Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL vs T A&M

Default Re: Why we will beat the Aggies

Quote Originally Posted by AggieCajun06
    Hmm, those are all interesting reasons that UL will beat the Aggies, however misguided they might be. I just graduated from A&M and now attend UL, but make no mistake, I wear maroon on saturdays. I wish UL the best until they play the Aggies, and whoever thinks that UL can compete with the kind of athletes A&M has just needs to ask Rickey Bustle how the Cajun's match up athletically. Any player on scholarship at A&M, ANY player could come to UL and dominate the Sun Belt Conference.

UUUUhhhhhhI have to call bull.sh.t on that. Lets be clear. YOU AIN'T LSU.

I used AINT so you'd understand. Its a hick way of saying "aren't".

Fetch me some of that choc-van-straw swirl, bluebell boy!

L'Ronte'

Thanks for speaking a language I can understand. Although, since I have been to both schools I will tell you that academically A&M is far more challenging than UL has been. That's a discussion for another time a place though. I would attempt to put that into a language you could understand but I can't type inaudible words.

3. Default Re: Why we will beat the Aggies

Quote Originally Posted by Reeses0917
    The reason this was done was to save the merchandise. Replacing the windows was cheaper than fixing all of the holes in the brick and metal.
    This is free advice, please forward to "old army lou" . . .

As soon as the glass breaks the parachute plywood will blow inward faster than you can imagine. Perhaps if it was installed with screws it will last a litttle longer, nails don't stand a chance.

If he did install the plywood with screws, I hope none of the merchandise is on the floor as the interior of the store will surely flood.

OK I did my good deed, any advice on how UL can top the Aggies?

Thanks for speaking a language I can understand. Although, since I have been to both schools I will tell you that academically A&M is far more challenging than UL has been. That's a discussion for another time a place though. I would attempt to put that into a language you could understand but I can't type inaudible words.
    I guess it depends on your major. You aren't the only one who's been to both schools.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm an engineering major at UL, and it's tough, but go through that at A&M and it's just a different world. I have no reason to discount my own education, I think UL is a fine institution, I just don't think someone should say an Aggie is uneducated, if you have been to both schools you see my point.

Default Re: Realistic expectations for 9/9/06

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1
    Just out of curiosity.

Can you name even one single player on your team that warranted a scholarship offer from a major program?

And, NO, La Tech isn't a what I'd call a major program.
    terrel fenroy had offers from ole miss and miss state, korey raymond originally signed with auburn , deion wallace hade offers from kansas state and i want to say tA&M may have been looking at deion also. Brandon cox could play o-line for just about anybody in the country. I'm sure there are more players with big time offers that i do not know about. That also has nothing to do with what happens on the field.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm an engineering major at UL, and it's tough, but go through that at A&M and it's just a different world. I have no reason to discount my own education, I think UL is a fine institution, I just don't think someone should say an Aggie is uneducated, if you have been to both schools you see my point.
    I have two engineering bachelor's degrees from UL and am working on a master's at TAMU in one of their signature areas (transportation engineering). Any difference I can tell between the difficulty of the two can be attributed to undergrad vs. grad schools. There are better resources available at TAMU and it's really great to be taught by (and work with) some of the giants in the field, but I don't find their classes to be difficult in and of themselves. Like I said, it is primarily just the undergrad vs. grad workload difference. There are a couple of civil professors at UL (one of whom just retired) who could work a student over unlike anything I've seen at TAMU so far.

And no, I'd never call an A&M engineering grad uneducated. I'll be proud to earn a master's from A&M, even though I'll always be a Ragin' Cajun. I'm sure you understand.

Completely, you're in a good spot. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    I have two engineering bachelor's degrees from UL and am working on a master's at TAMU in one of their signature areas (transportation engineering). Any difference I can tell between the difficulty of the two can be attributed to undergrad vs. grad schools. There are better resources available at TAMU and it's really great to be taught by (and work with) some of the giants in the field, but I don't find their classes to be difficult in and of themselves. Like I said, it is primarily just the undergrad vs. grad workload difference. There are a couple of civil professors at UL (one of whom just retired) who could work a student over unlike anything I've seen at TAMU so far.

And no, I'd never call an A&M engineering grad uneducated. I'll be proud to earn a master's from A&M, even though I'll always be a Ragin' Cajun. I'm sure you understand.
    sorry cdebsometimes my 3rd grade edjucashun hangs me out to dry.

can anyone here go get me sum icecream?

L'Ronte'

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico
    sorry cdebsometimes my 3rd grade edjucashun hangs me out to dry.

can anyone here go get me sum icecream?

L'Ronte'
    Come to College Station this weekend. Brenham is a 45 minute drive. Oh, except Blue Bell is closed on the weekends.

Oh well, you can always go to Walmart and fight off the hordes buying State gear.

Just out of curiosity.

Can you name even one single player on your team that warranted a scholarship offer from a major program?

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com.1&pr_key=35896

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com.1&pr_key=38312

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com.1&pr_key=37317

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com.1&pr_key=40496

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com.1&pr_key=38269

we got more, but my fingers were getting tired

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com.1&pr_key=29262

Just out of curiosity.

Crazycajun and ronmexico named a few but heres a few more

Derrick Smith - Wisconsin
    Lamar Morgan - Georgia Tech
    Matt Ulm - Southern Miss.
    John Hundley - Ole Miss. and Southern Miss. showed interest
    Gerren Bllout - was shown interest by Texas Tech

UL Football Re: Realistic expectations for 9/9/06

Just out of curiosity.

Mike Desomeaux turned down Mississppi State.

UL Football Re: Why we will beat the Aggies

Quote Originally Posted by aggie03
    I hope some of your co-eds travel to the game.

I hope your team plays well, but it will take a lot of things to go your way for you to win. Do you really think there will be 4 fumbles again?

Good luck, and I hope to see you at the tailgating before the game and at The Dixie Chicken after the game.
    The Dixie Chicken is a legend. If you do travel for the game, make it a must do on the trip.

College Staion/Bryan is/are nice town(s). They should just name it the same thing (another topic). Kyle Field is one of the stadiums on the "must see a game at" list. On all of my visits the locals have been very nice to this coonass.

I was very surprised at this little know fact: "had a poverty rate of 44% in 2005 -- the highest number among small-to-midsize cities -- but so, too, did College Station, Texas, home of Texas A&M University. "That's very surprising," said Jim Gaines, an economist with the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M."

http://articles.news.aol.com/busines.30084509990001

15. Default Re: Why we will beat the Aggies

Quote Originally Posted by bmcollect
    The Dixie Chicken is a legend. If you do travel for the game, make it a must do on the trip.

College Staion/Bryan is/are nice town(s). They should just name it the same thing (another topic). Kyle Field is one of the stadiums on the "must see a game at" list. On all of my visits the locals have been very nice to this Pure Cajun.

I was very surprised at this little know fact: "had a poverty rate of 44% in 2005 -- the highest number among small-to-midsize cities -- but so, too, did College Station, Texas, home of Texas A&M University. "That's very surprising," said Jim Gaines, an economist with the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M."

http://articles.news.aol.com/busines.30084509990001
    That poverty rate is actually including the 40,000+ students in the town. With the students making up somewhere around half the town and many not making $15,000 a year, it is quite easy to get that statistic. We are also one of the top 10 most educated cities in the countrygo figure we would also be one of the poorest

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread Information