Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18

Thread: 2006: UL vs T A&M

1. Default Re: Chat

How does chat work cause when I go I don't see anyone.

Default Theory

I have several theories about the aTm game. Most of them have been echoed by other posts. Here's one I haven't seen: Maybe aTm is that friggin' good this year. That was perhaps the most complete, well-executed, and mistake-free game I've ever witnessed against the Cajuns. We couldn't stop them and, for a change, they didn't stop themselves. Maybe in hindsight aTm will finish in the top 10, and not being able to handle them on either side of the ball will make more sense.

Looking forward, I would like to apologize to NC A&T in advance for having to deal with a Cajuns team that has been stewing for two weeks. I think they will be looking to make a statement.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Theory

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun
    I have several theories about the aTm game. Most of them have been echoed by other posts. Here's one I haven't seen: Maybe aTm is that friggin' good this year. That was perhaps the most complete, well-executed, and mistake-free game I've ever witnessed against the Cajuns. We couldn't stop them and, for a change, they didn't stop themselves. Maybe in hindsight aTm will finish in the top 10, and not being able to handle them on either side of the ball will make more sense.

Looking forward, I would like to apologize to NC A&T in advance for having to deal with a Cajuns team that has been stewing for two weeks. I think they will be looking to make a statement.
    Your theory is solid. I believe aTm will climb in the polls. They will make a stink in the Big12. It's easy to wish for that, considering what they did to the Cajuns. but they got serious talent. I believe we will look back on LSU and aTm as this year progresses and recognize the substantial talent we faced.

Default wE NEED TO GET HEALTHY

i think the most important thing we need to do is get healthy. Our secondary has alot of people hurt. Our linebacking core is banged up as well. Ou front seven needs to make tackles so our secondary can stay healthy. Having lamar morgan lead the team in tackles is not good. that means he is the last resort to stop someone. i think we will still win the sunbelt if we can get evryone healthy. We can still run the ball and last time i checked thats what you have to do to win the sunbelt.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: wE NEED TO GET HEALTHY

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    i think the most important thing we need to do is get healthy. Our secondary has alot of people hurt. Our linebacking core is banged up as well. Ou front seven needs to make tackles so our secondary can stay healthy. Having lamar morgan lead the team in tackles is not good. that means he is the last resort to stop someone. i think we will still win the sunbelt if we can get evryone healthy. We can still run the ball and last time i checked thats what you have to do to win the sunbelt.
    I think you are right. Two weeks will do much to get us healthy. I also think that the lines on both sides will execute better against future competition (gee. that's a stretch).

The championship, the bowl, and every other key aspect of this year centers around the Sunbelt. We have a team and a coaching staff that can pull it together. My hope is that the fans can get over these first 2 games and get behind the Cajuns. We have to get over this bs negative talk about LSU and aTm. "The first step of maturity is to forget about a better past".

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Theory

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun

How about that catch to the tight end?! I agree, A&M= far better then I could have imagined

UL Football Re: UL-TexAM updates?

Just wanted to stop in after the game and get a feel for things.

I will tell you that I was pleased to see how nice and courteous the fans were who made the trip out to Aggieland. I chatted with a few of them and they all seemed like good folks.

If any of you were able to make the trip, I hope you enjoyed the gameday atmosphere and the tailgating.

Keep your chin up. You have some fine young players to build with and I think your rushing game will take you far in the Sun Belt. I was impressed with that young QB and your tailbacks.

Default Re: Theory

Those are very kind words (being an Aggie), but I'm a little skeptical.

I know we have the talent to be very good. I've seen it before. Problem is, we tend to be up and down. We've had some very strong games that make you go WOW!and then we follow that up with a complete stinker against a team we should massacre.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Best of luck with your season.

Default Re: UL-TexAM updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1
    Just wanted to stop in after the game and get a feel for things.

I will tell you that I was pleased to see how nice and courteous the fans were who made the trip out to Aggieland. I chatted with a few of them and they all seemed like good folks.

If any of you were able to make the trip, I hope you enjoyed the gameday atmosphere and the tailgating.

Keep your chin up. You have some fine young players to build with and I think your rushing game will take you far in the Sun Belt. I was impressed with that young QB and your tailbacks.

I was equally impressed with your fans who were as nice as any that I've EVER been around. As for the tailgating/atmosphere, I managed to miss it all because of the wreck on 290. It took 4 1/2 hours to get from houston to college stationthat sucked. The trip was frustrating, and the only positive I gained from it all was the fact that your fans were so courteous. It would have been easy for a fan to talk ____ to us, but instead I got more "I hope that didnt ruin your time here" and "I hope everything turns out okay for the rest of the season for your team". Congratulations to your fanbase to be the only positive in an otherwise very dissapointing evening.

Tuffguy

10. UL Football UL hopes to regroup after two tough losses

LAFAYETTE — It’s beginning to look a lot like last season for the University of Louisiana at Lafayette football team.

The Cajuns are again 0-2 and they’ve been outscored 96-10, compared to 91-13 in 2005.

After defeats at LSU and Texas A&M, the Cajuns have a chance to regroup with an open date.

Then Division I-AA North Carolina A&T is coming to Cajun Field for the Sept. 23 home opener.

Meanwhile, UL-Lafayette coach Rickey Bustle knows what it’s going to take in order to refocus a team that was overmatched in each of its first two games.

“We’re going to have to get back to the fundamental things,” Bustle said after losing to A&M 51-7 Saturday night at Kyle Field.

Both Bustle, his players and Aggies coach Dennis Franchione indicated the obvious.

For Bustle, ULL was outmuscled by a bigger and more physical team on both sides of the ball.

“We got beat one-on-one,” Bustle said. “We didn’t defend the quarterback. They (A&M) just whipped us.”

Cajuns quarterback Michael Desormeaux, who for the second straight week relieved starter Jerry Babb, said there was little the UL-Lafayette offense could do against the Aggies defensive front.

The rest of the story

By BOB ARDOIN
    Special to The Advocate

11. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns announce week 2 award winners

LAFAYETTE - Each week Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns football coaching staff honors its outstanding performers from the previous week’s game by designating them as Players of the Week.

This week’s Offensive Player of the Game was backup quarterback Michael Desormeaux. On the Cajuns sixth drive of Saturday’s game at Texas A&M, Desormeaux entered the game and engineered a scoring drive resulting in the Cajun’s first touchdown of the season. On first-and-goal from the Aggie’s eight yard line, Desormeaux faked the handoff and peeled around the left side, diving into the end zone for a touchdown.

Desormeaux finished the A&M game with 53 yards rushing.

The Defensive Player of the Game was junior safety Lamar Morgan. He led the team with 14 tackles. This marked the second straight week which Morgan led the Cajuns defensive effort.

The Special Forces Players of the Game were punter Brit Framel and deep snapper Scott Hayes. Framel had a punting average above 40 yards for the second straight week, collecting 291 yards on seven punts for an average of 41.6 per punt.

The offensive and defensive scout team players of the week were Connor Morel and Jezreel Washington, respectively.

The Hammer Award for biggest hit on defense was shared by Rodney Hardeway and Hall Davis.

LOUISIANA SI

This is Upsetting Re: Texas A&M game 2006

"We just got overwhelmed," said Cajun coach Rickey Bustle after his team's 51-7 loss to the Aggies. "We got beat one-on-one everywhere."

Ever think that if we play the saftey more then 8 yards deep there will be help over the top? Or we can do like we did inside the 20 and play them on the goal line. 15-17 yards deep. We need to keep them back, or we will get beat 1 on 1 everytime. I also understand stopping the run, but we haven't stopped any passes as of yet, and we have to improve. I dont care if it is LSU and A&M and how good they are, we HAVE to get better. From coaching, to play calling to heart. Desormeaux pretty much had the most heart. Seems like he was the only one. I still think we need to huddle, and stop the sideline audibles.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL-TexAM updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffguy21
    I was equally impressed with your fans who were as nice as any that I've EVER been around. As for the tailgating/atmosphere, I managed to miss it all because of the wreck on 290. It took 4 1/2 hours to get from houston to college stationthat sucked. The trip was frustrating, and the only positive I gained from it all was the fact that your fans were so courteous. It would have been easy for a fan to talk ____ to us, but instead I got more "I hope that didnt ruin your time here" and "I hope everything turns out okay for the rest of the season for your team". Congratulations to your fanbase to be the only positive in an otherwise very dissapointing evening.

Tuffguy
    HAHA we went party with A&M fans at Northgate. GREAT time, didnt pay for much either. It was a great time and the fans were WONDERFUL

14. UL Football award winners and other tidbits

From Staff, Sun Belt sources

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns football coaching staff has named this week's outstanding performers from the contest at Texas A&M.

This week's Offensive Player of the Game was backup quarterback Michael Desormeaux.

On the Cajuns' sixth drive of Saturday's game at Texas A&M, Desormeaux entered the game and engineered a scoring drive resulting in UL's first touchdown of the season.

On first-and-goal from the Aggies' 8-yard line, Desormeaux faked the handoff and peeled around the left side, diving into the end zone for a touchdown.
    Desormeaux finished the A&M game with 53 yards rushing.

The Defensive Player of the Game was junior safety Lamar Morgan, who led the team with 14 tackles. This marked the second straight week which Morgan led the Cajuns defensive effort.

The rest of the story

Default Re: UL-TexAM updates?

Quote Originally Posted by LSUatLafayette
    Whomever runs this website gave me the "known troublemaker" tag.

It doesn't pleasure me to see people in pain. It's not tough love either because I certainly don't love you people.

I think it's more like a public service that I am providing. It's a dose of reality that you people need on a continual basis.

Like I said, the cajuns will beat North Carolina furniture A&T by a big score, get drummed by Houston and then probably come close to running the table in the woeful sunbelt conference.

If that satisfies your craving for quality football then you have zero standards with a masochistic bent. By the end of the season, you people will have it down to an art form as usual. You're all famous for spinning cow dung into gold strand.
    Be curious to see what you say after LSU goes 0-3 against Auburn, Florida, and Tennessee.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18

Thread Information