Thread: Land and Resource Management program

Ragin' Cajuns Land and Resource Management program

Hello to all.

I know I'm a noob here but was hoping to get some advice from those who know the school best. I've been a student at Tech but had a change of heart and now I'm looking at a transfer into UL. More specifically, into the business school's Professional Land and Resource Management program. I was hopeful that some of you on this forum are familiar with the program in some way and could tell me a little more.

I've done my research and have information that comes from the university itself but nothing really compares to first hand information from people who have been through the program or know people who have. Does the university do a good job of preparing the students for a career in this field? Also, are graduates of this program well received by potential employers? I really appreciate any light ya'll can shine on this for me.

Geaux Cajuns!

2. Default Re: Land and Resource Management program

Quote Originally Posted by cb089 View Post
    Hello to all.

I know I'm a noob here but was hoping to get some advice from those who know the school best. I've been a student at Tech but had a change of heart and now I'm looking at a transfer into UL. More specifically, into the business school's Professional Land and Resource Management program. I was hopeful that some of you on this forum are familiar with the program in some way and could tell me a little more.

I've done my research and have information that comes from the university itself but nothing really compares to first hand information from people who have been through the program or know people who have. Does the university do a good job of preparing the students for a career in this field? Also, are graduates of this program well received by potential employers? I really appreciate any light ya'll can shine on this for me.

Geaux Cajuns!

I think the program is fine, but is not necessary to have that particular degree to become a petroleum landman. A good liberal arts education with some decent math background is all that is really necessary. Very, very few practicing petroleum landman actually have a degree in the field. You probably have as many JDs doing land work as you have people who graduated in land and resource management.

Default Re: Land and Resource Management program

Quote Originally Posted by cb089 View Post
    Hello to all.

Geaux Cajuns!
    Sir: Welcome to the Cajun Nation of academics! The Moody School of Business is a highly accredited bastion of excellence. Dr Joby John is the Dean of the school and quite a gentleman. The school as an education entity is ranked in the top 20% of business schools in America and that is fact!! You may want to contact Dr John for I am sure that he would love to hear from you! Make sure you pursue the info on the academic status of U L and the direction of the school. U L has more Phd programs than tech and will soon surpass Tech in masters degrees as well. Not knocking tech but that offering is in line with the petroleum and business format at U L and a specialty! It is the best in the state. Every university has it's strengths and that program is one of them. Welcome!! U L # 337-482-1000

Thread Information