Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL vs T A&M

Default Re: crow

Quote Originally Posted by srevere51
    I think we need to get rid of the no huddle offense/defense. No one is held accountable, no one saying "BABB calm down" or Adams, wrap up. No support from the PLAYERS on the team.THE PLAYERS HAVE TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER. Because of this, we are not a TEAM but individuals on a team. Also, how can we expect to have any confidence in Babb or Desormeaux if they cant make audibles from the field? Nothing aggravated me more then the stupid audibles from the sideline. I love Louisiana till the end, and i will always support them,however we are about to have a need for change. I did not like that no one really got on the players when mistakes, instead bustle patted a few of the defense on the back as if a 40-something point loss is acceptable. I hate to say it but the play calling looked as if BOBBY GREEN were calling them. you have to pass to open the run, running 11 pass plays wont do it.
    desormeaux completes his first pass. Didnt run another till much later.

One plus side to the game, when we had prety much the second team defense in the game, we tackled ALOT better, wrapping up and making better decisions. Other then that not much else to be positive about.

The O-line got manhandled. We also cant catch anything. First thing first, we need to get the Oline to get their blocks right and give babb more time to react, then our WR's need to make an occassional play to get pull players off the line. aTm played with 7-8 in the box ALL night, but we didnt beat them, we couldent beat them with our WR's. I think its the week 2 jinx.

Tuffguy

2. UL Football Long road ahead for UL

Instant replay is now a fact of life in college football, but the first two weekends aren't the kind of replay that the University of Louisiana team needed.

For the second time in as many games, a lack of productivity on both sides of the ball put the Cajuns out of the picture well before the halftime horn. On Saturday, Texas A&M took full advantage of those lacks.

"We just got overwhelmed," said Cajun coach Rickey Bustle after his team's 51-7 loss to the Aggies. "We got beat one-on-one everywhere."

The films might have given a little brighter picture on Sunday. But, then again, maybe not.

A&M scored touchdowns the first four times it touched the football. The Aggies weren't stopped on a third down until their last drive before halftime. Only twice in the entire game did A&M have a possession that didn't wind up with points.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

3. UL Football Cajuns to nurse wounds after loss

When the Texas A&M faithful lock arms and start singing the Aggie War Hymn, Kyle Field shakes like one of those motion simulators. It's a virtual E-ticket ride at Disney World.

The University of Louisiana football team's pretty shaken themselves. That'll happen when you've lost back-to-back games by a combined 96-10 score, and neither game was that close.

Last week's 45-3 loss at LSU could have been predicted, since the Tigers were coming off an 11-win season and were ranked eighth nationally.

Saturday's 51-7 loss to the Aggies wasn't expected. A&M had a losing season last year and wasn't overly impressive in its opener one week earlier, despite winning 35-3 over Division I-AA The Citadel.

Expected or not, it was an old-fashioned butt kicking, the kind that leaves you looking for something, anything to turn into a positive.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffguy21
    The O-line got manhandled. We also cant catch anything. First thing first, we need to get the Oline to get their blocks right and give babb more time to react, then our WR's need to make an occassional play to get pull players off the line. aTm played with 7-8 in the box ALL night, but we didnt beat them, we couldent beat them with our WR's. I think its the week 2 jinx.

Tuffguy
    The thing that I noticed that I think needs to change is stay with one group on the oline. Fisher and Ramos rotate and Bustle and Coleman rotate.Oline is a position where you need unity and you don't get that by rotating guys in and out.

Default This just in

Tex A&M just scored again

Default Re: This just in

Quote Originally Posted by Mineshaft
    Tex A&M just scored again
    And you're still an A hole

Default Re: This just in

Well, that was predictable.

Default Re: UL-TexAM updates?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel
    Wow dude.

Just curious, and I hope you will be honest with me.

Why do you find it necessary to go on another team's message baord just to insult them and kick them while they are down? I mean, why would you take so much time and effort out of your own life to be so cruel towards another group of human beings?

Also, why do you take such pride in being a "known troublemaker" like the message under your screename suggests? Why do you take so much pleasure in hurting others?

I look forward to your honest reply.
    It's because we're always mentioning State in every thread. Just like this one, right?

I'll take my crow in a gumbo, please. Failing that, a good brown gravy over rice will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    Most guys/girls on this board will support this team to the end because we believe but these players need to really start believing in themselves. Durign the Spring and Fall practice they were walking with a swagger and I just don't believe they have that same feel right now. They need to get a fire lit and knock some heads.
    You hit the nail on the head. They should have been working harder instead of walking around with a swagger. They have a lot more to accomplish than to beat a few Sun Belt teams to deserve to crow about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Ditto, Clutch!! I am feeling in the words of J-Bird, discombopulated!!!

As for as the facilities and the way the program is going I am still good, but this team has to kick it into high gear and lay it on the line!!!

Other Sunbelt schools played equal or better competition ie Troy vs FlaSt and it went down to the wire. FAU was up 20 to 6 for the longest and lost 20-21(I think), ULM gave Kansas all they wanted for a while, North Texas beat SMU, WE ARE SLACKING TO SAY THE LEAST!!!

DaddyCajun
    right on! and it starts at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by srevere51
    I think we need to get rid of the no huddle offense/defense. No one is held accountable, no one saying "BABB calm down" or Adams, wrap up. No support from the PLAYERS on the team.THE PLAYERS HAVE TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER. Because of this, we are not a TEAM but individuals on a team. Also, how can we expect to have any confidence in Babb or Desormeaux if they cant make audibles from the field? Nothing aggravated me more then the stupid audibles from the sideline. I love Louisiana till the end, and i will always support them,however we are about to have a need for change. I did not like that no one really got on the players when mistakes, instead bustle patted a few of the defense on the back as if a 40-something point loss is acceptable. I hate to say it but the play calling looked as if BOBBY GREEN were calling them. you have to pass to open the run, running 11 pass plays wont do it.
    desormeaux completes his first pass. Didnt run another till much later.

One plus side to the game, when we had prety much the second team defense in the game, we tackled ALOT better, wrapping up and making better decisions. Other then that not much else to be positive about.
    Good post. Telling it like it is.

Default Re: UL-TexAM updates?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel
    Wow dude.

Just curious, and I hope you will be honest with me.

Why do you find it necessary to go on another team's message baord just to insult them and kick them while they are down? I mean, why would you take so much time and effort out of your own life to be so cruel towards another group of human beings?

Also, why do you take such pride in being a "known troublemaker" like the message under your screename suggests? Why do you take so much pleasure in hurting others?

I look forward to your honest reply.
    I've bled Vermilion and White all my life but the "DUDE" is right. We suck in football and that's that. We're in the worst Division I conference bar none. Not one draftee from the Sun Belt last year. That should tell you something.

Default Re: Possible Break for the Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun
    He got well fast and played well.

Ha hagood one.

15. Default Re: Possible Break for the Cajuns

A worse showng than 2002 we are going backwards

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information