Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL vs T A&M

1. Default Re: Football in College Station vs the Aggies

I am alive

Ragin' Cajuns Re: aTm Tickets available

Quote Originally Posted by Doom
    anyone interested in tickets to this weekend's game, let me know. I have 2 available.

thanks!
    how much doom?

3. UL Football Aggies' defense stands out again

For years, Texas A&M made its football mark defensively and ranked among the most heralded defensive units in college football.

That reputation took some hits over the last couple of seasons, but the Aggies' new defensive alignment has caught University of Louisiana offensive coordinator Rob Christophel's attention.

"They are just tremendously big inside," Christophel said after the Cajuns finished up their final practice session in preparation for Saturday's 6 p.m. contest in College Station, Texas. "They're big, physical guys, and it looks like they're going to have more people around the line of scrimmage than we faced last week."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

4. UL Football Morgan says loss to LSU will help UL

LAFAYETTE — Lamar Morgan has never been to Texas A&M’s Kyle Field, but he has a pretty good idea what to expect Saturday.

Just five days ago, the UL-Lafayette safety was part of a Cajuns secondary that surrendered 299 passing yards and three touchdowns to three LSU quarterbacks.

UL played before 92,362 at Tiger Stadium and Morgan figures the Cajuns will face another capacity crowd when they face the Aggies at 6 p.m. Saturday.

The season opener couldn’t have gone much worse for the ULL defensive backs, who were usually placed in single coverage while the defensive line and linebackers anticipated the LSU rushing attack.

Kyle Field, with its 82,600-spectator capacity awaits ULL, which is attempting a mental disconnect from last Saturday’s 45-3 loss in Baton Rouge.

Morgan grew up in Copperas Cove, Texas, just a few miles from the University of Texas and about 120 miles from College Station.

“Growing up, I was never a fan of Texas or Texas A&M, but if I followed one team more than the other, it was probably A&M,” said Morgan, who started at free safety and had a game-high seven tackles.

The rest of the story

By BOB ARDOIN
    Special to The Advocate

5. I have a Question The Goings on at College Station

COLLEGE STATION — Headed to Kyle Field on Saturday night? Double-check that checklist.

Binoculars? Check. Maroon jersey? Check. 12th Man towel? Check. Spouse or significant other? Check. Sunglasses? Che …

Sunglasses? For a night game?

Fans at last Saturday's A&M victory over The Citadel for the most part loved the new look on the old, elegant lady named Kyle Field — with the exception of the eye-rubbing-causing "ribbon" video boards that run nearly the length of each side.

One fan called me to say he couldn't concentrate on the game because of the flashing ribbon boards, which lit up half of Brazos County every time they advertised a sandwich shop or soda pop or the like.

Aggies athletic director Bill Byrne, who does a great job of keeping fans updated on what's shakin' in College Station, addressed the fans' concerns in his Wednesday Weekly — which, by the way, runs weekly every Wednesday (hee hee) — on www.aggieathletics.com

"We discovered some interesting things," he said. "One is how the boards made it so pronounced just how dim Kyle Field is during night games. We've heard this for years from television crews and photographers.

"…I know you're thinking, 'Why haven't you changed out a few bulbs?'"

Byrne said it might take up to a $1 million to bring Kyle's lighting up to snuff. He said the lights also haven't been cleaned in nearly a decade, because they're so hard to reach.

"All this came to our attention when we saw that certain displays on the ribbon boards overwhelmed the lighting on Kyle Field," he said.

He added that the ribbon boards were running at 30 percent of their capacity — so expect them to be even lower this Saturday.

Shoot, you want a homefield advantage? Turn 'em up to 100 percent on Saturday night — every time the Louisiana-Lafayette quarterback drops back to pass.

The rest of the story

Brent Zwerneman
    Express-News Staff Writer

Default Re: aTm Tickets available

$60 for both.

email me at latourb@hotmail.com if you're interested. I will be in Lafayette at some point today.

thanks

Default Re: aTm Tickets available

Doom if you still have the tickets I am interested. I just shot you an e-mail.

If any one else has tickets I need 3. Please post or e-mail me at jeffpersonpt@msn.com

Thanks

8. Default Question for Aggies

Maybe someone from A&M can answer this question for me, if they are reading. Does anyone know if there is a radio station that I can catch the A&M-UL game in Huntsville? I'm going to be at the Sam Houston State game, so I won't have access to the internet. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

9. Default Re: Question for Aggies

Default Chat

Let's get a good chat going today. I've got no one to lean on over here.

I put my flag out for the Aggies across the street to enjoy. It is taking forever for 6pm to get here. I've tried to kill time. PM'ed an outboard motor. Installed an outdoor light fixture. Surfing games now but can't seem to settle in on one.

I was screaming at the Akron coach earlier today to not listen to the announcers and go for it. One yard to beat NC St? I take that every time. Anything can happen in OT, and what usually happens is the underdog loses. Good job coach.

11. Default Re: Question for Aggies

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Aggie

Thanks, man.

UL Football Possible Break for the Cajuns

I just talked to a friend from A&M at the game and the word is McGee has an intestinal virus and may not play.

13. Default UL/Texas A&M Chat

join us in the chat room for discussion.

Default Re: UL/Texas A&M Chat

LMAO they wont let me chat-what abunch of pansies

Touchdownnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Aggiessssssssssssssss

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL/Texas A&M Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Mineshaft
    LMAO they wont let me chat-what abunch of pansies

Touchdownnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Aggiessssssssssssssss
    Everyone in the room at present has an I Q over 50, why would they want to bring the quotient down?

Z.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread Information