Thread: Interesting Stats 53 Games Each

1. Default Interesting Stats 53 Games Each

Some people are fixated on having to play ASU in the Super Regional. Granted we need to win our regional first, then almost without doubt ASU is next.

Absolutely having to take two of three from a team like ASU makes getting to the WCWS much harder, but getting to the WCWS is not the goal, only a product of the goal. The goal is winning the WCWS, and you have to face the best sooner or later. Do you really feel a lot better winning one or two games in the WCWS or getting stoped in a super regional? Either leaves a bitter taste, and I think getting to regionals, super regionals, and multiple WCWS gives you plenty of cred in recruiting battles.

Our goal, only goal is winning a WCWS, and these guys look like a road block we have to overcome. The stats are almost dead even.

Pitching:

Team ERA: UL 2.14 vs opponents 7.38 ASU 2.16 vs opponents 7.80

ACE ERA: UL 2.07 ASU 2.48

HR Allowed UL 34 opponents 66 ASU 34 opponents 77
    HR ACE UL 18 ASU 8

Team Batting
    Average: UL .342 opponents .199 ASU .343 opponents .207
    Runs: UL 430 opponetts 124 ASU 386 opponetns 117

Defense:

Fielding % : UL .973 opponents .947 ASU .978 opponents .961

SBA vs CSB: UL 102/14 .879 opponents 25/7 .871 ASU 52/8 .867 opponents 21/8 .724

Default Re: Intersting Stats 53 Games Each

One Pitch at a TimeStarts Friday vs Miss Valley St.No looking ahead ,Fans included

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Some people are fixated on having to play ASU in the Super Regional. Granted we need to win our regional first, then almost without doubt ASU is next.

Absolutely having to take two of three from a team like ASU makes getting to the WCWS much harder, but getting to the WCWS is not the goal, only a product of the goal. The goal is winning the WCWS, and you have to face the best sooner or later. Do you really feel a lot better winning one or two games in the WCWS or getting stoped in a super regional? Either leaves a bitter taste, and I think getting to regionals, super regionals, and multiple WCWS gives you plenty of cred in recruiting battles.

Our goal, only goal is winning a WCWS, and these guys look like a road block we have to overcome. The stats are almost dead even.

Pitching:

Team ERA: UL 2.14 vs opponents 7.38 ASU 2.16 vs opponents 7.80

ACE ERA: UL 2.07 ASU 2.48

HR Allowed UL 34 opponents 66 ASU 34 opponents 77
    HR ACE UL 18 ASU 8

Team Batting
    Average: UL .342 opponents .199 ASU .343 opponents .207
    Runs: UL 430 opponetts 124 ASU 386 opponetns 117

Defense:

Fielding % : UL .973 opponents .947 ASU .978 opponents .961

SBA vs CSB: UL 102/14 .879 opponents 25/7 .871 ASU 52/8 .867 opponents 21/8 .724
    Here's another comparative stat between UL and Arizona State:

Head to head runs scored- UL 9, Arizona State 2

That said, I agree with tank, we need to beat MSVU on Friday before anything else matters.

4. UL Softball Re: Intersting Stats 53 Games Each

Certaninly agree that the team needs to focus on task at hand. Having said that, we had two things talked about on this web site, and KPEL this moring. One being the poor umpire that jobed UL, and because of that we end up playing number 3 seed side which is ASU. On KPEL less than 10% of Stevie P, and Kevin Foote, and Snote were about this weeks opponents.

There is a major case of people being far more upset about where they may end up, than that the team gets to play one more time for it's home town fans, and maybe even two more week-ends with luck.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Certaninly agree that the team needs to focus on task at hand. Having said that, we had two things talked about on this web site, and KPEL this moring. One being the poor umpire that jobed UL, and because of that we end up playing number 3 seed side which is ASU. On KPEL less than 10% of Stevie P, and Kevin Foote, and Snote were about this weeks opponents.

There is a major case of people being far more upset about where they may end up, than that the team gets to play one more time for it's home town fans, and maybe even two more week-ends with luck.
    I agree with you Express!

I have a question to throw out there (Jay just started talking about it on the radio) . there are teams that are having to travel all over the country . do they get travel allowances from the NCAA?

Another note: Don't you think ASU fans are saying they are getting screwed having to play UL (if seeded teams win)?

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I agree with you Express!

I have a question to throw out there (Jay just started talking about it on the radio) . there are teams that are having to travel all over the country . do they get travel allowances from the NCAA?

Yes they do get travel allowances thus the reason that geography has played such an important role in years past. The NCAA wanted teams on buses and not on airplanes. I'd be interested to know why the change this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Yes they do get travel allowances thus the reason that geography has played such an important role in years past. The NCAA wanted teams on buses and not on airplanes. I'd be interested to know why the change this year?
    Our AD was the committee chairman. I thought they might have interviewed him on TV to ask some of these questions, but did not. Nor have I seen anything out there that questions the selections, rankings, or travel scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Our AD was the committee chairman. I thought they might have interviewed him on TV to ask some of these questions, but did not. Nor have I seen anything out there that questions the selections, rankings, or travel scenarios.
    And if history holds true you won't hear much. Most committee members and chairs have very little to say about any of it and I'm pretty confident that the NCAA probably lets them know early on not to say much. You might hear something on the travel unless it is due to Title IX issues which could be the case and if so the lawyers quelched that conversation early on.

I think many people would be surprised who sits on most of the competition committees as well. It isn't full of BCS league schools and frankly I think often times that many fans know more about the sport and teams than the committee members do.

Thread Information