Thread: It is going to be close .

1. Default It is going to be close .

. but I think the Cajuns may edge out Missouri in the RPI rankings . even if Missouri sweeps Oklahoma State today. It will come down to what happens with the RPI bonuses. Keeping them the same as last week, the Cajuns have a slight edge in Adjusted RPI (with a Missouri win today). If Georgia Tech moves into the Base RPI Top 25 (from #27) or Hofstra moves into the Base RPI Top 50 (from #51), the Cajuns will certainly finish ahead of Missouri. Only Arkansas (BRPI #53) is on the edge of a bonus tier for Missouri. They did not play this week and I do not expect them to crack the Base RPI Top 50.

If Oklahoma State pulls the upset today, it will not be close . the Cajuns will finish no lower than #13 in the RPI. The game is 0-0 B4th. Oklahoma State needs this win to be NCAA Tournament eligible. Chelsea Thomas is on the mound for Missouri.

I have the Cajuns finishing ahead of Georgia and Florida State in the RPI rankings.

The Cajuns will finish behind Louisville. I still need to work the numbers for UCLA.

Brian

Default Re: It is going to be close .

Any updates on our possible opponents in the regional after this weekends action?

3. Default Re: It is going to be close .

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Any updates on our possible opponents in the regional after this weekends action?
    I am not attempting to fill out a bracket. Just concentrating on finishing the RPI.

Brian

I don't blame you. Analyzing RPI is difficult enough. I'm just anxious for the announcement tonight.

Oklahoma state had runners at the corners with one out and the runner at third got picked off on what i guess was a double steal attempt. The next batter struck out. Still 0-0 in the bottom of the 7th.

6. UL Softball Re: It is going to be close .

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    . but I think the Cajuns may edge out Missouri in the RPI rankings . even if Missouri sweeps Oklahoma State today. It will come down to what happens with the RPI bonuses. Keeping them the same as last week, the Cajuns have a slight edge in Adjusted RPI (with a Missouri win today). If Georgia Tech moves into the Base RPI Top 25 (from #27) or Hofstra moves into the Base RPI Top 50 (from #51), the Cajuns will certainly finish ahead of Missouri. Only Arkansas (BRPI #53) is on the edge of a bonus tier for Missouri. They did not play this week and I do not expect them to crack the Base RPI Top 50.

If Oklahoma State pulls the upset today, it will not be close . the Cajuns will finish no lower than #13 in the RPI. The game is 0-0 B4th. Oklahoma State needs this win to be NCAA Tournament eligible. Chelsea Thomas is on the mound for Missouri.

I have the Cajuns finishing ahead of Georgia and Florida State in the RPI rankings.

The Cajuns will finish behind Louisville. I still need to work the numbers for UCLA.
    Extra innings in Columbia, Missouri . tied 0-0. OSU had runners on 1st and 3rd in the T7th with one out . they attempted to squeeze the runner home from third base on a double steal, but Missouri threw out the runner on third base. Why they attempted this with one out . I do not know.

Brian

7. Default Re: It is going to be close .

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Extra innings in Columbia, Missouri . tied 0-0. OSU had runners on 1st and 3rd in the T7th with one out . they attempted to squeeze the runner home from third base on a double steal, but Missouri threw out the runner on third base. Why they attempted this with one out . I do not know.

Brian
    Missouri wins 1-0 in 10 innings.

Brian

Thread Information