Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL vs T A&M

Default Re: crow

I think one of the problems is since we beat A&M in 96 and came close in 2002 for some reason we as fans think this game should be closer than it is. The Aggies are still an elite football program and we are not.

Still, these games are not a barometer for the success we can have. Of course our program is not where Texas A&M and LSU are at. However, if we beat A&T, and Eastern Michigan. We can be 2-3 going into conference, and we just have to win games.

If we would finish 8-4, who could really be that upset?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL-TexAM updates?

Brock. good post. I am a competitor, but did expect the 0-2 start. I thought we would look a little better however. The reality of it is that this process of rebuilding is slow. Were we thinking last year's finish somehow raised us to compete, at the beginning of the season, with these powerful programs? I think not.

I want success for UL football. I am tired of being down. I recall when the Brian Mitchell years allowed us winning seasons and an element of respect. All of us wanted to grow on that. not stagnate. But, we did. Jake's era came along and we returned to that level. Again, we sank. 10 years running, until last year, we finally picked it up a notch. We have a toe-hold from last year, not a firm grip. Our highest expectation right now, as fans, is to hope that Bustle and his staff can keep improving in every respect. And, that this group of young men have the right stuff to work day by day, and focus on each moment to learn and get ready for the next game.

These past 2 weeks are whatever we want to make of it. If fans are going to return to whining and not attending. that upsets me. We need every fan, even those who only want to associate with us on the upswing. I know I'm preaching to the choir on this website. we are going to get behind the Cajuns. I just hope that the fever that was building in Lafayette does not die. I have seen a student body that was rejecting the football team, turn it around and start backing the team. If they can do it, everyone else should too.

I am just letting everyone here know that I am still making every trip from BR to Lafayette for home games. and I am solidly behind this program.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Totally agree Slappy. I don't live in the negative very long. I wanted to see us hold our own with LSU and TAM. We didn't. My hope is that we get it together from here on out. The schedule takes a major turn now. If we get complacent however, we are going to get disappointed. Some of these Sunbelt teams are not honoring our status as the pick to win. They may just want to turn their own programs around this year. Our team and our fans have got to tighten our chin straps and dig in hard this year.

It is so freakin early, but "I want that bowl game"!

Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    Totally agree Slappy. I don't live in the negative very long. I wanted to see us hold our own with LSU and TAM. We didn't. My hope is that we get it together from here on out. The schedule takes a major turn now. If we get complacent however, we are going to get disappointed. Some of these Sunbelt teams are not honoring our status as the pick to win. They may just want to turn their own programs around this year. Our team and our fans have got to tighten our chin straps and dig in hard this year.

It is so freakin early, but "I want that bowl game"!

Geaux Cajuns!
    I agree I won't live in the negative for long but after yesterday I just want to be negative for a little while haha I want to see us get our confidence back and finish the OOC strong and then rip the conference up from top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    Brock. good post. I am a competitor, but did expect the 0-2 start. I thought we would look a little better however. The reality of it is that this process of rebuilding is slow. Were we thinking last year's finish somehow raised us to compete, at the beginning of the season, with these powerful programs? I think not.

I want success for UL football. I am tired of being down. I recall when the Brian Mitchell years allowed us winning seasons and an element of respect. All of us wanted to grow on that. not stagnate. But, we did. Jake's era came along and we returned to that level. Again, we sank. 10 years running, until last year, we finally picked it up a notch. We have a toe-hold from last year, not a firm grip. Our highest expectation right now, as fans, is to hope that Bustle and his staff can keep improving in every respect. And, that this group of young men have the right stuff to work day by day, and focus on each moment to learn and get ready for the next game.

These past 2 weeks are whatever we want to make of it. If fans are going to return to whining and not attending. that upsets me. We need every fan, even those who only want to associate with us on the upswing. I know I'm preaching to the choir on this website. we are going to get behind the Cajuns. I just hope that the fever that was building in Lafayette does not die. I have seen a student body that was rejecting the football team, turn it around and start backing the team. If they can do it, everyone else should too.

I am just letting everyone here know that I am still making every trip from BR to Lafayette for home games. and I am solidly behind this program.
    I will never turn my back on the program but like you I want to see us win. I'm tired of hearing this team has so much potential.I want that potential to be lived up to. I had high hopes going into the season and I still figured at this point we would be 0-2 but I expected for us to show up and play those 2 teams tough and we didn't. A lot of people are going to jump off the ship and start calling for heads but I'm not going to do that but I believe Bustle has to get fired up and in the process get his team fired up again. I like what Bustle has done' sense he has been here but my 1 complaint is he is to passive.he needs to yell and let this team know that just being middle of the road is not exceptible. He has brought this team from about 50 scholorships players to what it is now, he brought it from nothing to something, now its time to show everyone in Lafayette and nationally that this team is not a joke anymore.being ranked in the bottom 10 on espn is not exceptible and us as fans deserve better. I still believe in these players and in our coaching staff and I know most people on here still believe as well.now its up to the players and coaching staff to believe and get that confidence back and go out and kick some ___ the rest of this season.

**rant off**

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AggieGuy
    I was just trying to raise your spirits.you know, the whole sportsmanship deal. To be honest though, I have not a positive thing to say about the way yall played in this game. Met some of your fans though.nice guys!
    I went to the game, and the only positive were the aggie fans. I had the worst trip to any place ever on my way there. My girlfriend and me spend the night before in houston, so we stayed in the hotel, and left about 2:30 to get to the game (the mapquest sheet said about an hour and 30 min).we were on 290 and got stuck in bumper to bumper traffic jam. I spent 3 hours, bumper to bumper, to go litterally 1 mile. The cop redirected me to the meuske street exit, and told me to go to 2920, but i didnt find it, so i had to drive completly unknowing of where the hell I was, randomly for an hour. after randomly driving around, I get back on 290 goin out to college station. Unfortunatly.mapquest mislabeled the exit, so I ended up 2 exits into bryan, and asked for some directions, which were terrible. but we drove around, and finnally got to the game. missed the entire first quarter, and when I walked in it was 21-0. I didnt even have a chance to feel like we had a chance. We got hammered through-out the game. The only solace after the game was to head over to J Codys, which some of your fans said was really good, we got there at 9:00.and they closed early due to lack of business. The Aggie fans were courteous atleast and I grew a greater respect for them.

On another note, Francione ____ed me off with the running up the score thing. goin for it twice on fourth down on a drive, then going for 2 was un-necessary. That in no way made me think less of your players or your fans, just didnt care for the classlessness of that act by your coach.

Take it easy,
    Tuffguy

Quote Originally Posted by LSUatLafayette
    Guess what dude, you will be playing the same way at the end of this year as you did last year. And the wins won't be because your players turned it around or they started believing or Bustle figured it out. It will be because you are playing terrible Sun Belt teams and winning.

Can't you people figure this out yet?

The sooner you people realize that you are a low-major and not a mid-major the better off you will be.
    Wow dude.

Just curious, and I hope you will be honest with me.

Why do you find it necessary to go on another team's message baord just to insult them and kick them while they are down? I mean, why would you take so much time and effort out of your own life to be so cruel towards another group of human beings?

Also, why do you take such pride in being a "known troublemaker" like the message under your screename suggests? Why do you take so much pleasure in hurting others?

I look forward to your honest reply.

8. UL Football Hot quarterback finds many holes in Cajuns' defense.

COLLEGE STATION, Texas - For the second straight game, the University of Louisiana fell victim to a hot hand at quarterback.

Texas A&M's Stephen McGee may not have been as dramatic as LSU's JaMarcus Russell was one week earlier, and didn't match Russell's three touchdown passes in the first half. But he may have been more consistent, and the Aggie offense was just as dominant in its 51-7 victory over a cannon-shocked Cajun squad.

McGee was 16-of-23 for 187 yards and one score in the first half alone, completing his first six throws as well as 10 of his first 11 attempts. More importantly, he engineered the Aggie offense to 16 first downs and 296 yards in the first half alone, accounting for most of a 31-7 halftime advantage.

"The advantage we had tonight was we played with a short field," McGee said. "Even if you don't get a lot offensively, not having to take it down the whole field helps incredibly. And we didn't turn the ball over. That was the biggest disappointment last week and that's what kept us short of our goal last week as an offense.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

9. UL Football Desormeaux puts UL on scoreboard.

COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it.

The University of Louisiana apparently didn't learn much from its football season opener one week ago, and therefore Saturday's first half was a blurry copy of the previous weekend. This time, it was Texas A&M that was teaching the history lesson, and what a lesson it was.

"We were totally overmatched," said Ragin' Cajun coach Rickey Bustle after the host Aggies had finished off a 51-7 crunching of an 0-2 Cajun team. "They put it right down our throat a bunch of times, and we didn't make a play."

The Aggies (2-0) made plenty of them. Mostly it was burly running back Jorvorski Lane and quarterback Stephen McGee doing those honors, with Lane rushing for four touchdowns and McGee hitting 20-of-27 passes for 200 yards and another score.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffguy21
    I went to the game, and the only positive were the aggie fans. I had the worst trip to any place ever on my way there. My girlfriend and me spend the night before in houston, so we stayed in the hotel, and left about 2:30 to get to the game (the mapquest sheet said about an hour and 30 min).we were on 290 and got stuck in bumper to bumper traffic jam. I spent 3 hours, bumper to bumper, to go litterally 1 mile. The cop redirected me to the meuske street exit, and told me to go to 2920, but i didnt find it, so i had to drive completly unknowing of where the :confused: I was, randomly for an hour. after randomly driving around, I get back on 290 goin out to college station. Unfortunatly.mapquest mislabeled the exit, so I ended up 2 exits into bryan, and asked for some directions, which were terrible. but we drove around, and finnally got to the game. missed the entire first quarter, and when I walked in it was 21-0. I didnt even have a chance to feel like we had a chance. We got hammered through-out the game. The only solace after the game was to head over to J Codys, which some of your fans said was really good, we got there at 9:00.and they closed early due to lack of business. The Aggie fans were courteous atleast and I grew a greater respect for them.

On another note, Francione peeed me off with the running up the score thing. goin for it twice on fourth down on a drive, then going for 2 was un-necessary. That in no way made me think less of your players or your fans, just didnt care for the classlessness of that act by your coach.

Take it easy,
    Tuffguy
    Hey yall tough loss last night. I can't say don't get down, cause it seems you all are getting there. But look on the bright side. All you got to do is win your conference and you WILL make a bowl game. I know it's been 2 very tough games, but it's only 2 games. 10 more still to play. It's a long season. Yall can rebound and make a run in conference.

11. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns will always remember 1996

Texas A&M will be forever tied to Ragin' Cajun football.

Almost 10 years ago to the day, the then Southwestern Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns upset the No. 25 Aggies, 29-22, in Lafayette for arguably their biggest victory ever.

Led by Jake Delhomme, best known as the Carolina Panthers starting quarterback in Super Bowl XXXVIII, the Cajuns took advantage of eight Aggie turnovers.

Rickey Bustle led Louisiana Lafayette to a share of the Sun Belt title last year.

The score isn't the only number etched in the Louisiana-Lafayette annals. On that day, a record 38,783 fans jammed into "The Swamp." The Cajun Field record still stands.

The scene after the game was also kept for prosperity. The cover of The Cajuns' 1997 football media guide was a picture of the fans tearing down the goalpost.

The rest of the story

By RICHARD CROOME
    Eagle Sports Writer

Just to defend ourselves a bit. I can sort of agree with you on going for it on 4th down.however, we had our 2nd and 3rd string in it was only 1 yard in territory where we would not make a field goal and a punt would have been stupid.

In addition, we did not go for 2 on purpose. It was a horrible snap that the holder decided to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel
    Wow dude.

Just curious, and I hope you will be honest with me.

Why do you find it necessary to go on another team's message baord just to insult them and kick them while they are down? I mean, why would you take so much time and effort out of your own life to be so cruel towards another group of human beings?

Also, why do you take such pride in being a "known troublemaker" like the message under your screename suggests? Why do you take so much pleasure in hurting others?

I look forward to your honest reply.

Hes not insulting you hes telling you the truth-The only sport worth a ____ in the Sunbelt is baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by AggieGuy
    Just to defend ourselves a bit. I can sort of agree with you on going for it on 4th down.however, we had our 2nd and 3rd string in it was only 1 yard in territory where we would not make a field goal and a punt would have been stupid.

In addition, we did not go for 2 on purpose. It was a horrible snap that the holder decided to pick up.

I dont know other players on your team admitingly, but you did still have mcgee in there. As an opposing fan who only knows your QB by name specifically, I figured with him still in there, you still had first stringers in there. There were also 2 4th down conversions, one was a 4th and 3, and the other was the fourth and 1 when yall were in fieldgoal range. As for the extra point, I was looken down at somethin after yall scored for an second expecting extra point, then looked up to see a pass into the endzone, and I was furious. I felt at the time that it was purposely trying to embarass us. I understand about the extra point now, but still mad about the 4th downs.

Simply put, I wish you, the team, and your fans well, cuzz I was treated very well while I was there, but I do NOT like Francione in the least.

Tuffguy

Ragin' Cajuns Re: crow

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    Most guys/girls on this board will support this team to the end because we believe but these players need to really start believing in themselves. Durign the Spring and Fall practice they were walking with a swagger and I just don't believe they have that same feel right now. They need to get a fire lit and knock some heads.
    I think we need to get rid of the no huddle offense/defense. No one is held accountable, no one saying "BABB calm down" or Adams, wrap up. No support from the PLAYERS on the team.THE PLAYERS HAVE TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER. Because of this, we are not a TEAM but individuals on a team. Also, how can we expect to have any confidence in Babb or Desormeaux if they cant make audibles from the field? Nothing aggravated me more then the stupid audibles from the sideline. I love Louisiana till the end, and i will always support them,however we are about to have a need for change. I did not like that no one really got on the players when mistakes, instead bustle patted a few of the defense on the back as if a 40-something point loss is acceptable. I hate to say it but the play calling looked as if BOBBY GREEN were calling them. you have to pass to open the run, running 11 pass plays wont do it.
    desormeaux completes his first pass. Didnt run another till much later.

One plus side to the game, when we had prety much the second team defense in the game, we tackled ALOT better, wrapping up and making better decisions. Other then that not much else to be positive about.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information