Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Timeout on UL projects, for now

1. Default Timeout on UL projects, for now

That means a temporary delay on intended major improvements to baseball, track and field/soccer and other facilities, including 40-plus-year-old Cajun Field — home of coach Mark Hudspeth's Ragin' Cajuns football team. Now, none of those .

Default Re: Timeout on UL projects, for now

I am now in the "trust but verify" mode.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I am now in the "trust but verify" mode.
    You ain't alone.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    You ain't alone.
    Ditto, but I'm glad they are getting much needed professional help! They should have done this the day HUD was hired! Good things come to those who wait and patience and doing this right because we only have one shot at this. I'll support him, but I'll be damned if this guy fools me twice!

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Ditto, but I'm glad they are getting much needed professional help! They should have done this the day HUD was hired! Good things come to those who wait and patience and doing this right because we only have one shot at this. I'll support him, but I'll be damned if this guy fools me twice!
    This is good news fellas. This is an indication that they get it. I absolutely agree with what Scott says in this article & this was well written. I am also of the trust but verify state of mind. The admission by these guys & placing this in the hands of group who can look at the BIG picture & give them a comprehensive way to tackle these projects is the way to go. Let us remember the time line however & hold the administration accountable to November deadline. This gives them almost 6 months to study & come up with a comprehensive plan that will not depend on piece mealling any longer. This is the way you do it IF you want to be a big time program. The trIck is getting results.

Exactly right BWK. You can say we shoulda did this 5 years ago we coulda did it when the oilfield was booming etc etc etc but ya know what we started it now. The wheels are in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Exactly right BWK. You can say we shoulda did this 5 years ago we coulda did it when the oilfield was booming etc etc etc but ya know what we started it now. The wheels are in motion.
    and all it took were some people to speak up that they werent satisfied, not just sit back and stay quiet

So what he said basically, is that we need a plan? Hmm, haven't we been saying that all along?!?!?!

yea this is good news to me imo. I know some may disagree but don't we want to do this right? I think Farmer and T-Joe decided they needed to take a step back and regroup before they made a big mistake. It will get done guys. patience.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    It will get done guys. patience.
    Lucy is that you?? I thought you moved out of town back in December and said you weren't coming back.

OK, it's past due, but Farmer is now publicly saying the right words. Everything he said is what we've been wanting to hear for a long time, and assumed it was happening. Now, let's see the action.

Oh, and this is a good article by Buckley. I think he is understanding some of the concerns, and is making an effort to address those in his articles.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Oh, and this is a good article by Buckley. I think he is understanding some of the concerns, and is making an effort to address those in his articles.
    I agree. Seems like he had a nice long sit down interview with Farmer in the past few days.

14. Default Re: Timeout on UL projects, for now

"Construction of a basketball practice court if the current one is relocated from the football-focused Leon Moncla Indoor Practice Facility"

I think this is a great idea.

This would allow for the new "much larger" weight room to be created in current structure. Which would still be utilized by the basketball team and all other sports programs, without the athletes feeling like they were trespassing through football territory to get there.

I would spend any money intended for a new basketball practice venue, on making Blackham a great depth perception place to practice.

I would also give the basketball program complete control of Blackham and is use dates as a way of raising funds for the program.

Reading between the lines it looks like a good way to reshuffle the order of improvements. Appears the trains with more monentum will see upgrades first.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information