Thread: UL Softball Leaps One Spot in Rankings, Crack Top Five in Coaches Poll

1. Default UL Softball Leaps One Spot in Rankings, Crack Top Five in Coaches Poll

The Ragin’ Cajuns softball team cracked the top five for the first time this season coming in at No. 5 in the USA Today/NFCA Division I Top 25 in this week’s poll, which was released on Tuesday.

Homes SO Clean

2. Default Re: UL Softball Leaps One Spot in Rankings, Crack Top Five in Coaches Poll

What was our all-time leading rank???

Default Re: UL Softball Leaps One Spot in Rankings, Crack Top Five in Coaches Poll

Georgia takes 2 out of 3 against lsu last week and both move up in polls. lsu 23 - 22 in USA poll and Georgia 12 - 11.......in the ESPN poll lsu 25 - 24 and Georgia 15 - 12.......let's wipe each other so we can go up in polls......

Default Re: UL Softball Leaps One Spot in Rankings, Crack Top Five in Coaches Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Georgia takes 2 out of 3 against lsu last week and both move up in polls. lsu 23 - 22 in USA poll and Georgia 12 - 11.......in the ESPN poll lsu 25 - 24 and Georgia 15 - 12.......let's wipe each other so we can go up in polls......
    When LSU beat Florida last week (and lost by 1 run) my first thought was that Florida was over-rated, then Kentucky goes and beats Florida 2 of 3 in Gainesville. Now LSU loses 2 of 3 at home to Georgia and they both move up in polls like you said. The voters are voting what they want to believe in their mind. I think the SEC is soft(er) than recent years this season but I also think the game is becoming more competitive across all conferences, sure the SEC is going to beat up on the scrubs they play but now they can't seem to decide who's top dog because it seems like all of these teams have weaknesses. Not enough pitching. Tennessee is pulling it together and they have two great arms. Bama is in trouble after Traina, they'll survive a regional but it could get tough. Florida can't hit against good pitching apparently. This will be a very interesting post season. If the Cajuns can avoid Cal and ASU, anything can happen.

You mean like when we avoided ASU to the tune of a 9-2 victory.

6. Default Re: UL Softball Leaps One Spot in Rankings, Crack Top Five in Coaches Poll

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    You mean like when we avoided ASU to the tune of a 9-2 victory.
    Yes, we handled them at the Judi Garman Classic. But that does not mean I would like to see them before the WCWS. They are very good and very dangerous. I would like to see Cal even less.

Brian

And I am sure they would like to avoid the Cajuns. I am sure if you asked the Lotiefs or the team they would not want to avoid anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    And I am sure they would like to avoid the Cajuns. I am sure if you asked the Lotiefs or the team they would not want to avoid anyone.
    I don't think it's an "avoid". I think it's more of a "defer"...

Thread Information