Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL vs T A&M

Default Re: Aggie fan here offering tailgating advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    The Texas A&M fans seem more hospitable than LSU fans so far.
    That's because we are not "TU"

Default Re: Realistic expectations for 9/9/06

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1
    Just out of curiosity.

Can you name even one single player on your team that warranted a scholarship offer from a major program?

And, NO, La Tech isn't a what I'd call a major program.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    terrel fenroy had offers from ole miss and miss state, korey raymond originally signed with auburn , deion wallace hade offers from kansas state and i want to say tA&M may have been looking at deion also. Brandon cox could play o-line for just about anybody in the country. I'm sure there are more players with big time offers that i do not know about. That also has nothing to do with what happens on the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    Crazycajun and ronmexico named a few but heres a few more

Derrick Smith - Wisconsin
    Lamar Morgan - Georgia Tech
    Matt Ulm - Southern Miss.
    John Hundley - Ole Miss. and Southern Miss. showed interest
    Gerren Bllout - was shown interest by Texas Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcollect
    Mike Desomeaux turned down Mississppi State.
    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver
    Well, Jason Chery signed with Les Miles out of HS, then decided not to go to college for a year to work on improving his English scores. When Miles left OSU to go to the tigers, Chery ended up at UL.

You got broke off!

This is Upsetting Re: Realistic expectations for 9/9/06

None of A&M's players would even start on our practice squad. They're so pathetic!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie Tailgater
    Hey UL fanss!!

Welcome to Aggieland and I hope you guys have a crazy good trip and enjoy College Station.

If I were a UL fans, I'd try and park in Lot 97 on our west campus. It's on the north side of Reed Arena (our basketball gym). It is $10 and it is first come first serve. A lot of students tailgate here and it's a good time.

You'll be offered many beers and food from the lot.

Here is a link from last week's tailgating pictures.

http://mb15.scout.com/ftamufrm1.show.ID=12730.topic
    i'm staying at the howard johnson. Do you know if that is within walking distance or can we just take a taxi? Do you know if they let ice chests in taxi's? I know ihave alot of questions but last time i went to the game i remember walking a whole lot and never really getting anywhere. That could have been the beer though but anyway i'm just wondering where I need to be and the best way to get there

5. Default Re: Aggie fan here offering tailgating advice.

yeah, I'd take a taxi. you aren't anywhere near campus.

I'd call Aggieland taxi (they have vans) and I'm sure you can load up a cooler in there.

Just tell them to take you to the north side of Reed Arena and you'll be in between two large tailgating scenes.

I doubt you'll have to drink all your beer, but just set up on the curb, start drinking and I bet some Ags invite you over for food and booze.

Quote Originally Posted by Mineshaft
    49-10 Aggies rolll
    Dude. It's football season. You can go back to sleep until December. Someone will wake you in time to shaft the basketball team.

yeah, I'd take a taxi. you aren't anywhere near campus.

I'd call Aggieland taxi (they have vans) and I'm sure you can load up a cooler in there.

Just tell them to take you to the north side of Reed Arena and you'll be in between two large tailgating scenes.

I doubt you'll have to drink all your beer, but just set up on the curb, start drinking and I bet some Ags invite you over for food and booze.
    don't worry we coon asses don't go anywhere empty handed, i'll have boudin and sausage for the pit in my ice chest with the my beer, finding a pit to use should not be a problem we can pass a good time with anyone!

8. Default Re: Aggie fan here offering tailgating advice.

good deal! have fun.

Default Re: Greetings!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor
    Watch them LSU boys, cause they'll get a good rivalry going with ya and then pull out of the end of the agreement.
    Can you have a rivalry with LSU without changing your fight song? I guess it would be a sub-rivalry. The Sabine Showdown. The Toledo Bend Beat Down. I'm not really feeling it. LSU certainly needs a true rival though. Ole Miss is old school. Tulane is too late. Arkansas is too "Here's you new rival. Make it work. With love and mandates, SEC."

good deal! have fun.
    one more question what is the nightlife scene like? Where do most of the colleg people hang out. I heard about htis chicken place but i don't think i want to play dominoes all night. Is fitzwillies a good place or what are a few you suggest

11. Default Re: Aggie fan here offering tailgating advice.

You want to go to the Northgate Bar District. The Dixie Chicken is a landmark, but I'd only go for a beer (although you would probably have all your beer bought for you here). It's mainly an alum bar on game weekends and it sells the most alcohol per sq. feet than any bar in the country.

Other Bars on Northgate

Skyy Bar/Schotzkis - college aged crowd with cheap beer and darts

Zapatos - live music, good beers, good college ___

Midnight Rodeo - aka Midnight Rope a ho has cheap ___ drinks and dancing

O'Bannons - my favorite pub it's an Irish pub with 95 beers available live music

Paddock Lane - live music, little more upscale bar

Fitzwillys - live music, two story bar with an older crowd

Dry Bean Saloon - this is a SHOT BAR. 300 shots on menu. it is a long building that isn't wide, but will be packed with students taking shots and only shots. If you want to get ____ed up, its fun!

Duddleys Draw - older crowd, with decent beer prices

315 SHOT BAR - just like Dry Bean except with an alternative hard rock feel

Madhatters - the "back asswards bar" with an 80s theme and big beers

The Library - you want hard drugs, go here. greek crowd with lots of hot ___

The Corner Bar - its about to be a 3 story bar, but it has tons of hot ___ and plasmas everywhere.

Gatsbys - nightclub with lots of slutty college aged girls

Kyoto Sake Bar - Sake bombs and sushi!

Groove - greek crowd with lots of hot ___

V Bar - greek crowd with lots of hot ___

Logans - my second favorite bar its a sports type bar with lots of hot ___ and huge tvs

NY sub - beer and pizza

Madhatters, the chicken, fitzwillys, paddock lane, zapatos, logans, duddleys, dry bean and gatsbys all have porches.

Good eating places on northgate when you're ____ed up. Antonio's Pizza, Freebirds, La Bodega (for breakfast and still ____ed up), Cafe Eccell for lunch on Sundays, Potbellys, Pita Pit, the Chicken.

Have fun, get ____ty, don't remember too much and take home some dirty leg. Go tailgate your ___ off and best of luck during the game! I hope we kick your ___, but have safe travels home.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon

You got broke off!

Default Re: Cajuns vs aTm game on tv?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos
    I wonder if we can get Jabba to play nose guard?
    He's too lazy. I'll take a few Gamorrean Guards though.

UL Football Re: Aggie fan here offering tailgating advice.

OK let me get this straight.Aggies inviting us for beers.giving the 411 on cool places to hang out?. Toto, we are definitely not in Baton Rouge. Thanks a bunch Aggies, maybe Texas IS a whole 'nother country! Good luck in life and love and the world above, but I sincerely hope your football team loses Saturday! Geaux Cajuns!!!

Default Re: Greetings!

Quote Originally Posted by superdup
    Helloe from a Tiger.just wanted to say that I wish the Cajun's all the best this season! What's the word on the game this weekend? Do you like y'alls chances against A&M? I will be the biggest UL fan for that game.

It's nice to see your program coming along.LSU needs a good rivalry!!! Hopefully one day we can get it to that point.

Thanks, and best of luck to LSU!!

L'Ronte'

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread Information