a guess, but due to not fulfilling his main responsibility on this staff...recruiting.

Multiple players forced out, now moving on to coaches... who's to blame? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    UL is expected to announce later today that men's basketball assistant coach Nikita Johnson, who recently completed his second season on the Ragin' Cajuns staff of head coach Bob Marlin, will not be retained. A former NCAA Division assistant ...

thought it was a huge hit when he left the Tech staff. He was one heck of a recruiter. hard to believe he's used up his usefulness in two seasons.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    Multiple players forced out, now moving on to coaches... who's to blame? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    No one is to blame. It will take Marlin three or four years to get HIS people and HIS players in place. Nikita just didn't work out. Seems to be a fairly common occurrence for the guy.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ChouCajunDawg View Post
    thought it was a huge hit when he left the Tech staff. He was one heck of a recruiter. hard to believe he's used up his usefulness in two seasons.
    He is available . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ChouCajunDawg View Post
    Doesn't concern you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    No one is to blame. It will take Marlin three or four years to get HIS people and HIS players in place. Nikita just didn't work out. Seems to be a fairly common occurrence for the guy.
    His people: he brought his staff in with him. So who are his people. His players: he has final call on all recruits. Only had one recruit last year not his player and he is gone. So now he's getting rid of his people to bring in more of his people. SMH. Nikita recruited Josh Brown and Kadeem Colby seemed to me like they were pretty good recruits.

15. UL Basketball Re: Nikita Johnson leaves Marlin's staff

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    First take a couple of seconds. If he were doing the job he was hired to do well would Marlin really want to run him off?

A couple of the guys asking for passes were Johnson players who were not making much of a difference. We need those scholarships for productive players. Pancake did not want here, JJ just went nuts because he was not playing as much while eing injured and ineffective, Ramon was a prolem for two years, Wallace failure was on his academic consoltant who everybody here lauded.

Look at it this way, Marlin is struggling, no excuses here, but a lot of it may simply be the perfect storm. He is not getting canned at UL in 2012-13 for anything less than NCAA issues. So he needs to do OK this year, but in his fourth year he needs a really solid season. I am buying my tickets the first day they come out, I hope to improve my seating due to apparent lack of love being showed by current fans.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information