Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Football Season Tickets

1. UL Football Football Season Tickets

Does anyone know when season tickets will be mailed out?

UL Football Help Build Louisiana, Buy Season Tickets and Geaux to the Games!!!

Some suggestions and some observations! No particular order but they must happen!

For those of us that are Blessed enough to be able to afford Season Tickets to Louisiana Sports, we MUST go out of our way to BUY them!!! Do it NOW!!!

We are somewhere near 1000 season tickets up from last year, this is good, it will be better!!!

I wonder HOW many registered LOUISIANA Fans are on this and the Delphi board? I understand some are in school or just out of school or between jobs, or struggling to rebuild after Katrina/Rita, or just cannot afford Season tickets, and for those I understand and this is not directed to you at this time(hope you are able to get your finances back in order soon, best of luck)!

IF ALL Louisiana Fans on Ragin Pagin/Delphi that are truely able would BUY Season Tickets and get Friends and Family to do the same we could easily spike season ticket sales to over 10,000+!!!!

Consider Buying Louisiana Ragin Cajun Season Tickets Today and be a TRUE part of Growing LOUISIANA'S Football and Athletic Programs!!!! We can make a difference by buying season tickets and/or getting FRIENDS and FAMILY to do the same!!

Students do need to get more into THEIR College experience, and Geaux to the Games!!!

The longer we wait the longer it will take to get where we want Louisiana to get!! To see the type of difference we want to see, WE must step up now and not wait for Bustle and his players to do it all! Yes winning will bring in Fans, but Paid Up Season Tickets allow for more advertising, Recruiting, Facility enchancement($2/ticket earmarked for this)!!

Thanks in Advance From Present and Future Ragin Cajuns
    DaddyCajun

Default Re: Help Build Louisiana, Buy Season Tickets and Geaux to the Games!!!

My dad just changed jobs and will most likely be off on weekends now so I am trying to talk him into buying a few season tickets.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Help Build Louisiana, Buy Season Tickets and Geaux to the Games!!!

Don't forget the Young Ragin Cajun Club. $50.00 get any kid of 2-16 years of age into any regularly scheduled home game. Not just football, but MBB, Soccer, Volleyball, WBB, Softball, Tennis & Baseball

Best entertainment value.

These kids can't drive. Parents will have to get them there and perhaps buy tickets. HMMMMMMMMMMMM. There's a thought.

Default Re: Help Build Louisiana, Buy Season Tickets and Geaux to the Games!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gorcajun
    Don't forget the Young Ragin Cajun Club. $50.00 get any kid of 2-16 years of age into any regularly scheduled home game. Not just football, but MBB, Soccer, Volleyball, WBB, Softball, Tennis & Baseball

These kids can't drive. Parents will have to get them there and perhaps buy tickets. HMMMMMMMMMMMM. There's a thought.
    YRCC membership went up a bit to $60. Still a good deal for a family with a few children. It helped me out a lot, cause we had six. The best part is that from that experience of going to athletic events, five of the six attended and graduated from UL. The sixth wound up being our "child in exile" in that he commenced at UL but transferred to McNeese. However, he supports UL, attends our athletic events when his beloved Cowboys are not at home, and endures some good natured ribbing from his brothers and sisters.

UL Football Re: Help Build Louisiana, Buy Season Tickets and Geaux to the Games!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gorcajun

The cost now is $60.00/ticket!

DaddyCajun

Default Season Tickets Sales Up

Season ticket sales or now up by 1,000 tickets (6,000 total) over last year as reported by Gerald last night at Progress in UL Athletics presentation meeting.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Season Tickets Sales Up

Quote Originally Posted by UL Ragin Cajun
    Season ticket sales or now up by 1,000 tickets (6,000 total) over last year as reported by Gerald last night at Progress in UL Athletics presentation meeting.
    Did Gerald talk about anything else? Drop a line as to the highlights he spoke about!

DaddyCajun

Default Re: Season Tickets Sales Up

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Did Gerald talk about anything else? Drop a line as to the highlights he spoke about!

DaddyCajun
    The meeting was last night at the new museum and it started at 5:30. Most of the people there were boosters or potential boosters. It was designed to inform these people of the progress of the athletic department and also to inform them of upcoming projects that need their assistance. Here is how it is described in the Athletic Initiatives & Progress Report.

Corporate leaders (from various businesses) are organizing and hosting Progress in UL Athletics presentation meetings. At these meetings UL fans and supporters are seeing a power point presentation on the progress being made in UL Athletics. To schedule this presentation for your civic club meeting, call the UL Office of Development a (337) 482-0922.

I asked Gerald if they could put the PowerPoint presentation, that he used, up on the website so that everyone here could take a look at it. It should be available probably Monday. I hope everyone takes a close look at it because I think it is impressive to see what is taking place with UL athletics.

Gerald made it very clear that we are no where near where we need to be but that things are much better now than they were 4 years ago when he started. He said (not exactly as he said it of course) that we have an tremendous opportunity with UL athletics for several reasons population, culture, resources, etc He said (not exactly) that he wants to give UL fans a program to be proud of and that he is working to give us all of the things that we have been asking for. He said that there is no secret on how to do this and that it's not going to be easy.

There were many things discussed but I think the main thing that he wanted everyone to know is that from this point on the fans, public, etc. will be informed of the progress of the department. That is why we now have so much more info about what is going on than we did before like season ticket sales, financial donations, etc

Gerald said (not exactly) that one of his short therm goals was to get football season ticket sales up to a minimum of 15,000 which is not satisfactory but better than it is now. He also said (not exactly) that he is very close to solidifying UL's first ever 7 digit donation, and if I remember correctly there may even be 3 of them on the table. He also said (not exactly) that the sign at the intersection of Bertrand and Congress will begin construction soon.

Regarding the conference he said (not exactly) that before we can expect to get into a new conference that we need to dominate the one that we're in. It's not a matter of wanting to be in a certain conference it's if the conference wants us. If I remember correctly he said that when he first got here 4 years ago we only won 1 confernce championship and 4 years later we won 5 and very close to winning 7. He said again that we have made some progress but we are still not where we want to be.

There were so many more things discussed that I just can't remember them all. Gerald told me after the meeting that there are no secrets and that if there is a question about the program he will give the answer if he knows it.

Please note that these things that Gerald said are as I remember them from the meeting and not exactly said the way Gerald said them. If anyone else was at the meeting please feel free to add to this.

Default Re: Season Tickets Sales Up

Quote Originally Posted by UL Ragin Cajun
    Thanks for posting this information. Those of us who live more than 2 hours away, and can rarely get over to Lafayette, really appreciate your help. Gerald has been a God-send to this university. More than what he has helped obtain for UL, I hope he inspires dozens of "new Geralds" to appear. That is what we really need. If we have to rely on just one person of his character and ability, what will we do when he is no longer there? Thanks to Gerald for all he does for our alma mater!

11. UL Football Season Tickets

Does anyone know when Season Tickets will be mailed out? I'm a bit anxious to get mine.

Default Re: Season Tickets

If remember correctly, they should be mailed out tomorrow (September 1).

Default Re: Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by nfontenot
    Does anyone know when Season Tickets will be mailed out? I'm a bit anxious to get mine.
    Should be first week of september

Default Season Ticket Update

Season ticket sales as of Friday 9-8-06:

6,206 Tickets

15. Support Re: Season Ticket Update

Great news.

I hope this benchmark helps lead to bona fide ticket drives in the future.

Geaux Cajuns

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information