Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL vs T A&M

Default Re: Aggie fan here offering tailgating advice.

If you do happen to go to the Dry Bean, which I recommend. Make sure you get a Bonfire shot, just remember not to touch it til you blow it out! And for you true Cajuns, try a leatherneck, trust me.

2. Default Re: Aggie fan here offering tailgating advice.

leatherneck. bwahaha. yes please do try that. I had my fair share as a student but can't do that ____ anymore.

3. Default Re: Greetings!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor
    Watch them LSU boys, cause they'll get a good rivalry going with ya and then pull out of the end of the agreement.
    Says your admin.How's Frannie? Want to play LSU now?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie Tailgater

Good eating places on northgate when you're ____ed up. Antonio's Pizza, Freebirds, La Bodega (for breakfast and still ____ed up), Cafe Eccell for lunch on Sundays, Potbellys, Pita Pit, the Chicken.

Have fun, get ____ty, don't remember too much and take home some dirty leg. Go tailgate your ___ off and best of luck during the game! I hope we kick your ___, but have safe travels home.
    Don't leave College Station without stopping at Freebird's World burrito yum!

Default Re: Realistic expectations for 9/9/06

Quote Originally Posted by Damon

You got broke off!
    That was some Ali-style ownage:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/att.9&d=1150916984

This is so COOL Re: Football in College Station vs the Aggies

I like this guy.
    You can keep him, we're done with him.

7. UL Football UL secondary running short for game against A&M

The University of Louisiana football squad can't afford to have any more cornerbacks get hurt, especially with the task the Ragin' Cajuns face this weekend.

UL travels to face Texas A&M at 6 p.m. Saturday, meeting an Aggie offense that was one of 11 in the country to both rush and pass for an average of 200 yards per game last season. A&M uses a combination of a spread offense with an option package, much like the Cajun squad.

It puts pressure on an entire defense, especially at the corners, and UL will be without two regulars for Saturday. Jarrett Jones, listed as nickel back on preseason depth charts, is still battling a sore knee, and backup right corner Jemarcus Smith is out with an injured toe after playing only six snaps in last weekend's 45-3 loss at LSU.

"It's brought our group closer together," said UL cornerbacks coach Terry Sims. "The guys that are out are out there helping the other guys with technique, things like that. They've both played a lot of football, and they know what to look for."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

8. UL Football Focus is easy for UL's Jones

Matching up with Texas A&M makes for a big weekend for most members of the University of Louisiana football team.

But for tight end Erik Jones, it's absolutely huge, as it would be for any long-time dyed-in-the-wool Texas Longhorn follower.

"My dad went to Texas," Jones said, "so A&M has a lot of extra meaning for me."

Football fans in Acadiana may not know how deep the rivalry between the Longhorns and the Aggies go. For those involved, it's not just about football or even athletics. It's a way of life.

The Aggies downgrade the "T-sippers." Longhorns tell Aggie jokes. The state's divided between those who wear maroon and those who wear burnt orange.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Just amazing to sit here and read through this thread and compare it to the cr*p we listened to last week. And they wonder why my name is what it is Cant wait till tomorrow. heading towards College Station Gonna try to make the bonfire Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState
    Just amazing to sit here and read through this thread and compare it to the cr*p we listened to last week. And they wonder why my name is what it is Cant wait till tomorrow. heading towards College Station Gonna try to make the bonfire Friday night.
    Do they still do the bonfire????

11. Default Re: Aggie fan here offering tailgating advice.

Not really.maybe he is refering to Midnight Yell on Friday night (well, technically Saturday morning).

12. Default Re: Aggie fan here offering tailgating advice.

bonfire is only before the texas game. I think he is referring to midnight yell practice at kyle field.

Hey guys, I will be in Lot 97 and I offer free beer to any cajuns who come by and say hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
    Not really.maybe he is refering to Midnight Yell on Friday night (well, technically Saturday morning).
    yep . my bad I did mean the yell practice at midnight. It was a lot of fun last time we played.

I have 2 tickets for this game if anyone is interested. they are in the east 1st deck.

email me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie Tailgater
    Hey UL fans!!

Welcome to Aggieland and I hope you guys have a crazy good trip and enjoy College Station.

If I were a UL fan, I'd try and park in Lot 97 on our west campus. It's on the north side of Reed Arena (our basketball gym). It is $10 and it is first come first serve. A lot of students tailgate here and it's a good time.

You'll be offered many beers and food from the lot.

Here is a link from last week's tailgating pictures.

http://mb15.scout.com/ftamufrm1.show.ID=12730.topic

Default aTm Tickets available

anyone interested in tickets to this weekend's game, let me know. I have 2 available.

thanks!

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . LastLast

Thread Information