Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL vs T A&M

1. UL Football Franchione coping with job security controversy

An unidentified Big 12 Conference coach, when asked for a scouting report on Texas A&M's football team, didn't hold much back except his name.

The anonymous quote, printed in Athlon Sports' preseason college football magazine, said, "I don't know that Dennis Franchione was ever the right fit there ."

That's not the only place where Franchione's job security has been questioned. The Texas A&M coach may have a contract through 2011, but several magazines and networks have put Franchione in their "coaching hot seat" category.

The Aggies may have taken a 35-3 victory over The Citadel last weekend and stand as a 20-point favorite over the University of Louisiana this Saturday, but it'll take a lot more than that for A&M fans to forget last year's 5-6 record - the Aggies' second losing mark in three years under Franchione.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: Why we will beat the Aggies

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    I have two engineering bachelor's degrees from UL and am working on a master's at TAMU in one of their signature areas (transportation engineering). Any difference I can tell between the difficulty of the two can be attributed to undergrad vs. grad schools. There are better resources available at TAMU and it's really great to be taught by (and work with) some of the giants in the field, but I don't find their classes to be difficult in and of themselves. Like I said, it is primarily just the undergrad vs. grad workload difference. .
    You are absolutly correct Cdeb. UL has no real funding for a proper engineering grad school. I too got my undergrad at UL and got my masters at TAMU. There was another UL grad who was a research assistant with me at the time. We both were well prepared and performed better than average throughout grad school.

Default Re: Realistic expectations for 9/9/06

Quote Originally Posted by bmcollect
    Mike Desomeaux turned down Mississppi State.
    and Boston College

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1
    Just out of curiosity.

Can you name even one single player on your team that warranted a scholarship offer from a major program?

And, NO, La Tech isn't a what I'd call a major program.
    You're one to talk. The aggies just pick up the refuse from OU, UT, and Texas Tech.

5. Default Greetings!

Helloe from a Tiger.just wanted to say that I wish the Cajun's all the best this season! What's the word on the game this weekend? Do you like y'alls chances against A&M? I will be the biggest ULL fan for that game.

It's nice to see your program coming along.LSU needs a good rivalry!!! Hopefully one day we can get it to that point.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Why we will beat the Aggies

Quote Originally Posted by aggie03
    I hope some of your co-eds travel to the game.

I hope your team plays well, but it will take a lot of things to go your way for you to win. Do you really think there will be 4 fumbles again?

Good luck, and I hope to see you at the tailgating before the game and at The Dixie Chicken after the game.
    Put it this way, if the Aggies fumble 4 times this Saturday they will LOSE BIG!!!

GIG THOSE AGGIES!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Greetings!

Quote Originally Posted by superdup
    Helloe from a Tiger.just wanted to say that I wish the Cajun's all the best this season! What's the word on the game this weekend? Do you like y'alls chances against A&M? I will be the biggest UL fan for that game.

It's nice to see your program coming along.LSU needs a good rivalry!!! Hopefully one day we can get it to that point.
    Thanks for stopping by. The Tigers looked like an awesome team on Saturday and should make things interesting, as usual, in the SEC.

I obviously like our chances against TAMU much better than against LSU, but we're going to have to play a flawless game to win. While the Aggies haven't had the success they've had in the past, they still have some really good athletes and a coach who's done it elsewhere, even if he hasn't done it in College Station, yet.

8. Support Re: Greetings!

Watch them LSU boys, cause they'll get a good rivalry going with ya and then pull out of the end of the agreement.

Default Re: Why we will beat the Aggies

We could use a little (alot actually) of that traffic engineering in Lafayette about right now.

Default Re: Cajuns vs aTm game on tv?

I wonder if we can get Jabba to play nose guard?

Quote Originally Posted by bmcollect
    Mike Desomeaux turned down Mississppi State.
    also turned down getting drafted in baseball right out of high school

12. Default Aggie fan here offering tailgating advice.

Hey Cajun fans!!

Welcome to Aggieland and I hope you guys have a crazy good trip and enjoy College Station.

If I were a Cajun fan, I'd try and park in Lot 97 on our west campus. It's on the north side of Reed Arena (our basketball gym). It is $10 and it is first come first serve. A lot of students tailgate here and it's a good time.

You'll be offered many beers and food from the lot.

Here is a link from last week's tailgating pictures.

http://mb15.scout.com/ftamufrm1.show.ID=12730.topic

Default Re: Aggie fan here offering tailgating advice.

The Texas A&M fans seem more hospitable than LSU fans so far.

Default Re: Aggie fan here offering tailgating advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    The Texas A&M fans seem more hospitable than LSU fans so far.
    Duhhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1
    Just out of curiosity.

Can you name even one single player on your team that warranted a scholarship offer from a major program?

And, NO, La Tech isn't a what I'd call a major program.
    Well, Jason Chery signed with Les Miles out of HS, then decided not to go to college for a year to work on improving his English scores. When Miles left OSU to go to the tigers, Chery ended up at UL.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread Information