Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs. WKU (SBC Conf Game#8)

UL Softball Re: Louisiana vs. WKU (SBC Conf Game#8)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Storms in the area, we need to end this game so we are fresh tonight. WKU refuses to take an out, the pitcher throws the ball away and Murphy gets to second on a two base error.
    Radar centered over the softball stadium. Link

Louisiana 12 8 0
    Western 1 2 1
    Middle 5th

3 outs to get now!

Louisiana 12 8 0
    Western 1 4 1
    FINAL

Default Re: Louisiana vs. WKU (SBC Conf Game#8)

We play the winner of FIU and NT around 7:30ish by Steve's best guess. FIU is only marginally better for RPI considerations, so doesnt really matter. We do owe FIU a little payback for the game they took from us earlier this year.

5. Default Re: Louisiana vs. WKU (SBC Conf Game#8)

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    We play the winner of FIU and NT around 7:30ish by Steve's best guess. FIU is only marginally better for RPI considerations, so doesnt really matter. We do owe FIU a little payback for the game they took from us earlier this year.
    You said that FIU was only marginally better in RPI, going into the tourny, FIU has an RPI of 58, while UNT has an RPI of 81. With FIU defeating Troy and potentially UNT next, I would prefer to face FIU with the higher RPI, while I realize that unless we get bonus points in the top 50 it doesn't really matter, I would still prefer to face the better team in FIU.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    You said that FIU was only marginally better in RPI, going into the tourny, FIU has an RPI of 58, while UNT has an RPI of 81. With FIU defeating Troy and potentially UNT next, I would prefer to face FIU with the higher RPI, while I realize that unless we get bonus points in the top 50 it doesn't really matter, I would still prefer to face the better team in FIU.
    Also, they have a slightly better WP

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    Also, they have a slightly better WP
    And after all that, my point still remains. FIU is still the better matchup but its not a massive impact either way with one versus the other. Their impact on our RPI isnt as great as the gap between their RPI rankings. Go off their WP, not their RPI ranking for the basic comparison. If by some chance FIU lept into the top 50, then that would be on their side as well.

8. UL Softball Re: Louisiana vs. WKU (SBC Conf Game#8)

The hay is in the barn. Win out, and we host or don't. FIU or UNT will make not one lick of difference as to our chance for a host location. If it comes down to that, then it is simply straw dog the committee can use to deny us. Right now I want a regional, but we simply cannot get too ramped up about hosting. Our team has done a great job without hosting. If fact the last time we hosted we were ousted, and LSU decided they would never play us again because we were not nice, nice.

The hay is in the barn. Win out, and we host or don't. FIU or UNT will make not one lick of difference as to our chance for a host location. If it comes down to that, then it is simply straw dog the committee can use to deny us. Right now I want a regional, but we simply cannot get too ramped up about hosting. Our team has done a great job without hosting. If fact the last time we hosted we were ousted, and LSU decided they would never play us again because we were not nice, nice.
    All basically true, but we still are playing to be ranked higher. That is something we still want to achieve (highest possible ranking to avoid being paired with a very high national seed.) Playing USA in the finals will help that. Also, listening to Steve, he still feels that a National Seed is possible, though, that's a longer shot and we would need to have the committee weigh other factors heavier than RPI.

All that being said, one game at a time. All we can do is beat the pants off the teams we play now

/inb4Briandisproveseverythingiposted

Friday, May 11
    TIME EVENT LOCATION
    9:30 AM G7 - No. 3 FIU 1, No. 2 South Alabama 9 Box Score | Recap | Photos FAU Stadium
    30 minutes after conclusion
    of Game 7
    G8 - No. 5 Western Kentucky 1, No. 1 seed Louisiana 12
    (6 innings)
    Box Score | Recap | Photos FAU Stadium
    $Following game times
    are approximate:
    11:00 AM G9 - No. 7 Louisiana-Monroe vs. No. 5 seed Western Kentucky Live Stream | Live Stats | Box Score | Recap FAU Stadium
    1:30 PM G10 - No. 4 North Texas vs. No. 3 FIU Live Stream | Live Stats | Box Score | Recap FAU Stadium
    4:00 PM G11 - No. 2 South Alabama vs. Game 9 Winner Live Stream | Live Stats | Box Score | Recap FAU Stadium
    6:30 PM G12 - No. 1 seed Louisiana vs. Game 10 Winner Live Stream | Live Stats | Box Score | Recap FAU Stadium

Yeah, they need to update the times since those are all listed as eastern. They're 2 hrs behind the standard game times.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Yeah, they need to update the times since those are all listed as eastern. They're 2 hrs behind the standard game times.
    Yes, I was hoping they would.

If I understood what Brian (gonegolfin) covered on the show with Scott yesterday afternoon, based on what other teams in our area of the RPI did yesterday, he felt we'd be a top 16 seed even if we lost our next two games. We would still have a marginal shot at a National seed (top 8), but it would take a whole lot of other things going on and for the committee to make us a national seed with a 10/11 RPI. Possible, but not likely).

14. Default Re: Louisiana vs. WKU (SBC Conf Game#8)

I missed where
    Brian would be on the radio.

I try to never miss those appearances

15. UL Softball Re: Louisiana vs. WKU (SBC Conf Game#8)

Hoax give up a two out three run homer in the top of the 7th and lose to Toppers 5-3.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information