Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL vs T A&M

1. Default Re: crow

good game guys!

Default Re: UL-TexAM updates?

Listening to the game was hard. We sounded horrible. Bustle needs to light a fire under some butts.

It really hurts right now. It hurts to here a score like this. with the potential our program has to be great!

Default Re: crow

Quote Originally Posted by AggieGuy
    good game guys!
    I hope you were joking.

I was just trying to raise your spirits.you know, the whole sportsmanship deal. To be honest though, I have not a positive thing to say about the way yall played in this game. Met some of your fans though.nice guys!

I was just trying to raise your spirits.you know, the whole sportsmanship deal. To be honest though, I have not a positive thing to say about the way yall played in this game. Met some of your fans though.nice guys!
    I don't have a positive thing to say either. I am very hurt and disappointed by the performance. It's hard to keep defending my team and telling everyone how good I think our team is when Saturday rolls around and they make me eat my words. I will never quit supporting my team but it just hurts after games like this.

That is the spirit! The best sports fan is the one that never loses hope and never stops supporting his teammuch respect

Quote Originally Posted by theragincajun06
    It really hurts right now. It hurts to here a score like this. with the potential our program has to be great!
    I know we have talent because you see what they can do.but we it is as inconsistent as it has been something has to be done. Coach needs to light a fire and work these guys harder than he has ever worked them to get their heads ready to beat up on some teams.

I hate these money games for that reason. If we had a easy game week 1 and won and had more confidence going into this A&M game things might have been different. These money games just kill confidence.

That is the spirit! The best sports fan is the one that never loses hope and never stops supporting his teammuch respect
    I love the Cajuns to death. They could go 0-12 and I'd still be a Cajuns fan. just a VERY UPSET FAN lol.

I had to work tonight. I went to the game last week @ LSU and I think we walked away with some positives. I was told by many on the team that this game would be close. guarenteed by some fans we'd keep it within 14 and had some people tell me we would win.

I looked over all the stats and I'm just speechless. I just don't know really what to say. I just hope some things get fixed fast. We got a tough conference this year.

Most guys/girls on this board will support this team to the end because we believe but these players need to really start believing in themselves. Durign the Spring and Fall practice they were walking with a swagger and I just don't believe they have that same feel right now. They need to get a fire lit and knock some heads.

UL Football Re: UL-TexAM updates?

Yes this hurts in more ways than one. As a fan it is gutrenching! As a potential fan is seems as more same oh same oh! A fire MUST be lit, like one of the California forest fires, these guys just do not seem to be in it mentally and are gettin WAXED physically!!

DaddyCajun:o

It was tough to be at this game and try to stay positive about anything honestly. Against LSU, we had our moments but it was just incredibly apparent that we were getting beat by a few key big plays by much better athletes. Against A&M, we were outmatched physically, but it just didn't seem like the same kind of effort was there. Some guys played hard.even though his stats were horrendous, it was clear that Babb was giving it 100% to make something happen. And Desormeaux provided a little spark for a while. Fenroy didn't get much time, and Wallace is going to be as good as advertised.

What it came down to for me though, was that we just don't seem to be playing the same kind of football that we did to end last year. We're still trying to run a lot, but the misdirections in the option reads aren't as crisp or balanced as they were, and we're definitely throwing the ball more. Now, I know a lot of that has to do with being down 41 and 47 points, respectively, in consecutive weeks. It's why I hate these money games. If we could have opened with a smaller school at home and then played one or two of these, just so that players would have confidence, even if they got smashed by these big teams, that they still knew they could succeed, it would have done a lot to improve our psyche I believe. It's the same thing in basketball. We don't have the budget to schedule the teams that we want to schedule yearly, so we always open up with these brutal early schedules in all our sports to make enough money to survive, get creamed, and we end up having to rely on the idea that it'll all come together when conference play kicks in.

I'm still behind the team 100%, though. I was prepared to open up 0-2, because these are good teams, and on a different level athletically. And we got off to a terrible start last year before righting the ship. I think we'll get on track much earlier this year and they'll perform to the level we all know they can, starting with NC A&T in two weeks. After that we get good tests against teams that have a very similar talent level to ours in Eastern Michigan and Houston. I think we'll win two of those games, three if we're back to feeling good about ourselves going into the Houston game. And, if the worst happens and we have a losing record in those 3 games, then we have a bye week after non-conference to clear our heads and get ourselves mentally and physically ready for the Sun Belt.

UL Football Re: crow

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    I don't have a positive thing to say either. I am very hurt and disappointed by the performance. It's hard to keep defending my team and telling everyone how good I think our team is when Saturday rolls around and they make me eat my words. I will never quit supporting my team but it just hurts after games like this.
    Ditto, Clutch!! I am feeling in the words of J-Bird, discombopulated!!!

As for as the facilities and the way the program is going I am still good, but this team has to kick it into high gear and lay it on the line!!!

Other Sunbelt schools played equal or better competition ie Troy vs FlaSt and it went down to the wire. FAU was up 20 to 6 for the longest and lost 20-21(I think), ULM gave Kansas all they wanted for a while, North Texas beat SMU, WE ARE SLACKING TO SAY THE LEAST!!!

DaddyCajun

Ragin' Cajuns Re: crow

Thanks for that. Believe me it isn't easy to swollow this type of defeats. Wish we could have made it a sporting event instead of a slaughter.
    Sorry Cajun fans but let's face it we are in trouble ALREADY.

Geaux Cajuns,

See ya'll at the NC A&T game.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux
    And, if the worst happens and we have a losing record in those 3 games, then we have a bye week after non-conference to clear our heads and get ourselves mentally and physically ready for the Sun Belt.
    If we go 1-4, we'd have to win out to be bowl eligible not an ideal situation.
    Great post, though.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information