Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does School Size Matter

Default Re: Bill Sampy to the Eagles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Land Caju
    I totally agree. We can't sit around waiting for the legislature to allow us to get additional student fees. It likely won't happen. And, even if it does, it won't raise that much additional dollars. We need to raise the money ourselves and let athletics be self-supporting. We need to quit blaming LSU for everything. The are a product of the Long era and benefited from that. It can't be changed and LSU made it work for them. So, how do we overcome what we are dealt? Like you said, get big time corporate sponsors, stadium naming rights, start an athletics funding group like TAF, continue to improve facilities, have a 5 year Plan and announce our intentions to build our program and our budget. All of this will position UL to get into C-USA and get out of SBC. For now, we have to win this conference, go to a bowl game, build excitement for our program, start the independent fund raising (especially now that we have raised $125,000,000 for academics) and then watch what we can do. We need to quit playing the victim and aggressively go after what we want.
    as far as getting an athletic foundation as TAF, from what i understand, authement won't have it because he's afraid that boosters will have too much power. its some of that ancient perspective that has held this univ. back athletically for so long! until we get rid of that dinosaur (authement-a-saurus) i'm afraid we won't make that big push athletically speaking. i wish he would realize how much having big time athletics would also boost the school academically. just my opinion.

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Bill Sampy to the Eagles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesthejeweler
    as far as getting an athletic foundation as TAF, from what i understand, authement won't have it because he's afraid that boosters will have too much power. its some of that ancient perspective that has held this univ. back athletically for so long! until we get rid of that dinosaur (authement-a-saurus) i'm afraid we won't make that big push athletically speaking. i wish he would realize how much having big time athletics would also boost the school academically. just my opinion.
    Nobody can prevent us from starting a booster organization, and I doubt he would refuse a $100,000.00 devoted to say recruiting without any strings attached. I know it would be difficult to get the business folks to back such an organization without the help of the president.

My point is that while we can point the finger, four will always come back at us.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesthejeweler
    he was referring to SIZE of the school, not its success! perhaps you should read his post againslower. so maybe YOU shouldn't take umbrage at my rebuke to the obvious fact that you're not very intelligent, just because I'M partisan!
    very impressive response in light of having only 3+ months to come up with it. keep your eye in your loop or on changing watch batteries instead of on the computer and you'll go far, idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by sonsissymia
    very impressive response in light of having only 3+ months to come up with it. keep your eye in your loop or on changing watch batteries instead of on the computer and you'll go far, idiot.
    Atypical goofball is waht you are. What makes you think he read it three months ago? I read something here from four years ago for the very first time it was new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stTake
    Atypical goofball is waht you are. What makes you think he read it three months ago? I read something here from four years ago for the very first time it was new to me.
    "waht"?

buddy, i don't really think he read it 3 months ago, but he misread what i posted, decided to insult me personally for really no reason when it wasn't even his post i responded to, and i therefore decided to quip back--the 3 month thing seemed like the best fodder for it.

stand down, officer.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom
    As long as the State Legislative has a limit on how much money we can collect from our students that can go to the athletic department, money will always be an issue.
    You are looking at the wrong end of the problem. What we charge, if any, to our students, should not be the lion's share of what our programs must feed on. We cannot expect our students to carry the load.

Money will always be an issue until our alumni and fan base supports this program and all our programs with robust season ticket sales and generous donations through thick and thin.

Quote Originally Posted by sonsissymia
    awfully tough talk for a person with the word SISSY in his name. uncoil yourself from the fetal position and take the thumb out of your mouth, my point was that the guy you responded to by saying we were the only school not to go to a bowl had nothing to do with what he posted. or do you still not get that? the question, "does school size matter?" may not be as relevant here as does brain size. catch a clue buddy. by the way, should i give YOU 3 months to respond?

UL Football Re: Bill Sampy to the Eagles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom
    As long as the State Legislative has a limit on how much money we can collect from our students that can go to the athletic department, money will always be an issue.
    Buy Season Tickets, it is the LIFEBLOOD of any SPORTS Program!!!!

Things can change, but we must change yes how we talk about ourselves, how we envision ourselves!! We must also change the way we support UL Athletics, WE must ALL buy season tickets if we are remotely able, and/or help get others to BUY Season Tickets!!!

We have to do better than 6,000 Season tickets! We must do better than 30,000 eventually, hopefully sooner than later!!!

This year Hitting 7,000 is doable, 10,000 is the goal to shoot for now!!!!

DaddyCajun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information