Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL vs T A&M

Default Re: UL/A&M tickets

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee
    Looking forward to it?

And I know I am revisting this, but can someone clarify the ability to sell beer for NCAA stadiums without starting a fiasco? What does UH's stadium have that we don't? Thanks!

insurance. and lots of it

From the Delphi Forum:

A&M tickets are in. 52 bucks a piece, and can be purchased with check or cash only at cajundome. Visitors section is the same- section 149

UL Football Re: UL/A&M tickets

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    From the Delphi Forum:

A&M tickets are in. 52 bucks a piece, and can be purchased with check or cash only at cajundome. Visitors section is the same- section 149
    Realy $52.00 per ticket in a poor section. That is more than an NFL game. Ouch, I was thinking of making the trip, and while it is a bit of a bite, somehow it just looks out of line with other things that have gone up.

Those Aggies better be gittin top dollar on their diplomas.

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    From the Delphi Forum:

thanks CDEB!

Ragin' Cajuns Need a Ragin Cajun Polo Shirt before the Aggie Game

Just joined the site. Gotta say, I wish I found this sooner. Here a bit of history: Grad on UL 2001, transferred to New Orleans, Katrina hit and moved in temporarily with my parents in Lafayette, married another Ragin Cajun in Nov, then got transferred to Houston,Bought a house across the street from 2 die hard Aggies.

We have become pretty good friends now. Sowe will be going with them to the game in College Station.they have a camper and alllike I said DIE HARD!

I am trying to find a Red Polo style shirt. I definitely want to show who I will be pulling for. The only problem is that I can't find anything online. I figure there is a lot for sale in Lafayette, but I am not aware of anything in Houston.

Do any of you know of a online site where I can get one? Any help would be great.

As Always.GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

Default Re: Need a Ragin Cajun Polo Shirt before the Aggie Game

here you go

http://www.ragincajungear.com/produc.roducts_id=116

was that what you were looking for?

Default Re: Need a Ragin Cajun Polo Shirt before the Aggie Game

YES, I am ordering it now!! Thanks so much!!

8. UL Football Texas A&M game 2006

First off, i am very excited to have the cajuns coming back to College Station, the fans of uUL have always been very nice and an overall good bunch.

Onto the game. Last week both teams were in mismatches, and both did about as expected. ULL played a very tough lsu team and it came out about as most predicted. A&M played citadel and ran into problems but still controlled every aspect of the game.

THis game should tell each team a lot about themselves. Most aggies expect to win by about 3 touchdowns, and UL expects to hang around and have a chance to win.

The matchups seem favorable to the aggie squad mainly because of size and speed, but they will have to fix the problems on offense and defense if they do want to win by 3 or more touchdowns.

Here is a small breakdown of the aggie team

Quaterback - Stephen McGee will be starting his 3rd overall game. He has a record of 1-1 as a starter and has run for 3 touchdowns and thrown for 1 in those two games. Last year he was a run first throw in long down situations QB. He is expected to revert back to his HS days (where he set the texas record for career td passes) and be a more balanced passer/runner. Decent speed, and as hardnose as they come. Took the national champions to the wire last year.

Runningback- The two headed monster of Jorvorskie Lane and Courtney Lewis return after good seasons as does backup brandon leone. Newcomer michael goodson was a top recruit and showed brilliance in his carries against citadel, although fumbled twice. Courtney is a slasher and has great speed and Lane is a 275lb bruiser with linebacker speed. Expect all these guys to run the triple shotgun option with mcgee, as well as a few of center plays for lane.

Recievers- Led by three guys lost to injury last year, the aggie recieving corps is stout. Shroeder (ankle)had 100 yrds against the citadel, and before being hurt last year was known as a touchdown machine after scoring a TD the first 5 times he touched the ball in 05. Taylor (ankle) is brother of new york giant and former aggie wr jamar taylor. He is big and has great speed. Biggest play of career was probably the fake punt taken for a td against OU in 04. Riley (knee) missed all of 05 but is a big threat. Hands like glue and a 6'4 235 frame. Not a burner but not slow. Onto the newish guys. Brown and Morrow are both sophomores with amazing speed but have been known for drops. Beyer graduated early and participated in spring drills, has good hands and good speed, but also is a true freshman. EJ shankle is a true freshman with great speed, but mainly will be a ST guy.

Tight Ends - Top TE recruit in the nation last year, Martellus returns after a great freshman season as a large threat. He is 6'7 with great speed on the field and basketball court. Has great chemistry with mcgee and is an underated blocker. Joey Thomas is a 6'5 big guy, with ok speed and good hands. Blocking was suspect last year, but we have heard great things from fall camp.

Oline- returns 4 of 5 starters from a squad that dominated the OU and UT Dlines. They are large, and young, and will continue to improve in time. Very deep, probably strength of the team.

Kicker- Matt Szymanski graduated a year early and immediatly enrolled at a&m as a 17 year old this summer. Turned 18 and won starting spot. 5/5 on xp this year and 0/1 on a 45 yard field goal that he pusherd right. Kickoffs wherever he is told, can go high in the air to the 2 yrd line or can kick it out of the endzone.

Punter - Trained by probowler and former aggie punter shane lechlar. averaged 53 yrds on 3 punts against citadel. Big leg

Dline- Led by juniors jack, bryant and harrington. Very deep, although martellus bennetts brother michael had his knee scoped in the summer and will see limited time. Kellen Heard is a frosh that looked very good against citadel but could stand to lose a pound.

LBs- Senior Justin Warren led the big 12 in tackles last year, but also had a knee scoped this summer and will see limited action. juco trans Mark Dodge spent his college years in the army, including stints overseas. He has a nose for the football and great speed. Judges still out on his covering ability. Misi Tupe is another juco guy who flys to where ever the ball is. Still getting used to the defense. Featherston also looked good against citadel, but hasnt been truly tested yet.

DBs: Last years downfall, looks to be better with the new 4-2-5 scheme. Gorrer and Carpenter are returners at CB and played good games against citadel. Peterson is a redshirt fish cb who earned the starting nod over carpenter. Arkeith Brown also looks to be a good addition. He is a hard hitter and a help to a average squad. Gregg, Newton, J. Brown, Dixon, and Bullit all see time at the three safety positions and all seem to be covering better. Melvin Bullit takes over the leadership role left by jaxson appel last year. \

I am looking forward to this weekend and hope to see many UL fans. Come to Northgate on friday night and midnight yell and expect to have a great time. Be ready to be invited by many ags to a tailgate and get free beer.

With all that said my prediction for the contest is A&M coming out strong and mounting an early lead then just set the cruise like they did against citadel. Im thinking A&M 34 ULL 13

Default Re: Realistic expectations for 9/9/06

The zone read option attack should work much better against aTm than against LSU. aTm doesnt have near the pseed that LSU has at linebacker, which makes the difference against a misdirection offense

10. Default Re: Realistic expectations for 9/9/06

the only thing that may help them with that, is that being a big part of the aggie offense so they are accustomed to defend it. But you are right, we are not as good a D as lsu

UL Football Cajuns vs aTm game on tv?

Does anyone know if the game will be available for purchase to watch? Maybe Legends might have it?

Default Re: Cajuns vs aTm game on tv?

I'm also interested in finding out if the game will be on tv.maybe gameplan?

Quote Originally Posted by shankthetank
    the only thing that may help them with that, is that being a big part of the aggie offense so they are accustomed to defend it. But you are right, we are not as good a D as lsu
    I'll look for a lot more option against aTm than we used against LSU simply because of team speed. Realisticly I think we can hang with ya'll and possibly pull the upset but you never know. My brain said 27-17 aTm.my heart says 31-27 UL. Regardless it should be fun and I look forward to this game.

14. Default Re: Cajuns vs aTm game on tv?

The word from Aggieland so far is no.

How much of an impact on the Cajun defense will the two returning Defensive Ends have?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information