Thread: UL men's soccer team holding tryouts

1. UL Soccer UL men's soccer team holding tryouts

The Louisiana men's soccer team will have tryouts for the fall semester at 2 p.m. today and Aug. 16 at 6 p.m. at Moore Park Field No. 20 for both dates.

All potential players must be current UL students. The tryouts will cost $10 per player. For more information contact Art Billingsley at 265-3937.

The source of the story

-->

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: UL men's soccer team holding tryouts today

Is this for a NEW men's soccer team?

Or is this just some club team?

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO
    Is this for a NEW men's soccer team?

Or is this just some club team?
    club team.

lots of talent though. when the day comes that UL gets a offical team its going to be one of the best, and every year

4. Default Re: UL men's soccer team holding tryouts today

My friend and I are trying out for the team. Lots of talent out there, I'm hoping I do well on wednesday and make the team. The heat at 2pm on a shadeless field was brutal yesterday. On another note, one of the coaches is the UL physicist Dr. Gary Glass, you may have read about him in La Louisiane a few months ago.

Why dont we have an official men's soccer team?

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: UL men's soccer team holding tryouts today

We would have to add another woman's sport to add a men's soccer team, because of Title IX.

7. Default Re: UL men's soccer team holding tryouts today

Quote Originally Posted by geo_cajun
    My friend and I are trying out for the team. Lots of talent out there, I'm hoping I do well on wednesday and make the team. The heat at 2pm on a shadeless field was brutal yesterday. On another note, one of the coaches is the UL physicist Dr. Gary Glass, you may have read about him in La Louisiane a few months ago.
    Gary Glass, doesn't he have a son with the same name? If so I played for that guy when I was little. We need to have a schedule of when they play, I'd definitly try to get out there.

Tuffguy

I played for a little while last year. Had to quit because of work and school, and it was just too much, but it is fun and competitive. Its not exactly as organized as I would have liked it to be, but Art is trying to get it to that level. Good luck to everyone trying out.

Quote Originally Posted by studentfan
    We would have to add another woman's sport to add a men's soccer team, because of Title IX.
    I thought that was the rule but I wasnt sure.

Default Re: UL men's soccer team holding tryouts

Solets put together a women's swim/diving team. They can compete in conference and attract alot of male fans.

Then we can have an official men's teamwith so many great players out of Acadiana, Lafayette, and STM attending our school we would do pretty well with local talent. I would love to have men's soccer in the Sun Belt. (WKU, FIU, FAU, Denver, and the Cajuns could all compete for a championship)

FIU has produced several MLS starswouldn't that be great!!

Of courseit would take a BIGGER athletic budget.

Thread Information